Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Syringe Measurements

[Se...]

@[bu...]

I think I’m sabotaging myself with syringe measurements.

I have a 5ml syringe and a 1ml syringe.  My current dose is .42ml.  I draw up to 4 on the 5ml syringe plus 2 lines.  Is that .42ml?  There are 4 lines/marks between the 4ml and 5ml so a full syringe would be 5ml?  I want to decrease my dose to .417ml.  Would I draw up 4ml on the 5ml syringe then a full 1 ml syringe plus another 0.7?  That seems like more than .42!

I really suck at this! I tapered way too fast and I’m trying to get back on track with a slower taper.  I’m not looking to accidentally up-dose! 

Thanks!!

You’re the best!!

Also posted on Support During Taper.  Covering bases.

💜

@builder or anyone else that’s not an idiot like me with syringes!

I think I’m sabotaging myself with syringe measurements.

I have a 5ml syringe and a 1ml syringe.  My current dose is .42ml.  I draw up to 4 on the 5ml syringe plus 2 lines.  Is that .42ml?  There are 4 lines/marks between the 4ml and 5ml so a full syringe would be 5ml? I want to decrease my dose to .417ml. Would I draw up 4ml on the 5ml syringe then a full 1 ml syringe plus another 0.7?  That seems like more than .42!

I really suck at this! I tapered way too fast and I’m trying to get back on track with a slower taper.  I’m not looking to accidentally up-dose! 

Thanks!!

You’re the best!!

Also posted on Support During Taper.  Covering bases.

💜

Do you really mean .417ml, or do you mean 4.17ml?

OK, your original post said you wanted a dose of .417 milliters  But apparently you want a dose of .417 milligrams  And if your using .1mg=1ml liquid, then that's 4.17 milliters of liquid.

Correct?

So that would be the 4 mark (4mls) on the 5 ml syringe + the 17 mark  (.17mls) on the 1 ml syringe

Okay!  That crossed my pea brain but I wasn't sure.

Yes..I want 4.17ml of liquid which is equal to a .417mg dose? Decimals aren’t my forte either.  :idiot:

Thank you @builder!

You are the best!  :)

Hi SeptGirl,

I was just typing you a reply but saw Builder had responded before I pushed send.  I did come up with the same explanation, but his reply is more concise and clear.  (Thanks Builder!)

Don't feel bad or get down on yourself, many of us get confused.  I'm also doing DLMT and math is not my forte.  I really have to think things through and double check to make sure I'm doing it right.  Once I get into a flow with the same daily reduction I find it is easier.

Best wishes for a successful taper,

Luey