Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Starting water taper

[Kt...]

Hi everyone

I’ve started on a water taper of Zolpidem/Ambien - which I know is unusual! But I have small white round pills and they seem to work well to disintegrate and form an even suspension once shaken, even if they don’t strictly dissolve.

I started out with 5mg pill to 100ml water, and extracting and throwing away 4.5ml of the solution, to represent the dry cut I’ve been making before I started the water taper. That all worked fine, but as soon as I tried to increase the amount extracted by 0.05ml I’ve been getting withdrawal symptoms.

My question is, is the amount I’ve jumped to too much? (0.05ml when the solution is 5mg to 100ml)

Maybe I should dissolve the tablet in 200ml instead, and then extract the 0.05ml?...

Many thanks for any advice you might have!...

Katie

Because Xanax is not water soluble it is more than likely the water solution. If you don't want to use alcohol or PG try adding a tiny amount of Xanathan gum. Xanathan gum will form a uniform suspension.

Xanthan Gum

Xanthan gum may be incorporated at a concentration of 0.05 to 0.5 % w/w depending on the particular API :

Antacid suspension : Xanthan concentration is 0.08 to 0.12 % w/w.

ibuprofen and acetaminophen suspension : Xanthan concentration is 0.1 to 0.3 % w/w.

List of Suspension agents

Thanks so much. So the suspension is not even? I don’t mind adding alcohol. That’s easier to get hold of so I might try that first...

Thanks again

Ps the reason I was wondering whether I had cut by too much  is that I actually felt fine for three nights using water method, as long as I kept the dose stable... It was only when I tried reducing by 0.05 more that I got withdrawal...