Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Anybody had a good experience with Botox?

[Vi...]

I have this terrible burning squeezing head scalp for 3 years now and it is not getting better. I need help bc I can’t live like this. Doctor recommended Botox for me, but I’m so scared. 

Anybody had a good experience with Botox injection in the head or neck scalp?

I’m off 31 months benzo and 12 months remeron.

Thank you

Vica

Doctors recommending Botox for me bc I have more then 3 years a bad burning squeezing head scalp pain and isn’t getting better. I’m scared to do that, but maybe no other choice.

I’m  31 months off benzo and 12 months off remeron.

Anybody had Botox for headpain ?

How was your experience?

Vica

I would be careful with Botox. I have read some people can have terrible affects and the symptoms are as bad as benzos. There is an entire recovery group for Botox just like there is for benzos. It’s crazy,just do your research first before trying.

I would be careful with Botox. I have read some people can have terrible affects and the symptoms are as bad as benzos. There is an entire recovery group for Botox just like there is for benzos. It’s crazy,just do your research first before trying.

Hi, thank you for your response.  Can I ask were did you read that information?

Vica

I was considering getting Botox for something,but wanted to research it first. So I googled it and came across a forum of those who had Botox and now have been sick for many months to years with same symptoms as benzos. There is a site called real self , Botox forum side affects and that’s just one of them that has peoples experiences with Botox and how badly it affects the nervous system. So I decided I wouldn’t do it,because I don’t want to chance a new realm of suffering. It obviously doesn’t happen to everyone,but I wasn’t going to chance it. 

Doctors recommending Botox for me bc I have more then 3 years a bad burning squeezing head scalp pain and isn’t getting better. I’m scared to do that, but maybe no other choice.

I’m  31 months off benzo and 12 months off remeron.

Anybody had Botox for headpain ?

How was your experience?

Vica

Botox injections have helped migraines for me significantly.  I've not experienced adverse reactions from them.

I recently got it for withdr related TMJ and it really helped. It helped with headaches from the TMJ also. I could see it helping with a squeezeing sensation. Hopefully some will come along with input on Botox for the burning side effect.

Annie

Hello Vica,

You've started at least three threads about botox, two of them on this board which I've merged together. This kind of thing, which is considered spamming on this forum, is not good.  First, it confuses and frustrates other members who may want to help you. 

Also, all of our boards are themed, so when something is posted on the wrong board, a moderator has to move it.

So please, one post per subject and please try to post it on the right board.  Botox is a medication, so it belongs on this board.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve has zero issues with Boris for muscle knots

Hi, did you get the Botox in your head?

Vica

Yes - the effectiveness of them alone is debatable as I've had physical therapy and diet changes in the time since however it definitely has not hindered anything. Additionally, if you're able to go through insurance (billed as dystonia), it won't cost you a dime out of pocket (got a check for $120 the other day)

https://www.botoxsavingsprogram.com/

Vica

Yes - the effectiveness of them alone is debatable as I've had physical therapy and diet changes in the time since however it definitely has not hindered anything. Additionally, if you're able to go through insurance (billed as dystonia), it won't cost you a dime out of pocket (got a check for $120 the other day)

I’m approved for Botox, I don’t have to pay for it. Just so scared bc reading horror storys about Botox and a lots of people get worst not better after. Worst for me a death ... I’m very sick even now.

Did you felt better after Botox. You head pain get better?

My diet is very good, I can’t change anything with that.

Hugs

Vica

Vica

I’m approved for Botox, I don’t have to pay for it. Just so scared bc reading horror storys about Botox and a lots of people get worst not better after. Worst for me a death ... I’m very sick even now.

Did you felt better after Botox. You head pain get better?

My diet is very good, I can’t change anything with that.

Hugs

Vica

There’s horror stories for walking outside on here. I think it’s worth the gamble.

I've been getting botox every 3 months for about 20 years, yes I said 20 years.  It's been a life saver for me.  I'd be in constant pain if I didn't get the injections.

I've been getting botox every 3 months for about 20 years, yes I said 20 years.  It's been a life saver for me.  I'd be in constant pain if I didn't get the injections.

Did you have pre benzo dystonia? How many rounds did it take to achieve significant relief?

I did have pre benzo dystonia.  I think I got relief after the 2nd round.  I've read the bad reviews for botox and I think most of them are for cosmetic treatments.

• 1 month later...

My Neuro has suggested botox for the muscle contracture in my spine, neck, shoulders which I was on the benzo for so interested in ppls experience of Botox.

I hope he can also release whatever is now pressing on sciatic nerves where surgery site is. Not had sciatica since had surgery in 2001 presumably because benzo was preventing the spasm in muscles around that area as have been on diazepam since then.