Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group

[Sc...]

[b2...]

My doctor is going to order the Teva ODTs, .125mg, which I'm going to try to see what my reaction is. Hopefully it works.

Clara,

That’s good news for you.

I remember you saying that someone named builder switched to ODTs and he was ok? He's probably not as life threateningly sensitive as me but I would still be curious to talk to him.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [In...]

• [Du...]

• [NJ...]

• [Li...]

Top Posters In This Topic

My doctor is going to order the Teva ODTs, .125mg, which I'm going to try to see what my reaction is. Hopefully it works.

Clara,

I remember you saying that someone named builder switched to ODTs and he was ok? He's probably not as life threateningly sensitive as me but I would still be curious to talk to him.

Clara,

I’m the one who switched to the ODTS.

And before doing so, I asked builder several questions before doing that.

You can find builder often on the titration section of BB and ask him anything you want to ask him.

[b2...]

Clara,

Clara,

You can find builder often on the titration section of BB and ask him anything you want to ask him.

You switched to ODTs but you still prefer the old Teva formulation?

Clara,

Clara,

Clara,

At this point, I have no choice. Looks like you haven’t paid any attention to anything I’ve posted.

I started out on Actavis clonazepam, but have had to switch 6 times to other variations of generic clonazepam so I’ve ended up on the ODTS. Let’s leave it at that. You take what you been able to get and I’ll do the same.

[b2...]

Clara,

Clara,

Clara,

At this point, I have no choice. Looks like you haven’t paid any attention to anything I’ve posted.

I started out on Actavis clonazepam, but have had to switch 6 times to other variations of generic clonazepam so I’ve ended up on the ODTS. Let’s leave it at that. You take what you been able to get and I’ll do the same.

And there you go -- I'll never ask you anything again.

[b2...]
Also, looks as if you haven't paid attention to anything I've said, if you want to play that. I don't "take anything I can get" and I never have. In fact, I'm still on the old Teva klonopin and I have three more months worth so I don't even need the ODTs yet. I just don't like taking old pills. Did you miss that?

• 2 weeks later...
[b2...]
My source from Teva gave me release dates and how it will be distributed. Because I don't want to make a public announcement about the details, please private message me if you need to know anything.

My source from Teva gave me release dates and how it will be distributed. Because I don't want to make a public announcement about the details, please private message me if you need to know anything.

Clara,

Please understand that the Personal Messaging System is to be used for moral support and chatting about things that might not be benzo related. We want all information, whether about the drug itself, tapering or anything related to withdrawal, posted on the open forum. It's really important for members to hear a wide variety of views and opinions so they may choose what works best for them.

Thanks in advance for following our policies regarding proper use of the PM system.

pianogirl

For those with problems switching generics you might want to work with a compounding pharmacy. Mine when Teva was being discontinued bought two 100-tablet 1 mg bottles of Teva for me to use for my taper - had on a shelf with my name on them so no one else would use any and I didn't have to switch brands while tapering. I'm on my last 5 days and the head pharmacist cheered when I went in to pick up my last prescription. The generic clonazepam tablets themselves are very inexpensive and my insurance didn't even cover, only covered brand name Klonopin. It was great having the long term stability.

For those with problems switching generics you might want to work with a compounding pharmacy. Mine when Teva was being discontinued bought two 100-tablet 1 mg bottles of Teva for me to use for my taper - had on a shelf with my name on them so no one else would use any and I didn't have to switch brands while tapering. I'm on my last 5 days and the head pharmacist cheered when I went in to pick up my last prescription. The generic clonazepam tablets themselves are very inexpensive and my insurance didn't even cover, only covered brand name Klonopin. It was great having the long term stability.

Congratulations on being so low and for being able to keep those pills at the pharmacy, good job!!

Mary 💜💜💜

wow! THANK YOU for this tip! i'm gonna try on monday with our compounding pharmacy to see if they'll do the same for me....i make my own suspoension but even if we paid private for the pills a lil extra just to have the nonstop stabilty with continuous one generic for the duration...man what a relief that would be!

Another option might be a mom and pop regular pharmacy. They might be willing to put in a supply of your generic for you to have a stable source.

I got a call from my Pharmacist and she looked up their orders that are coming in and Teva klonopin is on the list. According to her the arrival date is between the 9th of this, which has passed, to the 23rd of this month.  I have not received any email from Teva yet, but that is fine as long as I know it is coming back!

