Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Storing your liquid....Heat?

[Wo...]

So I usually just keep my medicine at room temp. Sometimes when I’m bringing with me I have to leave in the car where it’s 90 degrees outside . It’s never all that long... but wondering if this would ruin the medicine? I sometimes try to keep it cool with a little ice pack but can’t always do that when I’m lugging it around

This study looks at the storage of  a few benzos in EMT vehicles. The conclusions indicate that the potency decreases over time with the highest degradation with lorazapam (max time tested = 120 days).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4272820/

This study does not include pill form or homemade liquid, and it is not specific to a few hours or a day in a car. Still, pharmacy data indicates that benzos should be stored at room temp, and this study does indicate that heat has an impact.

I keep my liquid Xanax in an insulated travel cup if I'm driving or will be stopping with my med sitting in the Jeep.

I use this cup.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MV7PFBH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It is inexpensive and works well. Some buyers indicate issues with the slide on the lid per reviews. I've had no issues. I keep mine in the console holder. It is much bigger than what I'd need for benzo juice, but I already had the cup.

Shoot. Yeah it was in the car for about 4 hours . At first I had an ice pack but when I came back the ice pack was already melted. But it’s only been one time. Hope I don’t need to toss it

The loss of potency was gradual. I don't think a small batch is going to be a big deal. I'd just try to keep it at moderate temps or have some way of keeping it cooled down in a vehicle.

Room temp is best.

But benzos are extremely stable, long-lived compounds.  There is very little degradation over time, even under harsh conditions.

Thanks. I will continue to use the solution then. I have been most the week so i only have a few days left. Also I have a better screw top glass container which I believe holds better than my Tupperware. The Tupperware appears to leak or something. There’s always small bits in the ziplock I place it in. I think it’s pretty obvious I can transfer my solution to the glass container .. just checking i guess . I’m sure a lot of the fillers may stick to the older container which may be good.

Thanks again for everyone’s help 

There’s also moisture on the top of the container? That doesn’t mean it’s evaporating or anything like that does it? This is even in my house. Going to transfer liquid into my new vial if that’s not an issue.

There’s also moisture on the top of the container? That doesn’t mean it’s evaporating or anything like that does it? This is even in my house. Going to transfer liquid into my new vial if that’s not an issue.

No, transferring the liquid is not an issue.

This is not on the main topic, but it may help. If the Tupperware lids are letting liquid get out, the company will replace the lids. I had the issue with child sippie cup lids. It would need to be the actual Tupperware brand (although other brands may have the same kind of guarantee). They are expensive, so it makes sense to get lids that hold tight when that is an option.

Any closed container containing water will develop condensate on the part of the container not touching the solution. The glass jars I store my solution in do this too.

Any closed container containing water will develop condensate on the part of the container not touching the solution. 

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thank you all! And no issues going from one vial to another correct? I’m getting low on my main one and I had the second batch made . I’m going to transfer to my glass one with the screw top to help it from spilling .