Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Compounded Liquid Xanax. Please help with math. Thank you!

[Po...]

Hello!

I am currently at 1.625mg of xanax that I have been titrating down by single doses using compounded liquid.  I have tried creating my own solution so I can DLMT all the doses at the same time but I find it very confusing making my own master mix.  I still want to DLMT but I want to use a compounded liquid.  I can have it made in any strength I need but each bottle only allows for 30 1ml pulls per month.  So i can't do a .1 solution since my dose is so high.

If I had it compounded at 1.5mg=1ml could I just pull my daily dose out (minus any reductions), mix it with 1 cup of water and take 4 doses per day.  Does that work or is there an easier way?

Also how would I figure out the reductions? I am currently reducing .0125 (sometimes .025) each day and that is working for me. I am afraid I wouldn't be able to get the tiny reductions I need using the 1ml syringe.  Plus if the solution is 1.5mg/ml how do i even measure the proper reduction.

Can someone please help me figure this out.  Thank you so much!

PowerPearl

Hello!

I am currently at 1.625mg of xanax that I have been titrating down by single doses using compounded liquid.  I have tried creating my own solution so I can DLMT all the doses at the same time but I find it very confusing making my own master mix.  I still want to DLMT but I want to use a compounded liquid.  I can have it made in any strength I need but each bottle only allows for 30 1ml pulls per month. So i can't do a .1 solution since my dose is so high.

If I had it compounded at 1.5mg=1ml could I just pull my daily dose out (minus any reductions), mix it with 1 cup of water and take 4 doses per day.  Does that work or is there an easier way?

Also how would I figure out the reductions? I am currently reducing .0125 (sometimes .025) each day and that is working for me. I am afraid I wouldn't be able to get the tiny reductions I need using the 1ml syringe.  Plus if the solution is 1.5mg/ml how do i even measure the proper reduction.

Can someone please help me figure this out.  Thank you so much!

PowerPearl

So...

1.5mg per ml X 30ml = 45mgs.

If you combine the 30mls compounded liquid with 420 mls water, then you have450mls of  diluted solution, .1mg=1ml

Then you can follow the procedures and schedules I done for you already.

Thank you Builder for your reply. I am having a hard time understanding the math. Could you tell me how to make 1 days dose and maybe it will make more sense. The pharmacist also told me not to make more than 1 or 2 days at a time.

Thank you again for your time.

Thank you Builder for your reply. I am having a hard time understanding the math. Could you tell me how to make 1 days dose and maybe it will make more sense. The pharmacist also told me not to make more than 1 or 2 days at a time.

Thank you again for your time.

If you have 1,5mg=1ml liquid, then "1 day's dose" (1.625mg) would be 1.08ml.

If you just follow my suggestion and dilute to a .1mg=1ml, there really  is no math.  You just move the decimal. 

Dilution is really what makes a daily microtaper work.  It allows you to measure out much smaller dose changes than would otherwise be possible. By making a .1mg=1ml solution, 1) you can easily measure out decrements as small as .01mg (actually, even .001) and 2) dilution minimizes measurement error.

So After I pull my 1.08 ml dose how much water do I use to dilute it .1mg/1ml ratio?

You dilute it before you pull it.  That's why it makes it easy to calculate and measure out your doses/cuts.  It's what eliminates the math.

What you're trying to do really IS complicated, and would be very difficult.

Can you tell me why  you had difficulty making a .1mg=1ml vodka/water solution, as I originally suggested?

So If YOU think it’s complicated it really must be. I’ll find another way.

I have trouble making the solution because I feel like I’m going to mess it up and throw myself into terrible side effects. So I guess I’m just scared.

I also don’t understand the math.

I also am afraid I’ll mess up all my pills and I won’t have any to take.

I’ll go back through some of other communications and see if I can figure it out.

So If YOU think it’s complicated it really must be. I’ll find another way.

