Can I / WE just complain today??

[Sa...]

This this is definitely a withdrawal symptom.  I am not saying to not get your blood checked but for peace of mind - please know that my lower legs and feet were number for 3 months and then again in month 5.  I posted here when the feeling came back as I was so excited.. it was winter and I went for a walk on the beach barefoot just because I wanted to feel the sand again.  It will go away; it is temporary and NOT permanent damage (as East convinced me and she was right!).

Leslie,

I’ve been telling myself it is temporary.  4 months is a long time, not when I think of the years I took Xanax. 

I’m so happy to hear yours was temporary!!  I’m afraid to go back to my doc, looking for a new one.

I’ve asked numerous times on bb about numbness.  Thank you!

SaraSue

Oh!!SarahSue. I had the full body numbness. It was freaky. When I walked my insides sounded like they were being pinged by a tuning fork. Freaked me out. Eventually it did pass. The numbness left. I went to a neurologist and had an MRI done of the brain and it came back normal. I don’t know when it left but it just sort of faded away halfway into the first year.

Vic

Oh!!SarahSue. I had the full body numbness. It was freaky. When I walked my insides sounded like they were being pinged by a tuning fork. Freaked me out. Eventually it did pass. The numbness left. I went to a neurologist and had an MRI done of the brain and it came back normal. I don’t know when it left but it just sort of faded away halfway into the first year.

Vic

Vic,

Thank you!  I’ve worried myself sick about this full body numbness.  You are the first person to post they had it, also.  I’m so happy it went away for you!

SaraSue  :smitten:

Sorry to here about the physical onslaught Sue and others.

I have been in a dream since whacked on meds big time in 2015 and am really fed up about it.

The house is clean and the garden lovely.  I pay for help. But the stream is overgrown as not touched for years. Great for wildlife I guess but badly in need of tidying up.

But the place needs a big sort out and I dunno where to start.

Drawers full of meds out of date, wardrobes with clothes I haven’t worn for ten years, shoes likeMrs Marcos ! Twenty year old tennis rackets and kids games litter the utility room with months of dog food piling up. Who needs three dinner services and eight table clothes. .?

And all the pictures and nick knacks from holidays with Pam lining the walls. Which are to painful to take to charity shop. Can’t offload her piano or guitar apparently.

Dog losing weight and sleeping 23/24, vet scratching head.

I really need to get my act together! Alone in a Five bed house ugggg. At least I have a pension, there are so many in financial need. 

I’ve got to get at it. The kids can’t or won’t help. I can’t get going.

Rant over. Is it just me ?

Anyone else SO focused on survival day to day that things just gets left and left it seems forever.

Dickie

Dickie,

Your outdoors sounds lovely.

It is day to day survival.  You might try one thing at a time, ie, outdated meds - toss them!  I have a room and a few closets that have similar messes.  I fill a trash sack every few days ... to get no longer used items out of my house. 

You are healing.

SaraSue  :smitten:

Dickie,

You are so funny. I could understand exactly what you said and have to admit I have the same problem.

I manage to dress nicely but only with second hand clothes I get at thrift shops. A bit of a clothes hound, LOL! This stuff tends to sort of pile up and I have to force myself to go through my two small closets every month and give unworn stuff to my personal charity, the Humane Society (they have a wonderful thrift shop). Plus over the years I have acquired many things which I no longer use or care about. I have to do the same thing with that stuff. It IS intimidating to attack this but once you do it, you feel a truly nice sense of relief. Because I am considering more and more leaving this yucky old apartment, May soon have to get rid of a TON of stuff.

I think Americans have more of a problem with this than in other countries. The US is so stuck on us acquiring stuff. Our entire economy is based on us buying crap we don't really need. And if we try to resist this, stuff always ends up in our homes.

I downsized 6.5 years ago. I sold my small but nice home and moved to a new town just 15 miles North. I rented a budget type apartment here. But my landlady is simply awful. Makes no repairs and the entire building shows this neglect. Plus she keeps raising my rent, just because she wants to. But I also know she does not raised most others rents. Don't know why, it just IS. I want to be done with her. But finding enough time to hunt for a better place to live just has been hard to come by.