Need help for ativan taper

[EL...]

Hi Elena :smitten:

Any opinion about whether any other supplements might ease symptoms? I've heard of CBD oil, L-theanine and other things.

While tapering I used to take the following herbs and drank a lot of them during several months:

- Chamomile

- Passiflora (Passiflora incarnata)

- Valeriana (Valeriana officinalis)

- Pop (Humulus lupulus)

- Eschscholzia (Eschscholzia californica)

I was particularly excited at the beginning thinking they can partially substitute the suppressed benzo by providing natural calming GABA-effects. After a while as no relevant effect was experienced, I just stopped. Months later, I happened to read that these things are to be avoided during withdrawal. http://prescription-drug.addictionblog.org/five-5-facts-about-benzodiazepine-withdrawal-you-need-to-know/ . I understand then that the Central Nervous System in absence of external GABA-like elements produces more effort to counter balance this lack making the healing faster. I let you decide what to do with this piece of information.

:hug:

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your reply. I went to a naturopath who pretty much discounted my benzo tapering/withdrawal as a major cause of my symptoms. She wasn't interested in the Ashton Manual. It was upsetting. She advised gaba, vitamin d, CBD magnesium, etc.

The article you linked to is very informative. Dr. Jennifer Leigh is an expert. Unfortunately, there are no such benzo withdrawal experts in my area. I guess, they misunderstand what is happening.

I've finally received my scale and am still waiting for syringes. I am also still holding and having extreme anxiety/fear as well as a lot of physical symptoms but I refuse to updose. Still I intend to taper 5% and will be adding one liquid dose to my taper as soon as I'm able.

Best to you,

Elena :smitten: