Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group

[Sc...]

I think most people like the teva as it is the only thing many of us ever took until it was discontinued. I know that was my situation.

NJ,

I think you’re right about that. How are your son and family doing?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [In...]

• [Du...]

• [NJ...]

• [Li...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most people like the teva as it is the only thing many of us ever took until it was discontinued. I know that was my situation.

I agree!  IMHO the same applies to folks who took generic clonazepam manufactured by Mylan.

I agree!  IMHO the same applies to folks who took generic clonazepam manufactured by Mylan.

Everyone likes the generic clonazepam they started on and were able to get for years. And now we have this big upheaval of people trying to find a substitute clonazepam. And that has proved very difficult

Povidone has nothing to do with this problem IMO!!!

NJ,

I think you’re right about that. How are your son and family doing?

My son had a good five weeks or so and now weaning off the high dose of steroids so he is faltering. He did manage to compete in ultimate frisbee the last few weeks and finished the season in a two day tournament. I am honestly a mess.  My anxiety is through the roof. I don't want to go back to the bad place again when he was so ill before starting the steroids. I am seeing a new therapist and we need to talk more about the anxiety as I feel like it is really starting to interfere with my day to day life. I am trying to be better with self care but sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day to meditate, journal, exercise and still work full time and take care of the house.

Intend hope things are okay with your daughter. I don't know where that stands. Have not visited the LHSG in a while.

NJ,

I wish they could put him  on low dose steroid therapy. When I was working, one of the supervisors there had a little girl who got very bad asthma attacks. And they had to rush her to the pediatricians office or to the hospital.

The pediatrician wanted her to go on low dose steroid therapy to prevent this happening over and over again. Her mother finally gave in, but I can’t honestly say how this all worked out since it’s been several years.

They have new treatments for this now I think that don’t involve steroids at all. I just hope you find something that works for him. This has gone for so long with him struggling that it’s hard to believe that some doctor in either New Jersey or New York cant get to the root of the problem.

I’m sure you’re coping abilities have been stretched to the limit. Talking with your therapist is a good thing for you. I’m sure all of this is interfering with your day to day life. I often feel stretched pretty thin myself. Dans jigsaw went out several weeks ago and he picked today to call Harbor Freight and ask again about the warranty on it, and the same time the tv lost the signal as I was just taking a break.

I just blew up like no ones business. So on Memorial Day, now I guess I have to run to that damn store. It’s is truly hard to handle our anxiety when things happen. Mine are stupid things, but they pile up.

Yours are definitely very serious. Well, you know I’m here for you every step of the way, and I mean that.

My youngest grandson is having a graduation ceremony this Thursday. He’s the one with Asperger’s syndrome so he’s invited Cathy. I guess we’ll see her there. Our conversation on the phone and by email have proven to be very upsetting. I just don’t know where she’s at with this behcets  disease., but I think we’ll find out. The last time we spoke she said this boyfriend of hers was killed in Syria.

Keep in touch as you can.

[6f...]
Teva is bringing back the old version! Just called Teva to confirm. Please call them and tell them we need it asap 888-838-2872. Let them know how much we need it. Maybe it will come out sooner if they get tons of requests. I'm so excited. I'm dying on the actavis.

[6f...]
More on Teva: they are bringing back the old version because of demand, probably this summer. Keep calling them to make sure you let them know how important it is to release it for the people who are suffering on actavis and other brands.

Teva is bringing back the old version! Just called Teva to confirm. Please call them and tell them we need it asap 888-838-2872. Let them know how much we need it. Maybe it will come out sooner if they get tons of requests. I'm so excited. I'm dying on the actavis.

We shall see is all I can say.

[6f...]

We shall see is all I can say.

Teva already officially confirmed it. You can call them and talk to them about it.....

I called them too this morning.He said yes they are bringing it back and said to call back in 4 weeks to know more about when it would be available.

