Morning Anxiety And Early Wake Up

[Se...]

Hello tapering buddies:

Ok.  In the order you posted:

Never Take,

Phosphatidylserine (PS), is a naturally occurring lipid (fat) that blocks the body’s release of cortisol from the adrenal glands.  It can come from soy beans or sunflower seeds. I do not THINK it matters, but some might be soy sensitive, so sunflower is safer.  If you wake up to anxiety, that is your nerves responding to cortisol.  Note: usually it is not really so much too much cortisol but that the cortisol leads to glutamate, and as benzo damaged people we have too many glutamate receptors.  You will know you are healing when you don't need the PS anymore and don’t have morning anxiety, although many otherwise healthy people still find it a helpful nighttime supplement.

Greekwarrior (cool name)

MCT does not increase cortisol. Most PS formulas include MCT because blocking cortisol leads to a sharper mind, and MCT is good "brain fuel" in healthy people.  It is the magic ingredient in "bulletproof" coffee, and occurs naturally in coconut oil.  In many benzo damaged people, it is simply too powerful a stimulant.  My wife is very healthy, but she cannot take MCT oil after noon.  Much like one would treat caffeine.

Valiumnomore,

You are craving cigs because cigs, not nicotine, but tobacco, speeds up the transport of glutamate away from your receptors.  That is what the worst cravings for cigs and alcohol are, your brains response to the perception of too much glutamate.  Note, you do not really have "too much glutamate," you have too many receptors making a little feel like a lot. You might notice when you eat certain foods that you feel worse. Those are usually high free glutamate foods like wheat, diary, thickening gums like guar and xanthan, even some healthy foods like spinach.  A few mothers of autistic children noticed that their child's symptoms improved dramatically when they took free glutamate out of their diet.  I am in survival mode during my hopefully last taper, and I cannot eat ANY grains, even rice. 

I THINK I may have been headed south whether I quit cigs or not because I have not had a cig in years, and I am still screwed.  But yeah, it is a good idea to stay away from the cigs.  They can slow healing via glutamate transport.  Again, I am a VERY rare case.  Most people can heal if they are smokers.  But if you are quit, stay quit.  The craving is just the glutamate talking to you.  If I could do it all over again, I would have chosen niacin and niacinamide to help with excess glutamate perception instead of reinstating on Valium, but that is another topic for another day.

Hopefore/kimmie

As for trying new things, it is always a good idea to check things out.  I will give you two cautions, first, as you found out, somethings don’t work the way research says they should.  Second, benzobuddies is very explicit in their “do not post in a prescriptive manner” policy.  As such, I always make sure to say things like this “worked for me and others,” or “if I were you I might consider. . .“  etc.  That said, I am also tired of “pussy footing” around.  I tapered off in 2012, made mistakes for sure, but never got well.  I only got sicker for 3 ½ years.  This will not happen to you.  It happens to about 1 in 250 long-term users.  Most of you will be well 6 months after your taper, and the rest of you within a year.

So things got REALLY bad 3 ½ years ago and I reinstated. In those 3 ½ years I have just gotten sicker, so I am getting off again.  But in those 3 ½ years, I have studied neurology like my life depends on it, because basically it does.  As I said, I am not a doctor, but I am an MIT trained and degreed engineer.  I can learn and understand things that normal people can’t.  For example, you listed all of the things you take in the morning:

D-ribose is a sugar

MCT is a type of fat, as is salmon oil, and PS

NAC, N-acetylcysteine is a glutathione precursor, which also in theory sucks up glutamate, (although I did not do well with it.  Not sure why.)

Yet you said you can’t wait to “get those aminos.”

The only amino you are getting is the little bit of theanine in your green tea.

My point is, you can trust me, at least regarding science.  I cannot tell you what something will do for YOU.  We are too damaged and unpredictable for that.  What I can tell you is what something truly is, and what it SHOULD do in a healthy person, and maybe what it has done for me and/or a few other buddies.

I have been a bit careless with “certainty” in the past.  I swear to all of you (and the moderators) I am much more careful now. 

I am leading a charge in protracted, so just in case you find yourself at month 18 off and still not well, I am doing my best to make that a condition of the past.  No more “3-10 year healers.” It simply stands to reason that if there was a way that our nerves could be changed for the worse by taking benzos, if they do not change back on their own, there should be a way to coax them back to “neurotypical.”

In closing: Taper.  Eat well.  Stay distracted.  90% of you will heal in less than a year.  If you are unlucky, by the time you are 18 months off, we in protracted will have at least a handful of things you will be able to try to coax those pesky receptors back to where they need to be.

Hope that helped.

Ramcon1

Your personal neuroscientist, reminding you to hang in there, and if you are going thru hell, keep going!

... I hate this morning anxiety. It's independent of whether I'm at work or not. It has a mind of it's own. I notice that when it is highest, so is my pulse. I don't know which is causing which though.

Anyway, I completely empathize. I wish I could just feel like I do from about 7:00 pm until I fall asleep all the time. Things would be, I think, much easier.

