Honest self-reflection time

[du...]

I am a 30 year old guy living in South Africa.

I have struggled off and on with anxiety (both social and work related) and about 6 months ago decided to go and see a doctor. They prescribed 5mg Alprazolam to be taken as a sleeping and calming aide. I used to take this without any consequence 2-3 times a week. Then 3 months ago I approached the same doctor to ask for a focused sleeping pill as the Alprazolam wasn't exactly doing the trick and I was prescribed 7.5mg Zopiclone.

For about 2 months I was taking 5mg Alprazolam once every two weeks (as needed when I felt really anxious) and the 7.5mg Zopiclone about 2-3 times a week. As I was taking the Alprazolam mostly for anxiety during social interactions, this meant I was drinking quite regularly while taking it, but never felt strange or nad consequences.

About a month ago everything changed. I started taking Alprazolam more frequently (1-2 per week) and I started feeling twitching in my face and knee - didn't make the link that it might be the benzo as I exercise quite regularly and thought it was sports injury. I have now realised that I have a problem and I need to do something about it, so this is my attempt to learn as much as possible and OVERCOME.

zDFSObb.png

Hello dude5840!

We are very glad that you found us!

I am sorry to hear you are struggling with withdrawal symptoms from Alprazolam & Zopiclone. I would also like to suggest that you do some research on the various boards. Find a method that will work for you. Becoming well informed should better enable you to make difficult decisions as well as provide you with the tools you need for a successful taper & recovery. You will find many knowledgeable members who will support your efforts to become benzo free. I have enclosed a few links below that may help you. Check them out!

Wishing you a smooth taper & speedy recovery!

Bella  :smitten:

Please take the time to tell us about your history by creating a signature:

For a direct link:

CLICK HERE --->

Create a Signature <--- CLICK HERE 

Links:

Taper Info:

Suggested reduction rate is 5%-10% every 10-14 days 

Create Your Own Taper Plan  by Jim Hawk 

You-Tube step-by-step  Tutorial Video

Other Tutorials:

Hi dude -

You have come to the right place for help and support.

Have you thought about a Daily Liquid Micro Taper? It is imo the smoothest and safest way to get off benzos. If you go to the Titration board, you will see lots of info there and there are great members who will help you with a plan.

You WILL heal!