Important Survey - Please Participate ×

HELP!! with Clonazepam titration

[Ta...]

I am titrating Clonazepam but for a gradual taper (I had started tapering by just dropping a 1/4 of a tablet which was hellish but my doctor didnt know better untili fond BB's)Anyway  I just started but the effects of even the first decrease which from taking .5mg to .49 id ridiculous I can no longer get to sleep or sleep properly and I wake up worse than ever. I wondered if my tablets were out of date but the seem ok. So I have some questions.

I am using gin as the liquid I was hoping to use this till runs out so several days. Does the liquis need to be out iof the light or refrigerated??

I shake up the liquid before taking out what I need.

All help appreciated

I am titrating Clonazepam but for a gradual taper (I had started tapering by just dropping a 1/4 of a tablet which was hellish but my doctor didnt know better untili fond BB's)Anyway  I just started but the effects of even the first decrease which from taking .5mg to .49 id ridiculous I can no longer get to sleep or sleep properly and I wake up worse than ever. I wondered if my tablets were out of date but the seem ok. So I have some questions.

I am using gin as the liquid I was hoping to use this till runs out so several days. Does the liquis need to be out iof the light or refrigerated??

I shake up the liquid before taking out what I need.

All help appreciated

Use a ratio of 1mgK + 2ml gin* (or vodka) + 8ml water.  This gives you a .1mg=1ml solution.

Store at room temp,  Once the K is dissolved, it really doesn't need to be stirred or agitaged (but it doesn't hurt).

*  must be 80 proof, or higher.

Thanks I am using 10 tabs to 50ml no water wouldn't want to ruin the gin :-) , this was a suggested mix I and it seems ok I, so I guess it doesnt really have an expiry other than the original tablets expiry. So the negative effects I am getting then from this slow taper I will just have to live with or maybe reduce the size of the taper dose.

Thanks for the help its appreciated. Incredible how even decreasing such a small amount has such big effects.

Cheers