Benefits of benzo w/d..?

[ni...]

The benefits for me are as follows: I am no longer medicated after a lifetime on drugs more or less, I know the truth about my life, I know my own mind, I have met many wonderful people online, my real life friends have been absolutely wonderful, I also know I have considerable strength after decades of thinking I was weak in some way rather than disabled by drugs.  I am still essentially the same person as I always was but I know a great deal more than I did before withdrawal and knowledge is very important to me.

I also have a much better understanding of my lifetime of health problems, most of which were attributed to mental health issues.

Wonderful post, LF......love you, Mary

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

There are so many things I've learned in this long, drawn-out process. I tend to cry a lot now and am more compassionate for others. I've also learned to be very thankful for all I have and for my hobbies, which have been put on hold because of anhedonia. But slowly my desire is coming back. I also want to make certain that my life is filled with things to do. I'm not ready yet, but worrying about my health all the time is no fun! Therapy has been a good thing, but it has to be the right therapist. I'm learning to forgive doctors. That's a biggie! And I will forever be grateful for my son, who has stood by me in this and is helping me financially. Without his help and support, it would be very, very difficult, if not impossible. I'm learning to manage my anxiety, even though it's taken eons to do this. I want so much to be calm!

And I have found so many good people who are more than willing to help on BB!! I couldn't have done it without the encouragement I've gotten. Forever grateful!!  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Oh Yes Terry,

What you say is so beautiful and I can certainly echo much of it.

I try not to waste a moment when I can do things -- and I appreciate small things so much more.  I know I have more patience around almost everything and everyone.  The suffering we re going through is like going through a fire: and we will be tempered like steel when we come out the other side. 

Nice to see you here Terry!

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

Thank you so much, Suffering Sixty!! I forgot to say that my faith has deepened also. I think when you tend to go through the trenches (at least for me), I have to believe in a Higher Power. To feel that within me has made me less fearful. (I hope I can say this at BB!)

It's true, we will be tempered like steel when we come out the other side!! Very well said!!  :hug:

There are so many things I've learned in this long, drawn-out process. I tend to cry a lot now and am more compassionate for others. I've also learned to be very thankful for all I have and for my hobbies, which have been put on hold because of anhedonia. But slowly my desire is coming back. I also want to make certain that my life is filled with things to do. I'm not ready yet, but worrying about my health all the time is no fun! Therapy has been a good thing, but it has to be the right therapist. I'm learning to forgive doctors. That's a biggie! And I will forever be grateful for my son, who has stood by me in this and is helping me financially. Without his help and support, it would be very, very difficult, if not impossible. I'm learning to manage my anxiety, even though it's taken eons to do this. I want so much to be calm!

And I have found so many good people who are more than willing to help on BB!! I couldn't have done it without the encouragement I've gotten. Forever grateful!!  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Oh Yes Terry,

What you say is so beautiful and I can certainly echo much of it.

I try not to waste a moment when I can do things -- and I appreciate small things so much more.  I know I have more patience around almost everything and everyone.  The suffering we re going through is like going through a fire: and we will be tempered like steel when we come out the other side. 

Nice to see you here Terry!

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

Thank you so much, Suffering Sixty!! I forgot to say that my faith has deepened also. I think when you tend to go through the trenches (at least for me), I have to believe in a Higher Power. To feel that within me has made me less fearful. (I hope I can say this at BB!)

It's true, we will be tempered like steel when we come out the other side!! Very well said!!  :hug:

:thumbsup::smitten::thumbsup: