Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Looking for Buddies - LT High dose Xanax direct taper 1/2 way there!

[Lo...]

Julia thank you so much you are always such an encouragement to me and everyone else.

I know we have to keep going the wd symptoms just scare me so much as I know they do everyone else. 

Praying your cut this week works well for you.  You are so very strong and brave.

Our oldest and only granddaughter (3 grandsons 13, 12 & 8) graduates with honors this week from high school it is going to be a very emotional week.

Prayers ❤

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [to...]

• [Di...]

• [Lo...]

• [se...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Julia thank you so much you are always such an encouragement to me and everyone else.

I know we have to keep going the wd symptoms just scare me so much as I know they do everyone else. 

Praying your cut this week works well for you.  You are so very strong and brave.

Our oldest and only granddaughter (3 grandsons 13, 12 & 8) graduates with honors this week from high school it is going to be a very emotional week.

Prayers ❤

Hi Dianedeedee,

You are welcome!  WE are all here for each other!  You help me alot.

I can relate being scared of the WD symptoms because we never know what will show up next!  It gets frustrating and quite scary but the great news is  - we all get through them.  I had so many WD symptoms when I was put on a cold turkey - for 5 months of pure hell - then I was put back on xanax.  After a few months of being back on it, alot of the WD symptoms went away and I have not had them since.  New ones showed up and some have gone and some I still have.  But - eventually they go away!

Thank you - I do not feel strong or brave - I just feel like I am in survival mode!  I am hoping the cut goes well too so I can hopefully make another one soon.

Congratulations to your Granddaughter.  That is great!  I know you are proud.  Especially for the year she has had to go through.  I am sure it will be emotional in a great way! 

Take care and remember - 1 day at a time and we will get to the finish line!

Love and hugs,

Julia :smitten: :smitten:

Julia maybe we'll cross that line together!!!

:smitten:

Ya never know - we are close in dose!  Regardless, we will get there!  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I made a cut yesterday... I notice as I go lower my blood pressure seems to be increasing.  Anyone else?

Seasalt my bp has increased a little but not by much.  I wonder why?

Congratulations on your cut pray it goes well.

Hugs ❤

I made a cut yesterday... I notice as I go lower my blood pressure seems to be increasing.  Anyone else?

Congrats on the cut.

I've had blood pressure spikes even before I started the taper. It started during the cold turkey. The doctor's say I don't have high blood pressure. Every time I go to a doctor it's high. Most of the time when I check it at home it's normal or just a little elevated.  I'm not sure what's going on with it. When I go to the doctor, it's up there so it worries me. There was a period where the doctor had ne checking it every day and it was high each day for about a week and then went back to normal. It's strange.

Hope you are doing better.

Hugs,

Julia :smitten:

Hugs ❤

It's strange. Our bodies are so beat up from all this. Hopefully it'll all get back to normal when we're off this poison.

♥️♥️

Hugs ❤

It's strange. Our bodies are so beat up from all this. Hopefully it'll all get back to normal when we're off this poison.

♥️♥️

I sure hope so.  Elevated BP is what got me into this mess...or the med the Dr prescribed did.  Grrr

Hugs ❤

♥️♥️

I sure hope so.  Elevated BP is what got me into this mess...or the med the Dr prescribed did.  Grrr

I still find it strange the doctor prescribed a benzo for BP. Now that doesn't make sense.  They seem to want to prescribe it for some odd health issues.

Hope you continue to do ok with it.

Hugs,

Julia :smitten:♥️

Hugs ❤

♥️♥️

I still find it strange the doctor prescribed a benzo for BP. Now that doesn't make sense.  They seem to want to prescribe it for some odd health issues.

Hugs,

Julia I'm sorry I should have explained...the dr prescribed a beta blocker for the bp I developed severe anxiety a side effect of the beta blocker along with 7 other side effects.  But...the dr was convinced the anxiety was because of the covid virus scare so she prescribed xanax...I was so afraid of the high bp that I wasn't even thinking, I trusted her.  I started researching and figured out it was the bp med that was causing my anxiety.. too late I was already dependent on the xanax.  😭

I had really high BP out of the blue when this all started (I was normally very low).  Then out of nowhere it dropped really low.  Now it is climbing.

Like Julia I have surges of high blood pressure and then it drops.  Very strange..

I had really high BP out of the blue when this all started (I was normally very low).  Then out of nowhere it dropped really low.  Now it is climbing.

Like Julia I have surges of high blood pressure and then it drops.  Very strange..

Seasalt this is such a weird journey!

Hugs ❤

♥️♥️

Hugs,

Julia I'm sorry I should have explained...the dr prescribed a beta blocker for the bp I developed severe anxiety a side effect of the beta blocker along with 7 other side effects.  But...the dr was convinced the anxiety was because of the covid virus scare so she prescribed xanax...I was so afraid of the high bp that I wasn't even thinking, I trusted her.  I started researching and figured out it was the bp med that was causing my anxiety.. too late I was already dependent on the xanax.  😭

Wow - that really does suck!!!  So sorry!  :smitten:

Is is Dianedeedee!  Today I woke to a swollen face!

Wow - darn SeaSalt - I hope you are better now.  That is scary!  If it is not one thing, its another!!! 

Keep us posted.

Dianedeedee / SeaSalt - yeah - the BP thing has me boggled.  Also my A1C was 5.9 in October and I have never had an issue with blood sugar before all this crap.  I did blood work today and will see what it is tomorrow.  I do know for a few months I was eating chocolate mini bars at night and I stopped when I got the test results in October.  That was stress related , eating the chocolate!

We shall see what the doctor says on Friday but hopefully it will all be ok! 

Hugs and prayers,

Julia  :smitten:

Wow - darn SeaSalt - I hope you are better now.  That is scary!  If it is not one thing, its another!!! 

Keep us posted.

Dianedeedee / SeaSalt - yeah - the BP thing has me boggled.  Also my A1C was 5.9 in October and I have never had an issue with blood sugar before all this crap.  I did blood work today and will see what it is tomorrow.  I do know for a few months I was eating chocolate mini bars at night and I stopped when I got the test results in October.  That was stress related , eating the chocolate!

Hugs and prayers,

Julia I sure hope so.  :smitten:

Keep us posted.

Hugs and prayers,

Julia I sure hope so.  :smitten:

Thanks Dianedeedee - of course being stuck at home all last year and so far this year and eating my chocolate also helped me gain 20 pounds this last year.  lol  Just something else to work on!!!!!    Because I do not have enough to worry or think about already!!!!    :clap::oops::smitten: :smitten:

May as well laugh - lol

Julia,

Let me know how you make out with your test.  I have never had high cholesterol or blood pressure etc.  I am not surprised each time a new thing shows up.  I am having a terrible time with inflammation as I get lower.

I have food and medicine sensitivities I am now wondering if I have mass cell syndrome.  I am really praying that once I am off these things will resolve.

Thank you all for being so supportive.

Julia,

Let me know how you make out with your test.  I have never had high cholesterol or blood pressure etc.  I am not surprised each time a new thing shows up.  I am having a terrible time with inflammation as I get lower.

I have food and medicine sensitivities I am now wondering if I have mass cell syndrome.  I am really praying that once I am off these things will resolve.

Hi Seasalt,

I definitely will. I'll be checking constantly in the morning until I get them on the Portal.

It's strange but when I was cold turkeyed, for 5 months, I became allergic to food - sugar, anything spicy, garlic etc. , my clothes, meds, my cell phone and house phone and TV - I Know- but I was, smells, everything. Once I was put back on xanax, it took months untill alot of that went away. It was actually close to a year.  It was hell. I even had a reaction at the hospital er to saline.

I'm wondering if I had mcs too.

I also have had high cholesterol  recently which is coming down, BP spikes, now the blood sugar thing.

I do believe these things will go away once we're off xanax because so much of my crap has gone away or gotten better.

I will say, i absolutely am allergic to Prednisone now and who knows what else. I wouldn't even try peanut butter until last October because I was afraid of a reaction even though I hadn't had an issue with it before. I've become very scared to try new meds.

We'll be ok. I do believe that!!

Love and hugs and prayers.

Julia :smitten:

Julia,

Hi Seasalt,

I hope you are doing better today!  I am doing ok with the cut I made on Sunday - so far.  I made a 5% cut.  We will see how it goes.  I am not exactly sure of the dose except that it is 5% less than what I was taking.  The pills I have were not exactly the same so that is why I do not know what the dose I was taking before Sunday was.

Anyway - I got my test results back.  My A1C had come down from 5.9 to 5.7 so it is back in what the doctor says is normal range.  My glucose was 96 which was also good.  He did not test for the cholesterol this time.  It was 249 December 2019 and then October 2020 it had come down to 215 so it was getting close to the normal range - actually the doctor put in his notes the 215 was in normal or stable range.  I guess that is why he did not test for it this time.  I am sure he will next time.

So, I am just glad the A1C came down because I have been worried about it.  My sister has diabetes and so does my husband and I know it can be scary.  My husband has had a couple scares ( a year or so ago) where his numbers have gone down to 45 one time and 50 another.  I freaked out over it but got him some sugar fast and then he was ok.  When he went to the doctor in December his A1C had come down to 5.9 from 6.8 so I am thinking there is something wrong there as I find it strange as he has not done anything any different.  He gets blood work done in a couple weeks so we will see what it is now.

The other things the doctor checked for like sodium, calcium etc were all normal.

Take care.

Hugs and love,