Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group

[Sc...]

I also got a batch of accord and it is awful. Like you stated, the pills are very crumbly if that is a good definition. Teva works for me so well. The others are like taking nothing. I had trouble with the Brand also. Again, hopefully they will back in the pharmacies before too long. It is almost the end of summer. Hard to believe. I just wish the heat would go away.

yeah i just picked up my 90 day supply of ACCORD cause they couldn't guarantee anything in any generic or brand for longer than that this time. ugh. so i have it to go thru. but now i just hope i can get more of it enough for the next 3 years HAHAHAH yeah right! i will just have to buckle up and try to get ready for the ride ahead. i hate the ACCORD variability...some pills dissolve in 3 seconds, some in more than 5 minutes.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [In...]

• [Du...]

• [NJ...]

• [Li...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi micedana.  Am I understanding correctly that you have been using two different generics to taper?  Regular tablets from Accord and a liquid suspension made with regular tablets from Actavis?  If so, is replacing the regular Accord tablets with regular Actavis tablets an option? That way you’d be on one generic instead of two (as we’ve learned, the amount of active ingredient in these drugs varies from manufacturer to manufacturer so you’d be eliminating one source of variability).

Then you could either continue to taper or hold at your current dose as Dana has suggested until the original-formula Teva are available in your area.  Am I correct that you are already below 1mg in your total daily dose?  If so, are you ok with switching entirely to liquid/compounded suspension using the Teva? According to previous posts, the original-formula Teva tablets will initially only be available in the 1mg strength and are not scored for splitting (i.e. the active drug substance is not evenly distributed throughout the tablet).

[73...]

Hi libertas!

Thanks a lot for being such a nice member. You've been there answering all my questions nicely and promptly.

YES, during the taper last year I was using Actavis (liquid dose) and accord pills till gone. After reinstatement three months ago, I begun tappering immediately, and I've been taking only accord from 1 mg initial dose till now at 0.625.

I have different symptoms compared with the previous taper. This time is more of dizziness, bad blurred vision and I feel extremely tired. Still functional thou. I'm conditionally able to work and play sports.

My issue is that I have the feeling that the crappy accord has a lot to do as of how I feel.

In my city I can only get accord and actavis. I already talked to may doctor and she already ordered actavis suspension and pills.

My dilemma is that although I don't feel well with the accord I don't want to screwed it bad switching to Actavis. May be doing it gradually starting with the liquid redusing dose (actavis) and after a while switch the pills and go all actavis. I think 0.625 is too large for all liquid. The suspension Qty is 100 ml. It'll last less than 20 days.

Hate to got thru this again. Hopefully is going to be the last one.

Thanks for the help

Miguel

In my city I can only get accord and actavis. I already talked to may doctor and she already ordered actavis suspension and pills.

My dilemma is that although I don't feel well with the accord I don't want to screwed it bad switching to Actavis. May be doing it gradually starting with the liquid redusing dose (actavis) and after a while switch the pills and go all actavis. I think 0.625 is too large for all liquid. The suspension Qty is 100 ml. It'll last less than 20 days.

Hello, Miguel.  Good to hear from you as always.  Making only one change at a time and doing it gradually gets my vote! You make a good point about moving to all liquid all at once given your current dose. The reason I suggested this as an option for you to consider was b/c I thought you wanted to switch to the original-formula Teva’s if/when they become available in your area (based on what’s been shared by others, the Teva tabs are not going to be available in 0.5mg at least initially). 

It is indeed unfortunate that you have had to endure these generic changes.  I share your hope that this will be the last time you have to do so.  Libertas

I called my CVS and they are putting in for special order everyday. So far they have not gotten it. Cardinal is their distributer. I know in time it will be out at the major pharmacies. You can call around and see if the other Pharmacies carry it.

I called my CVS and they are putting in for special order everyday. So far they have not gotten it. Cardinal is their distributer. I know in time it will be out at the major pharmacies. You can call around and see if the other Pharmacies carry it.

I'm going to do just that Dana.Most pharmacies in my area are amerisourcebergen so Im keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm going to do just that Dana.Most pharmacies in my area are amerisourcebergen so Im keeping my fingers crossed.

Me too! My pharmacist says it is just a matter of time since it is being reintroduced.  :)

FYI on the TEVA...my pharmacy called their distributor and they said they had the 1mg TEVA-so they ordered it and specified TEVA only...came in and it was Activas...pharmacist called them and was told TEVA bought Activas. But then they said the TEVA was on back order-so it's confusing as hell.

Well that is very frustrating.  >:(. I was out today and CVS called my home phone and left a message that my Script was ready. I called to make sure, and the Pharmacist that I spoke with stated it was hopefully on the delivery truck today. Well, I guess not, because I did not get a call back. It is taking time and I understand as they have had to work out the kinks since reintroducing the drug. Much confusion, but it will get straightened out in due time. :)

[00...]

FYI on the TEVA...my pharmacy called their distributor and they said they had the 1mg TEVA-so they ordered it and specified TEVA only...came in and it was Activas...pharmacist called them and was told TEVA bought Activas. But then they said the TEVA was on back order-so it's confusing as hell.

You have to make sure you give them the ndc number

the Pharm Tech even showed me the NDC number and that it matched both what she ordered (TEVA), yet what came was Activas....same number...

[00...]

the Pharm Tech even showed me the NDC number and that it matched both what she ordered (TEVA), yet what came was Activas....same number...

What number did you use?

I am really glad to see Teva original coming back since it has always given me the least trouble.  But no scoring and uneven distribution of the drug has me concerned.  I hope the amount in each pill is consistent so that crushing to powder is viable for tapering.

Has anyone been successful in obtaining the original formula tablets?

The pills seem to be lost in purgatory at the moment.

:laugh: grrl you give me life!

Has anyone been successful in obtaining the original formula tablets?

The pills seem to be lost in purgatory at the moment.

Perfect answer for what is going on  :D

[00...]
Teva says it's somewhere out there and that the best bet is to find a pharmacy that gets their medication from amerisource bergen. I'm not sure which pharmacies buy from them.

[00...]

It looks like Walgreens owns a 26% stake in AmerisourceBergen.  Unfortunately there are no Walgreens in my area to check with.

I checked with the Walgreens in my area that gets it from amerisource bergen and they can't see it in their system at all. Looks as if we need to keep checking every day. If other people in other areas can check with their local Walgreens and see who their distributor is, and check the ndc number, then we can keep updated on this Nationwide. I'm in Massachusetts.

I have been making it through using my old TEVA's.  The 3 generics that are left give me major problems.  I've been holding off trying name brand because of my experiences with the generics.  If this new TEVA isn't available soon I will have no choice. 

I'm so afraid of going to brand and destabilizing, and losing the progress that I've made so far.  I guess I shouldn't get ahead of myself with my fear, but I've read so many similar situations on here.  I just want this ordeal to be over.

I hope we see the new Teva everywhere soon.