I live in the SouthEast, so I don't how it is being distributed through out the country.

I called my Dr and she is going to call in for the Teva brand only. I am hoping it will be here sooner than later.

Will update as soon I know more.

I hope everyone can get it soon and get back on track. :)

Thank you for this update, Dana!  Do you happen to know what distributor your pharmacy uses? The last time I checked, the top three were AmerisourceBergen Corporation, Cardinal Health, Inc.,  and McKesson Corporation.

Thank you for this update, Dana!  Do you happen to know what distributor your pharmacy uses? The last time I checked, the top three were AmerisourceBergen Corporation, Cardinal Health, Inc.,  and McKesson Corporation.

These are the 3 top distributors that I’m aware of also.

I have sent numerous emails to Teva myself and have gotten reply email back from Teva.

But I have not ever had Teva email me directly.

A response email from them, yes. I didn’t realize that Teva emails patients though.

[b2...]

Dana is right. Teva Klonopin will be back within that time frame. I've been given the ndc number for it's release though pharmacies do not have it in their system yet.

Ndc 00093321205

Only the 1mg will be distributed at first. The ndc is for the new 1mg release. The .5mg will not be distributed until September. It will be sold in bulk so only big pharmacies will be purchasing it initially.

[b2...]
I should also note that I'm awaiting a call back today from my contact at Teva. She's going to update me again with more details. She have me permission to tell a few people the things she's letting me know before the official release but customer service at Teva doesn't even know about this yet so don't bother calling them. They are clueless and they always have been.

Dana is right. Teva Klonopin will be back within that time frame. I've been given the ndc number for it's release though pharmacies do not have it in their system yet.

Ndc 00093321205

Only the 1mg will be distributed at first. The ndc is for the new 1mg release. The .5mg will not be distributed until September. It will be sold in bulk so only big pharmacies will be purchasing it initially.

What are “big pharmacies?” Do you mean possibly “chain pharmacies” like CVS or Walgreens?

I wonder if I can receive an email as a patient from Teva Pharmaceuticals. Do they actually take the time to email individuals/patients? I’m going to email them myself and asked them to email me back.

A new concept at Teva maybe?

[b2...]

Ndc 00093321205

What are “big pharmacies?” Do you mean possibly “chain pharmacies” like CVS or Walgreens?

I wonder if I can receive an email as a patient from Teva Pharmaceuticals. Do they actually take the time to email individuals/patients? I’m going to email them myself and asked them to email me back.

A new concept at Teva maybe?

Yes mostly likely the chain pharmacies such as Cvs primarily. Walgreens is awful for teva. Don't count on them. You won't get anywhere by emailing Teva.  I'm communicating with my contact via phone. She hasn't even told her department the things she's telling me at the moment so they are really trying to keep the information private at the top.

I should also note that I'm awaiting a call back today from my contact at Teva. She's going to update me again with more details. She have me permission to tell a few people the things she's letting me know before the official release but customer service at Teva doesn't even know about this yet so don't bother calling them. They are clueless and they always have been.

I can definitely agree that customer service seems to be “clueless” as you say.

So who is that personal contact that you have? Are you speaking with someone in the official headquarters of Teva in the United States which I think is  North Wales, Pennsylvania?

[b2...]

I can definitely agree that customer service sees to be “clueless” as you say.

So who is that personal contact that you have? Are you speaking with someone in the official headquarters of Teva in the United States which I think is  North Wales, Pennsylvania?

Unfortunately, I can't give any information about who I'm talking to because that would compromise my relationship with her and then I won't be able to get more information from her.

I got a call from my Pharmacist and she looked up their orders that are coming in and Teva klonopin is on the list. According to her the arrival date is between the 9th of this, which has passed, to the 23rd of this month.  I have not received any email from Teva yet, but that is fine as long as I know it is coming back!

I live in the SouthEast, so I don't how it is being distributed through out the country.

I called my Dr and she is going to call in for the Teva brand only. I am hoping it will be here sooner than later.

Will update as soon I know more.

I hope everyone can get it soon and get back on track. :)

So Dana,

Do you also have a contact at Teva that emails you personally like Clara has?

I wouldn’t mind having my own personal contact at Teva Pharmaceuticals myself.

How did the two of you, Clara and Dana get one? It sure would help many here on BB to know that.