Has anyone successfully worked on themselves during withdrawal?

[Th...]

Thank you for replying everyone! I can relax my body. The big problem for me is the concrete brain, rumination, negative thoughts, DPDR, chemically induced apathy, brain fog. You know all the good stuff 😋

Thank you for replying everyone! I can relax my body. The big problem for me is the concrete brain, rumination, negative thoughts, DPDR, chemically induced apathy, brain fog. You know all the good stuff 😋

Greek this drug and it's wd has changed me completely too. I'm nowhere to be found (the old me). I'm most of the time depressed and ruminating and with intrusive thoughts. As long as I sleep (which I didn't when I got here), I think Oh well at least I get a few hours break of this nightmare. I think we just have to focus on DOING what we have to do, because if we focus on how we FEEL, we're definitely at a loss here. I tell myself: today I worked this and this, I cooked this stew, my daughter read to me and she enjoyed talking to me. I faked being happy. I laughed. I didn't really feel it but I did it. Today I watered my plant, I remembered a lot of things in spite of the brain fog. I managed not to yell at the idiot cutting the line in the supermarket. Today I was a hero. I did all this in BWD and nobody noticed it.

How are you doing Greek? Any better?

this drug and it's wd has changed me completely too. I'm nowhere to be found (the old me). I'm most of the time depressed and ruminating and with intrusive thoughts. As long as I sleep (which I didn't when I got here), I think Oh well at least I get a few hours break of this nightmare. I think we just have to focus on DOING what we have to do, because if we focus on how we FEEL, we're definitely at a loss here. I tell myself: today I worked this and this, I cooked this stew, my daughter read to me and she enjoyed talking to me. I faked being happy. I laughed. I didn't really feel it but I did it. Today I watered my plant, I remembered a lot of things in spite of the brain fog. I managed not to yell at the idiot cutting the line in the supermarket. Today I was a hero. I did all this in BWD and nobody noticed it.

good for you val  :clap:

this drug and it's wd has changed me completely too. I'm nowhere to be found (the old me). I'm most of the time depressed and ruminating and with intrusive thoughts. As long as I sleep (which I didn't when I got here), I think Oh well at least I get a few hours break of this nightmare. I think we just have to focus on DOING what we have to do, because if we focus on how we FEEL, we're definitely at a loss here. I tell myself: today I worked this and this, I cooked this stew, my daughter read to me and she enjoyed talking to me. I faked being happy. I laughed. I didn't really feel it but I did it. Today I watered my plant, I remembered a lot of things in spite of the brain fog. I managed not to yell at the idiot cutting the line in the supermarket. Today I was a hero. I did all this in BWD and nobody noticed it.

good for you val  :clap:

Yay!!  :thumbsup:

Lane, I loved the Hu video. I'm going to try it.

Just to mention, I'd be interested in hearing whether you tried the HU Song, and whether you noticed any benefits from it.  Also, if you liked the HU video, perhaps you'll like the following HU story I posted on another forum:  :)

https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/i-have-this-hope-for-making-a-healing-center-for-me-cfs.62759/page-2#post-1022903

I've been trying and the only thing that has even come close to working for me is listening to Claire Weekes method of dealing with anxiety and chronic stress induced illnesses...she seems to have a different approach to it and instead of trying to find the root cause she focuses more on the acceptance of the symptoms and recognizing what causes them and where they're are coming from.

Greek, Pushing yourself to go to the mall when your CNS is crying out to be protected may not help as much as accepting that you have a brain injury that needs to heal...  be gentle with yourself as you say you felt like a 2 year old. With time and proper rest, you will heal! Are you close to jumping? Not sure if your taper has been update. 

Your question about what is really going on in windows... I have a theory but would like to know as well!

Leslie I am far from jumping. My symptoms were so terrifying that I had to add Remeron to help me stabilize. I was literally feeling like I was going insane. Google eyed pacing confused physically shaking. It was scary and I’m still on .875K. If I don’t expose myself then I’ll end up worse no? The Remeron makes me look less crazy. It’s helped with physical shakes. I was shaking like a crack addict. Now I go from chemical depression to chemical anxiety. I feel like my soul is being smothered by drugs. I tried some aminos etc. Homeopathic remedies helped a bit maybe 10%. I regret starting the Remeron but I was running out of time to try other supplements. My family was begging me to go on medication. Can’t they just put us in a coma for a couple of years so we don’t have to go through this suffering.

I can relate to so many things that have been said in this thread.  It feels like I wrote half of these comments. 

I don't really have anything to add.  All I can do is take each moment as it comes and hope to be past this someday.

Leslie I am far from jumping. My symptoms were so terrifying that I had to add Remeron to help me stabilize. I was literally feeling like I was going insane. Google eyed pacing confused physically shaking. It was scary and I’m still on .875K. If I don’t expose myself then I’ll end up worse no? The Remeron makes me look less crazy. It’s helped with physical shakes. I was shaking like a crack addict. Now I go from chemical depression to chemical anxiety. I feel like my soul is being smothered by drugs. I tried some aminos etc. Homeopathic remedies helped a bit maybe 10%. I regret starting the Remeron but I was running out of time to try other supplements. My family was begging me to go on medication. Can’t they just put us in a coma for a couple of years so we don’t have to go through this suffering.

Greek are you doing better on the remeron? All those symptoms are plain withdrawal. I'm also jumping from anxiety to depression and back, every day, most of the day. Sometimes I suddenly get a bit of a respite. I can't call it a window because the fear is always there, but sometimes it can lessen a bit. Then it comes back with a vengeance. I do believe your symptoms are worse than mine, like I was before the updose and hold, and I do think it's all withdrawal.

I had rumination and DR before this but I was social, had interests, felt compassion, but always on the edge. I had to constantly work on myself to keep me from increasing symptoms. Now i feel there’s no way out.

I'm doing CBT and it's going pretty well, I've also enrolled in a yoga teacher training program and im half way through. Didn't know if I could handle it but it's going great.  Doing yoga really helped me through some of my worst times and I just kind of decided to dive into it.

I'm doing CBT and it's going pretty well, I've also enrolled in a yoga teacher training program and im half way through. Didn't know if I could handle it but it's going great.  Doing yoga really helped me through some of my worst times and I just kind of decided to dive into it.

yoga, low carb, no sugar!! preach!

me too, except lately i get natural sugars from fruit, whole or dried but not too much pure juice cause of the amount of fructose. that's tremendous that you're going to teach others yoga! you're gonna share the healing that's worked so well for you...i'm amazed at people who choose teaching paths. especially after so much suffering, good for you  :thumbsup: