Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Alprazolam liquid titration

[Ho...]

Hello everyone,

I'm on 0.25 mg x 3 Xanax (9h, 15h, 21h) daily, I would like to start doing liquid titration but I don't know exactly how to start and what supplies I need. Any advice?

Note: I can not substitute for diazepam as I'm taking fluvoxamine which is contraindicated.

Thanks for your recommendations and support,

Hello everyone,

I'm on 0.25 mg x 3 Xanax (9h, 15h, 21h) daily, I would like to start doing liquid titration but I don't know exactly how to start and what supplies I need. Any advice?

Note: I can not substitute for diazepam as I'm taking fluvoxamine which is contraindicated.

Thanks for your recommendations and support,

You will need a 1ml and  10ml oral syringe (available from Amazon, or most major pharmacies) and simple glass jar with a lid for mixing or storage.

You ativan can be dissolved with a tiny amount of vodka (alcohol) or propylene glycol.  Then it can be conveniently diluted with water to a .1mg=1ml concentration.  You can NOT dissolve it in plain water; you must start with a solvent.*

It's convenient to make a 10-14 day supply.  So at your current dose, (.75mg)...

combine 10mgs ativan + 20ml vodka or PG + 80mls water.  That will be approx 14 days of .1mg=1ml solution.  Store in a covered jar at room temp.

I'll show you a plan for a 5%/14 day taper.  You can follow that format/formula to create a different plan, if you choose.

.75mg X 5% = .0375mg

.0375mg / 14 days = .0027mg/day  Round up to .003mg/day reduction

Your schedule would be:

.75mg                  7.5ml

.747mg                7.47ml

.744mg                7.44ml

.741mg                7.41ml

etc...

Just lower your dose by .03ml (.003mg) each day.

The easiest way to take multiple daily doses is pull up the full day's dose, put it in a standard measuring cup, fill the cup to 1 full cup with more water, then just drink 1/3 cup for each dose.

* If you have a cooperative doc, there is an  Rx liquid ativan which would be even easier.