I have trouble making the solution because I feel like I’m going to mess it up and throw myself into terrible side effects. So I guess I’m just scared.

I also don’t understand the math.

I also am afraid I’ll mess up all my pills and I won’t have any to take.

I’ll go back through some of other communications and see if I can figure it out.

You've gotten yourself psyched out!  You've convinced yourself that this very simple procedure, is a lot more complicated than it really is.  And there really is NO MATH.  Can you subtract whole numbers?  That's the most complicated "math".

What size tablets do you have?  I will give you a set of simple detailed instructions.  You really don't even need to understand them, just follow them.

I have psyched myself out. So I am titrating down to 1.5mg and will be there in a few days so please use the example from 1.5mg

I have 1mg pills and .25mg pills and I can def subtract whole numbers :)

Thank you!!

I have psyched myself out. So I am titrating down to 1.5mg and will be there in a few days so please use the example from 1.5mg

I have 1mg pills and .25mg pills and I can def subtract whole numbers :)

Thank you!!

OK...

You will need a basic glass jar with a lid (10-12 ozs will be about right, but that isn't terribly important), and a 1ml and a 10ml oral syringe (readily available from Amazon, or from many pharmacies)

I usually recommend a 10-14 day batch, but since your nervous, here's instructions for about 1 week:

Put 10 X 1mg tablets (10mgs) in the jar and add 20ml 80 proof (or higher) vodka.  Once the tablets break down, add 80mls water.  That will give you 100mls of liquid ativan, .1mg=1ml.

From 1.5mgs to taper 5%/14 days...

1.5 X 5%  = .075mg

.075mg/14 days = .005mg/day reduction (rounded down)

So you will lower your dose by .005mg (.05ml) each day.  You just subtract .05ml from the previous day's dose to get the new dose amount.

1.5mg                15ml

1.495mg            14.95ml

1.490mg            14.9ml

1.485mg            14.85ml

etc...

The liquid dose (in milliliters)  will be 10X the number in milligrams.  Just multiple X 10 (move the decimal one place to the right)

The dose each day will be .05mls less than the previous day.  Just subtract .05ml from yesterdays dose to figure todays dose.

If you want to take 4 divided doses each day, put the full days dose in a standard measuring cup, top that up 1 full cup, then drink 1/4 cup for each dose.

It really is very simple.  Don't let yourself get all worked up over it.

Builder!  One more question does 14.95mls go like this?

1 pull to 10 on the 10 ml syringe

1 pull to 4 on the 10 ml syringe

1 pull to .95 on the 1 ml syringe

Thanks!

Builder!  One more question does 14.95mls go like this?

1 pull to 10 on the 10 ml syringe

1 pull to 4 on the 10 ml syringe

1 pull to .95 on the 1 ml syringe

Thanks!

That's correct.

And while accuracy and precision are really NOT important, adding a few drop of food coloring to your solution can make it easier to read the syringes.

Builder. If I want to taper faster say 10% every 14 days would I pull .1ml less each day?  Also is that considered fast? I am currently taking .0125 (sometimes .025) less each day and it seems fine. Obviously I’ll have to go slower when I get lower in my dosage.

Thanks

Builder. 1) If I want to taper faster say 10% every 14 days would I pull .1ml less each day?

2) Also is that considered fast? I am currently taking .0125 (sometimes .025) less each day and it seems fine.

3) Obviously I’ll have to go slower when I get lower in my dosage.

Thanks

1)  To go to 10%/14 days, you will decrease your dose .1ml per day, instead of .05ml per day.  That means you will be drinking less each day.

2)  All that matters is how your taper is going.  If you are doing well at .05/day reduction, and want to try .1/day reduction, do it.  There really is no risk in trying a faster taper.  If you feel sxs emerging, just go back to the previous rate.

3)  Once you find a taper rate that works best for you, you should try to maintain that same percentage rate. That means as your dose declines, you will probably have to lower the absolute (milligram) cut rate.