I called Teva also just now at 1:20 pm. Was told to call back in July to see when teva tab is coming back.

So let’s not celebrate just yet. Teva just settled a major lawsuit over several pharmaceutical companies providing opioids to Oklahoma w/o making anyone aware of the addictive qualities.

And more lawsuits are to come.

I’m going to continue to research this as it’s all over NPR, CNN and other stock market sites.

NJ,

I wish they could put him  on low dose steroid therapy. When I was working, one of the supervisors there had a little girl who got very bad asthma attacks. And they had to rush her to the pediatricians office or to the hospital.

The pediatrician wanted her to go on low dose steroid therapy to prevent this happening over and over again. Her mother finally gave in, but I can’t honestly say how this all worked out since it’s been several years.

They have new treatments for this now I think that don’t involve steroids at all. I just hope you find something that works for him. This has gone for so long with him struggling that it’s hard to believe that some doctor in either New Jersey or New York cant get to the root of the problem.

I’m sure you’re coping abilities have been stretched to the limit. Talking with your therapist is a good thing for you. I’m sure all of this is interfering with your day to day life. I often feel stretched pretty thin myself. Dans jigsaw went out several weeks ago and he picked today to call Harbor Freight and ask again about the warranty on it, and the same time the tv lost the signal as I was just taking a break.

I just blew up like no ones business. So on Memorial Day, now I guess I have to run to that damn store. It’s is truly hard to handle our anxiety when things happen. Mine are stupid things, but they pile up.

Yours are definitely very serious. Well, you know I’m here for you every step of the way, and I mean that.

My youngest grandson is having a graduation ceremony this Thursday. He’s the one with Asperger’s syndrome so he’s invited Cathy. I guess we’ll see her there. Our conversation on the phone and by email have proven to be very upsetting. I just don’t know where she’s at with this behcets  disease., but I think we’ll find out. The last time we spoke she said this boyfriend of hers was killed in Syria.

Keep in touch as you can.

Intend,

Thank you for your kind words. My coping skills are definitely stretched to the limit. I think we are good with a doctor it's just that my son still doesn't have enough of the clinical signs of Crohn's disease, which is what we think it is. I think we really just need to wait until he gets worse, so that the inflammation in his colon and small intestines are more visible, and then he will get better treatment. And that just sucks. They may put him next on a steroid that works in the digestive tract so has less systemic risk than prednisone. And I am having some PTSD type issues as my sister nearly died from her Crohn's disease. So his disease is "triggering" me in many ways. Plus he had a stroke as a baby and we went through many, many years of doctor visits, PT/OT, speech, etc. and it was exhausting then. To have to do this all over again feels overwhelming to me.

And of course it's never just one thing. My mom with Parkinson's fell and broke her hip two months ago and still has an infected wound on her leg. She is on IV antibiotics and is in a nursing home. This is her third or fourth round of antibiotics. Showing signs of dementia. This is also the first summer my older son has not been with us at home, which is also hard. And at 50, this periomenopause stuff is kicking my butt in major ways.

I know many on here have a lot on their plate and can still taper and I have no idea of how they do it. I am barely hanging on even with my updoses.

I hope you can connect with Cathy and get more information with her illness. That has got to be hard. Thinking of you and Dan.

NJ,

I’m glad you are good with your doctor. At some point, your son will hopefully show those signs in his digestive tract.

That almost sounds counterintuitive to wish that would happen, but when something like this is wrong, we want treatment for it as soon as possible. The more localized steroids would most likely help him so I do hope the signs start to show up.

You are going through so much that it is amazing. I do think you’re in good hands, and those days of therapy for him as a baby are over. I am hoping that this problem will completely show up soon, and he get on with his treatment.

Sounds like your mom is in good hands, although I’ve always heard that it’s best to keep a good eye on these nursing homes to make sure everything is up to snuff. I hope she’s moved closer to you than that 4 hour drive.

