Question for those with on and off Tinnitus

[st...]

I've been getting on and off tinnitus since early December.  It may go on for days and then slowly go away for a day or so and then come back.  I've noticed that if I'm not experiencing any tinnitus and I take a short nap (even for 10 minutes of so) when I wake up the tinnitus is back and may continue again for days.  Anyone else have the tinnitus disappear then suddenly come back after even a very short nap?

I’m dealing with tinnitus constant all day everyday in my left ear, actually just commented on a thread about the matter on here. I’ve dealt with it all my life but according to everyone else we all get it during our tapering and recovery, something about our CNS and the brain healing. I know it sucks but hang in there I guess it does go away with time

I've had Tinnitus for the past 12 years. Today I'm 11 months benzo free. Lately, I've noticed a change in the intensity and duration of the tinnitus. The most amazing thing happened this morning. As I was going about the day, I noticed that I felt very calm and peaceful. It then occurred to me that I had no crickets chirping(nothing), almost cried. Id forgotten what it was like to have quiet. I'm sure it'll be back, but I have all the confidence that it will disappear completely soon. Fyi, I also quit alcohol c/t 10 months ago today. Our bodies are amazing!

You will heal!

I've had Tinnitus for the past 12 years. Today I'm 11 months benzo free. Lately, I've noticed a change in the intensity and duration of the tinnitus. The most amazing thing happened this morning. As I was going about the day, I noticed that I felt very calm and peaceful. It then occurred to me that I had no crickets chirping(nothing), almost cried. Id forgotten what it was like to have quiet. I'm sure it'll be back, but I have all the confidence that it will disappear completely soon. Fyi, I also quit alcohol c/t 10 months ago today. Our bodies are amazing!

You will heal!

Congrats! 7 months sober for me in 4 days!

Thanks everyone for you comments!!  It just seems when I think it's going away, it rears it ugly head again.  I've never had any issues with tinnitus throughout the years but only when I got off klonopin.

It can be maddening when symtoms go away only to return...but those moments of peace keep me optimistic they'll keep coming back and that things are healing.