Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Need some help please

[Zz...]

I have never spoken about my depression on here but tapering plus have extreme anxiety GAD.

I'm currently on 22.5mg mirtazipine my psych gave me reboxetine recently to help with the tiredness it lasted 4 days at a low 2mg dose before I felt it exhaberated my anxiety! He now wants me to try effexor in the morning as I've been on mirtazipine for 4 months almost and found it acts like a sleeping pill only.

My issue is I also have health anxiety so I'm worried about every little symptoms and tried effexor for one day a few month's back when I was on 15mg mirtazipine for a month and out of the blue it was like adrenaline kicked in while i was driving and i needed to stop and jump out the car as i felt i was in fight/flight mode this scared me so much at only 37.5mg effexor omg i feel silly maybe it was my anxiety I just dont know! But feel desperate and hes asked me to try it again!!!

I'm lost and dont know what I should do. It's hard enough with the benzo dramas! I'm so lost!!!

Seems you and I are very sensitive to medications. That’s exactly what happened to me when I try to effexor and other antidepressants...  till I did it genetic test Genomind...  turns out all of them were not good for me.

I just started Cymbalta which is listed as OK for my metabolism and genetic code. Hate to say I don’t like anything because I was just so sensitive the substances.  And those sensations make us want to jump out of the car >:(

I didn’t quite capture it..  but it looks like you had a massive increase in your Benzo? And then started to come off slowly?

I think it’s very important to stabilize and no longer cut anything. I’m Thanking you and I have the same DNA code. I don’t think any antidepressant or sleep aids are going to be 100% effective. Heck even melatonin makes me freak out but I learn to control that, yet it doesn’t work anyway.

Seems like you should start out by just stabilizing and stop cutting. As far as any AD meds ...  and I’m now I’m starting Cymbalta on day three now and I’m not feeling it.

I know many of us one off medications but we have to get prepared first, we also need to level out before we cut again. Even if that’s many weeks just to alleviate the brain of the chaos.

I know it’s not a direct answer. But if life is too hard, then maybe we’re just not ready to cut yet.

• 2 weeks later...
I've found effexor really helpful in the past prob the best antidepressant I have tried. But it was also way harder to come off of compared to all the other antidepressants I have been on. The WD was brutal, but nothing as bad as benzo WD. Just remember effexor will make you feel worse for the first few weeks because of the start up symptoms, then got better after that for me.