Important Survey - Please Participate ×

How long should you soak your tablet in alcohol?

[Re...]

I've heard some people say that they soak their medication tablets in alcohol overnight to let it dissolve .... Is this necessary? How long does it take for a tablet to fully dissolve?

I noticed that when I crushed a pill and covered it with a bit of vodka, I could still see white particles and sediment. I didn't drink it and much later, the liquid is now completely clear. So maybe there's something to letting it sit for a while???

If the pill is soluble in alcohol, then it takes seconds.

The residue you see is pill filler. You can't see the actual medication (or not mine - Xanax).

I measure and mix in just a very few minutes total.

If the pill is soluble in alcohol, then it takes seconds.

The residue you see is pill filler. You can't see the actual medication (or not mine - Xanax).

I measure and mix in just a very few minutes total.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Only a tiny percentage of your tablet is actually benzo  (less than 1%)  Some of the other 99% will be insoluble, and that's what you see.  Don't worry about it, it doesn't matter.

• 4 weeks later...

I've heard some people say that they soak their medication tablets in alcohol overnight to let it dissolve .... Is this necessary? How long does it take for a tablet to fully dissolve?

I noticed that when I crushed a pill and covered it with a bit of vodka, I could still see white particles and sediment. I didn't drink it and much later, the liquid is now completely clear. So maybe there's something to letting it sit for a while???

I have been using 0.5 ml of alcohol with each 0.5 mg Clonazepam. I also add a little water and my pill dissolves in about 10-minutes.  There are tiny particles in it but as Builder has stated... it makes no difference.  I've never had an issue with the tiny bit of alcohol that I use and this withdrawal system is great.  I'm almost 3/4 of the way done with my taper!  :smitten::thumbsup: