Horrible Seroquel Withdrawals - Desperately need advice.

[Ti...]

Yes, glad I did so. 

However all of the stress from that has made me feel worse...  been in bed all day...  :-\

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ti...]

• [Fo...]

• [ba...]

• [Be...]

Oh dear@))) Tinks

Yes bed is the only default occasionally! I have had a spectacularly bad few days after a shoulder  steroid injection with unusually increased pain.  I am going through those sleepless “what if “ nights after bereavement. 

But the CNS symptoms are noise and light intolerance, the inability to make small talk or watch the news.  Three weeks off Seroquel so perhaps a touch of that. I feel no comfort in company at the moment. 

Can’t take the AP again for grief, it didn’t work.

Oh well.

Chin up my friends.

Dickie

Oh no, I am so sorry Dick.  I hope it gets better for you soon.  *Hugs*

I am going through similar right now.  I was doing fine other than the no sleeps for days, until I tried to reinstate after 15 days last Saturday and the doctor upset.... 

Now I'm out of it.  Pain in my extremities, clenching my teeth, brain fog, depression, weakness, sound sensitive, difficult time talking to people, but want to talk to people..... crying a lot....  this stinks.

I don't know if I should try and detox this stuff out of my system to help speed up the withdrawals and get it all out of my system quicker, or just let it naturally works it's way out.  To brain fogged to problem solve really, ugh.

Hang in there, it's got to get better right?

Regards,

Tink

Hi Tinks

We have to just hope for better days.

In full blown withdrawal with the chucking up, vertigo and trots.  Hot n cold., tinnitus and intrusive thoughts. Bp gone bonkers.

Have friend able to stay the day thankfully.

Purple Heart, I hope you having better few days.

Best w to all struggling today

Dick.

Bird man I could hug  you. And Estee.

You post is a mirror image of my issues. Off Seroquel but poor sleep and early morning intrusive suicidal thoughts NOT plans. The remeron gives me about 4-5 hours sleep at 15 mg.

Tink and I are in Seroquel WD big time and AP Tink means antipsychotic.

I add phenergan every third night.

Greatly helpful thread, even in anguish we can support each other.

Dick

Seroquel must be avoided unless  manic or psychotic imho.  Not a good antidepressant it just flattens you!

I'll take a hug for sure :hug:

Hi Tinks

We have to just hope for better days.

In full blown withdrawal with the chucking up, vertigo and trots.  Hot n cold., tinnitus and intrusive thoughts. Bp gone bonkers.

Have friend able to stay the day thankfully.

Purple Heart, I hope you having better few days.

Best w to all struggling today

Dick.

Hi Dick,

We certainly do.

Ugh, so so sorry.  Glad that you have a friend to stay the day. 

I've been stuck in the house for 4 days now......  I'm having horrible cabin fever, but can't seem to get out of the house.

Feeling a bit agoraphobic blech.  :-\

Having the sweats/chills, tinnitus, depression, sound sensitivity, crying all day etc....  yaay me.  At least the trots have stopped.  Really really wishing I wouldn't have tried to reinstate last Saturday, it has made everything 100 times worse....    :'(

Best wishes to you as well. 

Tink

Yes some else tried reinstatement and is suffering.. ditto agoraphobia today but prob cos chucking any moment.

Have mowed the grass

Do you wake with extreme panic if you doze off?

Dick

Yes some else tried reinstatement and is suffering.. ditto agoraphobia today but prob cos chucking any moment.

Have mowed the grass

Do you wake with extreme panic if you doze off?

Dick

Most people do not know how to reinstate.  Long story short. I work in deep military circles and get to meet some interesting people.  I was telling a doctor on the base about my problems and he introduced me to a doctor who specializes in reinstates.  You may ask why doctors even exist that specialize in reinstates.  In the community of military, CIA and espionage people regularly get kidnapped and denied their drugs for six months to a year while tied up in a closet wearing adult diapers.  Yep it's true. 

Anyhow when they reinstated me they reinstated me with heavy sedation.  I have to warn people this should only be done in a hospital like the hospital I was at. They had me up to 18 mg of Ativan a day for a week so they just about tripled my dose and I can tell you I was feeling no pain :crazy::idiot::D8) with that kind of reinstate!  The only real problems I had were drooling and trying to keep my head straight and from bobbling when they wheel chaired me to the bathroom. 

Then for a period of a week they dropped the benzos fairly rapidly and asked me when I was feeling kind of normal and that's where we bottomed out and started a new taper.  They urged me to stay at that dose for at least three months and get super stable which I did.  Then I tapered a little too fast again and I was done in seven months and that proved to be too fast so I did a little low level reinstate and started again this time really super ultra slow.

People take 1200 pills a year they go down to zero pills a year and then they take one pill or two and what do they expect?  They are still 1198 pills away from feeling normal.  The brain does become fairly saturated with benzos and it takes a while to get that saturation level back and also stop the cascade effect in the brain is a big factor.  It's a kind of brain chemical avalanche is what the doctor told me. I wish I knew more about this cascade effect the doctor talked about but he mentioned kanic acid and that he had to get rid of it ALL before I could start again.  This is why they high-dosed to me at the hospital. 

Also when taking high doses like they did to me you get really cold at night so I had to dress up in thermal pajamas with gloves and booties when I went to sleep.  Very important!  The reinstate done by a professional is an interesting experience and as far as I know I'm the only one on this forum who had this experience because of my connections to military professionals and the strange predicaments they get themselves into.

Bird

Hi Dick,

No thank goodness I don't get the extreme panic.  I'm sorry that happens.  :-\

Wow, Birman, what a story!

As for me.  I broke up with my boyfriend Monday, which was a long time coming. Didn't sleep very well at all Monday night and all of Monday I was the worst I have been yet, I could barely get through the day,  but last night I took a Benadryl and slept and slept.  I hope that means better sleep days are coming.  I actually also felt a bit better yesterday....  not sure how today is going to go yet so we shall see.  But I feel like I could sleep until tomorrow.

Hope you are doing okay today Dick.

Regards,

Tink

Thanks Tink

Things have stabilised a bit with good sleep. The steroid reaction is one thing settling.

I start my next drug taper from 15 of Diaz Asap  or the mirtazipine but have not decided which yet!

Dick

Glad to hear sleep is stabilizing! 

Sadly, I had another night of broken sleep.....  tossing and turning etc....  I hope this stops soon.  I'm

getting pretty sick of this..... 

Good luck with your next taper! 

Tink

Tink

If a wimp like me can get off Seroquel then you can.  @))). Will back you up. !

First day reducing mirtazipine got the numb tongue popping ears and sweats.

Oh joy.

Three meds to go. 

Uggg

Dickie

Hi Dick,

I don't think you are a wimp, you seem pretty brave to me!! 

Thank you, I'm glad to have you as a buddy right now, this is some not so fun stuff right now!  Bleh! 

Oh no, so sorry!  You'll make it through!  <3

Bad sleep last night again, and lots of sweating....  Pfft. 

I felt pretty okay symptom wise all day yesterday, just a little bit of light headedness, but all else was okay.

I hope today is the same. 

Hang in there. 

Tink

I seem to be mostly back to normal...  I feel a little bumpy for a few hours in the morning, but

feel better after that.  Sleep is mostly okay, not getting a straight 8 hours, it's still a bit broken,

but am able to get back to sleep usually for another few hours....

So yaay!  I think I am mostly out of the woods finally.  Only took 30 days heh.

I hope you are hanging in there Dick.

Regards,

Tink

Just jump off from that dosage. I used seroquel for 2 years 400mg's, and jumped off with little to no problems for a month only i was sweaty, irritable, social anxious, and nausea, with less appetite, or else i was doing my things like nothing happened.

If sleep is a problem try exercising during the day, and get some Melatonin, and Mianserin from your doc. Careful don't use Mianserin everyday, or you'll have more insomnia.

Then after you're done with Mianserin. Change to melatonin, passion flower, valerian, and taurine combo before sleep. Throw in some chamomille tea as well, and you'll sleep like a baby. Don't exercise after the day, and don't lift too hard first week(this is what i did wrong too often)

Thank you Dick.  :)

Good luck with your tapers!  Thank you for all the encouragement, I have really appreciated it. 

Cheers,

Tink

AG456,

Thank you for the information. :)

Tink

Much as I hated Seroquel it must have been doing something to calm my anxiety.

It’s been 6 weeks at least since I had any Sero but it’s getting harder and harder to cope with each day. I am increasingly agoraphobic and constantly anxious.

I had reduced the Diaz by 25% just before the Seroquel reduction and have had to occasionally take a bit of diazepam (as oxazepam) just to stop the shakes.  I try not to but I weaken if I haven’t eaten or been able to even watch tv due to invasive anxiety.

I have a horrid feeling I will have to updose the Diaz until the Seroquel withdrawal is through. 

It’s likely that the pre- existing GAD has come to the fore again.

Ideas?

Thanks

Dick 

Hi Dick,

Yes, I totally understand about the Seroquel thing.  I used it to help with my Ativan withdrawals years ago,

and it helped tremendously.  Then 18 months out from the Ativan, I stopped the Seroquel and felt great.  And

oddly enough, I didn't have any withdrawal symptoms the 1st time going off the Seroquel. 

I am not sure why this time it was weird and no fun...  perhaps my body chemestry has changed since 2013,

I dunno.

Just a thought.  I'm not sure if the Seroquel was doing anything bad to you, but if it wasn't, maybe being on

it until after you get off of Benzos, might be something to think about?  Then you won't have to deal with as

many horrible Benzo withdrawals?

Maybe the anxiety you are feeling is the Benzo withdrawals?  I had over the top anxiety, agoraphobia, depression

etc. etc. when coming down off of Benzos, that lasted for 18 months....  maybe it's not GAD.  Maybe it's Benzo

withdrawals?

Hang in there!!  And if you need to talk, feel free to ding me anytime!

*Hugs*  <3

Tink

Hi Tink

Anxiety meltdown, taken by friend to Gp.

GP Wondered how I got off Seroquel without doubling the pregabalin which I vaguely remember the detox psych suggesting.  Well pregabalin is hardly an aspirin, causing major brain changes so I didn’t increase it.

She was thorough and felt I must cover the WD with slightly more Diaz and said a phenothiazine like stemetil for a few weeks.  (Not ideal).

I got home and slept like a babe — but will not take any add ons unless really necessary.

Hope you doing ok

D

Hi Dick,

Oh no!  I am SO sorry!

I'm sorry you are having to updose on the Diaz, that's a bummer....  :(

I'm glad to hear you slept well.  Sorry you are struggling.  I hope things settle out for you soon. 

I'm doing okay.  Still not sleeping well.  It's very frustrating.  I emotionally feel fine, but the no

sleeps is very upsetting.  I think at this point it is hormone related, and can't do anything about

it for a few weeks, which really sucks.  :/  I long for the days of good sleep! 

I guess we both just have to hang in there until something changes for the positive. 

Regards,

Tink

• 2 weeks later...

I am wondering if the seroquel helps with x withdraw.

I have been trying to taper it for about 2 months, having problems. I went from 550 to 400 initially, and my xanax doses did nothing. Reinstated the sero to 550 , the xanax, had an impact.

I missed a full dose 2 nights ago, and my morning xanax did nothing. the next morning. took my seroquel dose to get up to 550, the am one was a bit late, and the xanax was affective.

Can't find anything on the web to see if seroquel enhances the benzo, or mitigates withdraw.

I am scared.

Is the seroquel mitigating xanax withdraw?

When I miss a seroquel dose, the first dose of xanax does nothing.

Is this sero withdraw, or xanax withdraw x 100 because I miss a seroquel dose?

Don't know if anyone knows, but throwing this out there.

I am really scared that the seroquel is calming the xanax withdraw, I really don't want this to be true. If it is, I am stuck on it to get through my benzo withdraw.

Afternoons are horrible for me. Tried taking a sero a few times, it left me a mess, thinking it might minimize the afternoon xanax withdraw. It felt nasty, and I was stuck in bed the rest of the day.

Really freaking out over this.

Baddove

I am 12 w Seroquel free. I made the mistake of dropping benzos by 25 % at same time.

I reinstated the diazepam for a week and then dropped by 12%.

Seroquel dumbs you down, so you are less anxious, but it takes away dopamine too so you feel washed up.  I can only think you find a steady dose of Seroquel and stay there allowing Xanax reduction. Ie treat the Seroquel as you would an AD and come off it later.

I decided Sero was ruining my life so came off that first and will attack pregabalin next.

In a few words “yes Seroquel will blunt the adverse effect of withdrawal” —— but I know I chose the right path for me.  I am alive again after 4 years. (Or more often)

Anti psychotic meds should be used with great care and I hope your doc is involved.

Best wishes

Dick

Thanks forty. you have been really helpful. So little information out there on sero, and not many folks know about it. I am really freaking out, as I stated.

I am working with my pdoc. I talk to him next week. Going to tell him that tapering the sero has been horrible, and let him know I want to make small cuts every 4 weeks. I just cut .25 from the sero out of 550. This afternoon thing started before I made that cut.

I don't think he knows much more about sero than I do. Last we talked, he was leaving it up to me. Not sure if he still will, probably.

I am still wondering if my afternoon wd nightmare is from sero or my benzo. This is a fairly new experience, the complete incapacitation and hell starting around 3 pm. It has always been harsh, but it's much worse lately.

BUT, I did recently cut my xanax, and it takes me on average 8 weeks to adjust,  so.......

(I am so sick of having this take up so much of my time)

Thanks for responding. Take care. If you find any info, I know you will share it. Your an asset here. Glad your a BB member BB, your needed.