How do people get through this?

[...]

One day at a time.

This is very thoughtful thread and it is a question we all ask at some point in this.  I've posted here before & wound up here again - Great post by Drew, page 2.  I think it's very telling re: above that dr. "demands" - Yet another example of how very clueless they are! >:(

I've been under the impression that the UK & Australia are "easier" (relative term, I know ::)) than the US.  (Other countries I have no ideas.)  Since I am in US & there's a huge opioid epidemic, I tend to believe the worst with what's been going on here.  I also feel the benzo epidemic won't be addressed as it needs to be, until at least some inroads have been made on the opioid crisis - and, I do get that b/c far too many younger ones are risking, or losing, their lives.  I'd thought a light would be shone after what happened w/singer, Chris Cornell (RIP), but now, I estimate this won't be on any forefront for another 10 years - hope I'm wrong.

I've posted here again, for another reason, in hopes that an administrator will read b/c I'm seeing lots of posts where members are in different countries & including that in their posts.  I'm on other community forums for interests/entertainment, which are good means' of distraction & also help me to feel connected to something, since I've been pretty disabled through this & I am not seeing an end to that in sight; at least not short-term.  Some of them do have places to input your country & some also include more specifics (I don't add beyond country).  I think it would be helpful for bb's to see what country other bb's are located in. The handling of this differs by country.  (I thought I'd read above that in England, it's Valium; not these other benzo's, but not able to scroll to wherever I'd thought I'd seen that, while writing my post.)  It could be located under posts & gender symbol (under member user name).  If members' aren't comfortable w/listing, they wouldn't have to & if there's any security concern, country is a pretty large region.  People are including this information, anyway, within their posts. 

I've also been pretty incredulous throughout this, that pharmaceutical companies - the other devil >:D ever began manufacture of succeeding benzo. meds after valium, which have only ended up being even worse! :tickedoff:

I haven't added here my entire story of what's been occurring throughout my taper (it would take up too much space! & it's on other posts I've made on other threads) - to sum up: housebound, too & in pain 24/7 last couple of months.  Do feel, have felt all along & agree with "The only way through it is through it.