Celebrity Rehab 4

[su...]

Saw it Sundaze. Yes she did say that. She also said she was going back to the rehab 3/4 times a week getting councilling. That would be a great help if you can find the right Doctor. I like Dr. Drew. He really talks and works with all those people.

I read the post from zachman about the clonidine patch. I have never even heard of it but it got my attention cause my BP goes high when I get overly anxious. It scares me and that just makes it go higher. Any ideas on that?

Linda

Hey Linda,

It's Al. I don't know much about clonodine but I do know some people who take propranalol to get over social anxiety. It is not addictive. I think they have similar properties and both reduce blood pressure. You only take propranolol as a pill when you need it. Musicians take it to get over stage fright. A psychiatrist told me half the symphony takes it before a performance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propranolol

Hey AL,

Your not gonna believe this but I was reading on propranalol when I was checking out the patch. I know someone that takes propranalol for when their BP goes up. Go figure??

Linda

when Rachel checked in I think she said she took a benzo but the main reason why she was there was she was addicted to love ? and she kinda acted as if the benzo was not the reason she was there... but later in the show one of the other cast members sticks up for her when she gets into a argument with janice and he says she is coming off a benzo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I believe she put a Clonidine patch on him.  According to wikipedia this is used for opioid detox.  See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clonidine

However, I know for a fact that the detox facility I went to gave many people benzos for insomnia.  Perhaps they thought one or two doses wouldn't hurt, but I believe this introduces people to using benzos for sleep and is a slippery slope.