Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Stevie Nicks Talks Klonopin

[St...]

I ran into this interview of Stevie Nicks while I was watching other Stevie music videos, in this interview she briefly discusses her detox form Klonopin. At one point she mentions she "molted", that's the first I've heard someone use that term as the same thing happened to me  :o  Did anyone else 'molt'?

Yes, I molted on my hands and parts of my arms and face and everything else she mentioned, on the effects on Klonopin.

I'm sure you will receive more responses from others on that.

Never seen that interview before.

Thank's Star :)

Yes I have to.  On my hands, face and knees.  i sure hope it goes away.  I have lost alot of my muscle tone.  I sure hope it comes back.  Linder

[f9...]

It does go away, Stevie Nicks is now healed and healthy, and has been for years.

The molted part, I understand.. when I was tapering Klonopin, I had it, but Stevie detoxed, she didn't taper.. so keep that in mind. Another thing is.. at that time she wasn't informed about Klonopin and what it does in the long run to some ppl.. it was prescribed after her cocaine addiction. Today you couldn't even tell she was ever on a Benzo, and she was up in mg too.. she stated she bumped her head, and didn't even feel it, she was so numb.

Keryn.

Linder is correct...I believe her detox was a little over six weeks from what I remember.

Nearly everything I have read said it took her nearly two years to fully recover. I believe she spent a good chunk of that time with a relative, perhaps her brother, but I am not 100 percent sure. I remember her saying it stole a decade of her life. I believe that was 8 years on the med, and two to recover.

I think it is pretty rare for anyone that has been on these meds for years to fully recover in 47 days.

TC

that is a really high dose!  i thought 2mg per day was high.  so what is that, like 100 mg of valium a day to equal 8 mg of klonopin!  is that right?

i think i molted too.  and have transformed on all levels.  all the transformation part is good though and maybe it would not have happened had i not gone through this.  i am still going through it too.  it will be interesting to see how it all shakes out, so to speak....  for ALL of us

[f9...]

she wasn't recovered in 47 days after detox, she didn't walk out happy or healthy, she said it took 2 years for her to feel better, she lived with her brother 2 years, and she then recovered, after her first year off, she did a concert, but said she was still sick.

today she's healthy and normal, and is out and about. I don't know anyone who detoxes 8mg of klonopin plus 20mg of prozac which she was on, and completely healed in 47 days. I wish though.

k.

I'm wondering though, what makes our skin just peal off like that?? Could it be the acidity in our system after being withdrawn from the drug?

Yeah, my muscles flinched and twitched and I've lost muscle mass too, but I've been using weights in hopes to regain that muscle mass back.

What this drug does to our bodies is nuts!

Where is a reference that she took 8 mg K? I haven't been able to find that...

She's doing a concert soon near where I live, I wish I could go  :'(

[f9...]

I'm wondering though, what makes our skin just peal off like that?? Could it be the acidity in our system after being withdrawn from the drug?

Yeah, my muscles flinched and twitched and I've lost muscle mass too, but I've been using weights in hopes to regain that muscle mass back.

What this drug does to our bodies is nuts!

Where is a reference that she took 8 mg K? I haven't been able to find that...

She's doing a concert soon near where I live, I wish I could go  :'(

I'm not sure if it was 8 or 12, it's in a Article I read, she took 2 in the morning, 2 in the evening, 2 at night. I don't think she recalls the mg, but the sound of 2mg 2mg 2mg sounds like it was a high dose, the probability of it being a high dose is likely, because she was on it 8 years to boot.

Keryn.

Your right Keryn, she took 2 in the morning and 2 afternoon and then evening.  Can't find where i read 8mg but it was somewhere.  lol  linder

8mg of Klonopin is thought to be far more than 100mg of Valium equivalent...Ashton would put it at 160mgs of Valium equivalent.

I have read the same article you guys are talking about where she said her daily dose was 8mg of K.

The 2 year time from is right on too, from what I remember.

TC

• 4 weeks later...