Ramcon1,

Terrible what happened to you!  I'm glad to see you are doing more Research with which you can help others with any information you learn.  I watched all of Professor Ashton's Videos and I remember a professional like you speaking to her regarding how he was off for 5 Years and still having problems.  She did not know how to answer him except to tell him it may just take more time for his brain to heal.  Suggested whole foods diet and proper sleep as much as possible for more healing.  Knowing how informed you are, I believe you will soon see results and healing.  I know you will succeed and heal.

Let me answer about Dribose.

This does NOT give you insulin problems.  I've been taking it (so does my hubby) for years and have regular blood tests drawn.  Even blood tests via Naturalpathic doctors.  My numbers always come out well.  My Insulin is average to below average.  If you do the research, (WHICH I ALWAYS RECOMMEND) you will find out what it really does.  Strengthens the heart, heart valves, heals the brain. Raises ATP which the benzo brain needs (Desperately) to heal. ...especially when we are tapering off Benzos. 

You can check this out if you wish or not.

This is just one of the many studies and research on Dribose which my Cardiologist recommended to me years ago.

5 Emerging Benefits of D-Ribose

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/d-ribose

But again, DO PROPER RESEARCH.  Opinions mean nothing and what works for others may not work for us. Like the fact that I cannot tolerate Gycine.  Doesn't make sense but I kept experimenting to see what I could take that would help me and what I am doing now is helping me thus far.  Having a Great Window today.  Love the Windows.

When I want to try something, I do the finger dips ...I'll open a capsule and dip my finger in it and see how I react for 24 hours first.  Then if okay, I try 2 finger dips.  Etc, etc. 

As far as Phosphatidylserine (PS SHARP) Sun Lecithin.......it takes up to a MONTH or Two before you feel a difference.  I had forgotten to tell you all that.  IF you do the Research in this, you'll find that info about this.  But it's worth the wait.  I will tell you how it helped me, I had this horrible inner trembling and when I took it, I felt CALM for the first time in over a year and that was the first time I took it.  When I take it in the morning, it calms me within half hour to an hour.  I also take NAC with it (Which is an AMINO ACID) and doctors have been using it for people for decades in hospitals and psychiatrists are using it to heal the brain!! 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3044191/

But once again, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH, Read everything yourself BEFORE you try anything or listen to ANYONE including ME. 

Hope this helps. 

Wishing each one of you the very best.  We will get through this and finish the race and we will be better in the end than we were at the beginning.  I believe it. 

Hugs to you all.

Hopefor,

I am doing my best.  Science has learned a boatload since Ashton, and we are not going to give up without a fight.

I am not a "victim."  I take full responsibility for what I did.  I should have known better. I cannot change the past.  I will work hard on the future.

It took you months to feel the benefits of PS?  Wow. I felt better the first night, and I know the next morning if I do not take it at night, it works that well FOR ME.  That is why I recommend it so highly.

It sound like you are on a path, and I won't dissuade you from it.  Do what works for you.  I will only promise never to give you any misinformation.

D-ribose is a sugar.  I am not a "fan" not that I think there is anything at all wrong with it, I just do not think it does what they claim it does.  It certainly will not lead to diabetes, and I am sorry if you interpreted it that way.  I just meant that it was not an amino.  But if it makes you feel better, who am I to tell you it doesn't?

Technically NAC is not an amino.  Cysteine is an amino, but N-acetyl, means it has been acetylated in a "normal" way (carbons form an unbranched, linear chain), but I should have been so "picky."  The acetylation makes the cysteine more "usable," so it is delivering an amino.  I was not "wrong," but I was coming out of a wave and thought it would be a good idea to be a jerk to make a point and earn your trust.  That was just my own "bad brain chemistry."

I AM a fan of NAC, and I look forward to the day I can take it again.

Even though I can be a jerk (sorry) if you ever look something up and are confused by it, that is where I can be helpful.  Ask me anything you want, PM or post, and I will give it my best shot.

Take care and be well,

Ramcon1

Your personal neuroscientist, reminding you to hang in there, and if you are going thru hell, keep going!

(YPN,RYTHIT,AIYAGTH,KG!)  :laugh:

Thanks much Ramcon1,

I've enjoyed all your posts and info.  Great Stuff! 

Yes, you are right about the Acetyl part.  But I'm thrilled it works.  So glad PS worked fast for you.  I don't know why it took a while for me but it's working great now.  And best part is it helps our brains and nerves against the oxidative stress.

You were not a Jerk and geesh, we all have those Benzo Wave days and we all understand totally.    And I TOO can Kick myself for being so stupid to take this garbage.  You know, I was on it before when we had trauma (several deaths in family and me in a car accident with severe damage).  I got off it by myself in like two months.  So I thought it was easy and took it again.  Not EASY NOW! UGH!  How stupid I was.  But I am determined not to live in the world of Regret.  Yes, I regret, but I won't go there any longer.  I cannot change my mistakes ...now I just have to move forward.  And WE WILL HEAL ...actually we ARE healing, it just takes time.

We so appreciate all your research and sharing all your knowledge about all these supplements.  You are a Treasure Trove to us here on BB. 

Keep up the good work.  Makes me feel good that someone else has tried this stuff and found it helpful. 

You Will heal completely and I'll say it again, you are healing right now as we speak, just takes time as I am positive you already know.  You are a smart person.

Hugs.

Kimmie