All my “hormonal life,” I tended to be a bit moody, and a bit difficult maybe, but when I lost those hormones (or however this works), I felt so much better. A few hot flashes, and it was over. I’m glad it didn’t clink up against this benzo situation. I might have already started on Xanax; just can’t remember. I was a bit early with menopause-probably 48-49.

It would be comforting to have your older son come home for at least several weeks in the summer. He must be enjoying his time away. They grow up way too fast as far as I’m concerned. My memories of those 2 little girls is clear as a bell.

It’s just never ideal in life. Both Mary and Cathy got married too early just like Dan and I did. And I know that Mary’s not happy since she moved to Sacramento. She called me this morning as she was driving to her new job. It is hard to know about Cathy, but I do hope we see her on Thursday.

I just hope that this Bahchets has not progressed. It scares me like your your sons condition frightens you and your husband.

You must keep me updated on your son, and I will let you know about Cathy.

Intend, yes, I always enjoy corresponding with you! Take good care of yourself.

How are you and your son NJ.  I read they were going to let the inflammatory show up so that they can finally diagnose, is that right?  Love Mary ♥️

[6f...]
This thread is becoming a place to hang out and and discuss private matters that are off topic. Pretty cool  So today I plan on going hiking and then going swimming. But before that, I'm going to sit in bed all morning and listen to Lana Del Rey, probably drink lemon water, then celery juice to detox. Then I will walk my dog around my gorgeous luxury apartment complex. If I forget anything, I'll make another post about it

[6f...]
Oh. So my dog needs his nails cut so I will take him to pet smart to be groomed. Also I need an oil change for my car. My husband will take care of me all day because he's amazing. I'll probably call my Dad who has a horrible illness called akylosing spondalitis, the most painful and the worst condition on the planet. I'll post more about his condition soon.

[6f...]
Yeah, so everyone, how is everyone in your family doing today? I expect a full update on each and every member!

[6f...]
Also, don't forget to make a separate post about each member so we can get email notifications every time.

Not very nice.  People here have been for a long time.  Sorry you find it lacking but you could always start another of your own.  Be well.

Also, don't forget to make a separate post about each member so we can get email notifications every time.

Has to be said to ignore someone who is really struggling to cope with her son's illness all because it is off topic is really not very humane in my personal opinion.As l know the person who started this thread she wouldn't do that either.l would have to agree with Free start another thread if the members here are offending you so much.As for lntend l have to say she has brought more information to this group than any other member.

[08...]

Please stop being rude, ClaraBrahms.

If you don’t care for this support thread then move on, and if you don’t want to receive emails, you can Unnotify just as easily as you requested Notify in the first place.

This thread is becoming a place to hang out and and discuss private matters that are off topic. Pretty cool  So today I plan on going hiking and then going swimming. But before that, I'm going to sit in bed all morning and listen to Lana Del Rey, probably drink lemon water, then celery juice to detox. Then I will walk my dog around my gorgeous luxury apartment complex. If I forget anything, I'll make another post about it

Not really, Clara. This support group was started by Scardie who is one of the many thousands of people in the US who have been affected by the discontinuation of Teva Pharmaceuticals generic version of Klonopin. These are people who live in states from Florida to California and all states in between. People like you, Clara.

Scaredie was a brand new member when she started this group, and she was so upset about this discontinuation that she went from support group to support group asking for help and information. And because the news about this had affected so many, people quickly joined in to express their dismay, concern, and to tell others what they knew. Phone numbers to Teva were given, and many called Teva, including me, and the email address to Teva was also given and many used that also and emailed Teva including me. This thread is almost a year old now, Clara, and there is no way I can tell everyone’s story about this discontinuation and how it has affected them, but I can suggest you read it from the very beginning.

And NJ is a member who was here from the very beginning also because this discontinuation affected her also. Once again, I encourage you to read this group from the very beginning of it since you seem to have enough time on your hands to make these comments. NJ is hardly even here anymore because in this past year, her younger son has become extremely sick, and now that consumes all parts of her life as you’ve read. She is also a member of the Long Hold Support Group, but hasn’t been able to post there much either. So when we see her, we want to know how she and her son and family are doing.

And you’ve asked a few questions about the discontinuation yourself, Clara. The phone number you gave yesterday was given out by other members a year ago. Frankly, this is such a serious thread because of the subject matter, it scares me when I see it come up on my replies list because I know another BB has either just found out about this discontinuation or is so sick from trying to make another version of generic clonazepam work for them that they are really struggling. Isn’t that the reason that you’ve posted here?

Yesterday, you called Teva and got very happy and excited that they were going to start manufacturing their generic clonazepam again. And what did I do? I called teva myself again, but then I found out from another BB that Teva had just settled one of numerous lawsuits that have been in the works for a couple of years now. So I then started reading numerous articles about these lawsuits. I read CNN, NPR, Investors Business Daily, Fierce Pharma, Healthcare Finance News, CNBC, Yahoo Finance, CBS, Physicians Weekly, and maybe that’s it. Seems like I read others, but I read so many that I can’t remember. Those could be interesting articles for you to read also as you will then understand what Teva is up against as they struggle to survive. And it’s not the best news I’ve read. So as I said yesterday, don’t celebrate the possible bringing back of teva clonazepam just yet.

My husband takes numerous medications for a disabling injury, and when I pick up those medications, I always check to see if one of then is still made by Teva because then I know that Teva is still “alive,”and it makes me feel better. And the last time I picked up those meds, the pharmacist notified me that another one of them had a substitution manufacturer for that one time, so I asked who the manufacturer was, and it was Actavis. That made me feel better also because Teva owns the

Actavis company so once again, I thought “oh thank goodness; Teva is still alive and still manufacturing. Well, that’s about it for right now, Clara. Hope you have a good day today, and if you have the time, read this group from the beginning and read those articles about the Teva company.

Reality does bite and bites hard. And if I or Stut or free or Mary want to take a moment to talk with NJ, we will.

This group is no “hangout spot.” You hang out if you want, but I don’t hang out here-I try to help people here.

lmao! but you are very correct, i sort of hate having ever commented on threads where that kind of banter goes on because it wastes my time each day when i could be doing other things...but once you comment on a thread you receive the "new replies" thing so it makes you stop and go check to see if it's a valuable comment on the topic ...maybe something that could help other people suffering the same or concerned with the same topic of the thread/board...and then it ends up being a "hi so and so how's your cat doing?" comment which wasted a few seconds of clicking on the board and scrolling to the comment and reading it and then the little aggravation it causes at having wasted my time reading it when it could've been sent to the person involved as a PM ...it seems trivial until you multiply that scenario by however many times a day it happens...and it DOES add up! i'm sick of it. my time is precious. i love the comments on topic for each thread/board but hate the ones that waste my time and should be posted in other thread/boards appropriate to the subject at hand. like "OFF TOPIC" "Just For Fun"..."Buddie Blogs" etc.  i like to chit chat with certain members as well, but in PM's not wasting others' time everyday with posting it publicly. your posts following this one made me laugh out loud! finally somebody said it and made the dang point! i've been thinking it for a long time.

on that note, now i think i'll go worry some more about my first world problems, like how i'm out of my particular brand of low glycemic artificial sweetener so i can't make my homemade version of WTRMLNWTR, and what am i going to do for exercise since it's raining today and i can't go lay out and work on my tan, i mean get my vitamin D3....and then i guess i'll come back here to check and see if anyone posted anything useful for my taper/WD  process.. but then i'll get really bummed out because there was only posts about what song has the word eggplant in it and what celebrity is in rehab/detox or just died from one of the drugs i take and maybe how awful someone's SXS are because surprise surprise they CT'd off of one or more meds and now they wanna know how long the suffering will last or what they can do to avoid the SXS their CT caused...ad nauseum infinitum. poor me, just a first world junkie.  what if my problems were actually catastrophic like most of the world's citizens are?

like, oh maybe not having a home or not having any clean drinking water or being close to diseases without any medicines available, or not having enough food, or not having any transportation, not having any hospitals, having to work the land, crop failures and low mortality and birth rates...gee wonder if they even think about, maybe even dream about the luxury of living where they'd have grass to mow and a house to make payments on and wonder how clean the crystal clear water coming out of every faucet in the home is and having to stand in confusion before the shampoo aisle because of the massive amount of choices...do i want vanilla gardenia extra moisturizing or manuka honey with marula oil that's cruelty free? they probably never even dream of the luxury of having so many medicines to choose from to escape these first world problems of anxiety and depression and all our other first world problems. our anxiety and depression etc compared to theirs... yeah. reality check. but this is not a gratitutde thread. this is supposed to be the "Teva Clonazapam discontinued group" supposed to be is the key phrase there. so let me make this more relevant.

i started out with Brand name Klonopin. now it's trendy to be on it. seems everyone is, or on some variant of it. only the wealthy seem to be able to afford the real thing, as most of the street versions are made from generics now. here's a perfect example of how the Brand K has become pop culture:

https://www.amazon.com/PillBling-Klonopin-Earrings-Handmade/dp/B07F9PTTC2

U2Gk00b.jpg

"I handmade each of these earrings from a real Klonopin pill that I cast in sterling silver. I then soldered the jump rings on the top of each pill, and attached ear wires to each one. They are true to the pill, and completely 3D. The earrings are approximately 5/16 inch (9 mm) in diameter. This purchase includes a small Sunshine polishing cloth and comes nicely packaged in a gift box, ready for gifting. Be sure to check out my shop for more of my PillBling!"

GV9jj9A.jpgPEtEwOd.jpg

however i am not that wealthy, (although i have 2 lawns to mow, a house to make payments on and a full stocked pantry and 2 fridges and electric,water hot n cold, many cabinets full of medicines, access to many hospitals doctors emergency care centers within 2miles of my house, cellphone, internet wifi, netflix and amazon prime, and charter cable, and...oh wait i guess that makes me pretty frikkin wealthy then doesn't it? oh but anyways, i'm on generic clonazepam, who knows the manufacturer this time, there've been so many, and i've been on it for so long i know most of the manufacturer abbreviations now. Accord, Actavis, Solco,Mylan,Teva, Lupin?, i lost count but yeah. the really "cool kids" have Brand K. whatevs. i just want off the stuff. i don't care how anyone's cat or cousin or car is doing, i just want info that helps me get off this stuff.

maybe after reading my  timewasteful post, others will catch the drift, get the point, and do the same as far as not posting irrelevant stuff ...but's let's be real, that's not gonna happen. BB will continue to send me "new replies to my posts" that have nothing at all to do with my posts. LOL!!! until they fix it where we can unsub to the threads that have become boring or irrelevant to us, we'll all just have to keep wading through the superfluous posts until we find the juicy bits, the really good stuff, the whole reason most of us joined this board. looking for better ways to get off these drugs. 

nomoredrugsforme,

This is a serious thread, and I do not have time to waste reading your rambling post. You can read this support group from the very beginning or don’t read it at all.

Why don’t you you and Clara start your own support group together?

Or alternatively, consult with the administrators at the Helpdesk as Leslie Ash has suggested and find out how to Unnotify so you will no long get these reply’s on your reply list.

I could care less about all your food, your home, your mortgage, and whatever else you mentioned, and I REALLY don’t care about Jewelry made from Klonopin pills.

Please go to to the Helpdesk and find out how to get off this support group. It seems, in my opinion, you have little to add to it.

Would you like me to help you get to the Helpdesk? I can do that very easily.