Anyone wish they weren't here anymore ?

[le...]

I’m afraid because I’ve had bad reactions in the past and I know once you get on that train to pillville there’s no coming off. I took SSRI which landed me on a benzo which might lead me to antipsychotic and so on. I’ll take the damn thing if it makes me feel normal but what if I walk around like a zombie. I can’t take that feeling at all. That’s why I got off my day dosing of K. I’m so difficult when it comes that I had a really bad leg injury last fall and the prescribed some opioids  1000mg a day. I took them twice and that was it.

I feel the same made appt with doctor for end Sept if still bad might try low dose anti depressant. Some people seem take year to improve not sure I can take another 5 months. Must be more difficult for you if you've had bad reaction to them. No easy answer doesn't help when we don't know how long recovery will be. If you have good doctor worth discussing it with them. Mine is rubbish so seeing different one.

I feel the same made appt with doctor for end Sept if still bad might try low dose anti depressant. Some people seem take year to improve not sure I can take another 5 months. Must be more difficult for you if you've had bad reaction to them. No easy answer doesn't help when we don't know how long recovery will be. If you have good doctor worth discussing it with them. Mine is rubbish so seeing different one.

this is just my opinion but I personally feel that there are no pills that can fix what pills have done to us. I understand that we are desperate for relief because I have been there myself and every pill that my clueless doctor threw at me just made me worse. We need to let our brains 🧠 just heal on their own without chemicals to disrupt the recovery process. Anti depressants have terrible withdrawals of their own.

I do feel for you with no partner to help must be tough. Does help that others feel like this. I've just had a one of session with therapist I've seen in the past, she's not against people taking anti depressants to help OCD symptoms. So I'll see how it goes maybe review things at 9 months. Very difficult when no professionals you can go to. Hoping this is just a bad wave.

It is so difficult to find benzo-wise therapists... I received some counseling last / earlier this year and while she was very helpful, she could only sympathize with my situation.

I'm considering contacting one of the benzo-wise therapists I've heard of here, Baylissa Frederick https://baylissa.com/ and Jennifer Leigh https://benzowithdrawalhelp.com/ . Maybe they could be helpful to you, too.

So I went to my psychiatrist today and he told me he wouldn’t support my taper. Said to go cold turkey. But doctor I said, I’ll go nuts, seizure etc. He said it’s all bullshit! Had to go to my GP to get prescription. He basically called me an addict! I told him I hate myself for going on these drugs and he said just quit! He said it was his way (dose 3 times a day to lower anxiety down in order to sneak in SSRI or off you go.

That is awful. My GP retired saw different one said as I only took 1/4 of tablet just placebo effect would have no problem stopping. Nearly wrote a letter of complaint. Saw another one after few months sent. Me to a group for alcoholics and drug addicts trying to stop. No one seems to acknowledge that all this is drug withdrawal. Everyone on here seems to keep saying don't take anything else just takes time but really don't know how much longer can go on feeling like this. I do feel for you, we have been abandoned by the NHS

Hi The Greek how are you doing, going cold turkey seems bad idea. Went to hairdresser today she was on anti depressants for several years just quit no problems so even more uncertain what to do. Did take hydroxyzine anti histamine today that really helped. But got it from private GP so can't afford any more. Hope you are doing bit better

I’ve hit tolerance withdrawal and I feel like I CT. My family wants me to go on med to stabilize. Today had extreme derealization followed by Dementia. How am I going to survive this? I basically did a cold turkey 2 months in and then reinstated then dropped from 2mg to 1mg then made couple more cuts. Now I hit tolerance withdrawal. My life as well as my families life is ruined.

What does hydroxizine do exactly for wd?

Tthinking taking of break from this site for few days maybe making me feel worse all people's suffering. Hope you find a solution soon.

I've decided to take low dose anti depressant for a few months. Others may not agree, but life is unbearable at moment and impacting on my husband as well. Have intrusive thoughts 24/7 never let up have got lot worse last 3 weeks. Can't leave the house as fear I may have harmed others. I really do wish I wasn't here these drugs destroyed my life. Do feel like a failure but at 7 months can'do do it anymore no windows at all, figure if eventually they let me get my life back worth trying. Think mental symptoms are the worst to deal with, as nothing stops them tried everything

Here is the tool that My wife  used on me and my daughters They walked  me and the dogs they took me outside and they walked me and walked me for miles if they could. Tell your  husband to walk around the block!

Here is the tool that My wife  used on me and my daughters They walked  me and the dogs they took me outside and they walked me and walked me for miles if they could. Tell your  husband to walk around the block!

Yep, worked for me too. When I was feeling really rough my wife took me for a walk. I’d say it improved the situation almost without fail.

Good solution, good idea. Some great posts... can’t find the one you posted to help me yesterday. Thanks bluepm :)