Too much!!!

[Su...]

Insomnia just started bothering me one week ago. I'm sleeping like 5 hours a night. Hope it resolves soon.

I just don't want anxiety or depression. With these gone, I can handle the rest. And fortunately, these have decreased :-)

CuriousGUY,

I would LOVE to have 5 hours sleep!! I could handle ALL the rest of this torture chamber if I could sleep. How long did you not sleep? And when did you start sleeping?

Su2b10 does raise some very good points.  It seems like nervous system sensitivity will always be an issue for some of us.  I’ve had to have surgery...no option and things were setback in a terrible way.  My system is super super sensitive.  I can take a speck, literally a speck of remeron and it knocks me

Out, I’m loopy and agitated for hours.  Everything is intensified in my system.  Everything is amplified to 10000.  I can’t live like this.

It’s horrible, I can’t eat ANYTHING without my brain freaking out.  Total chaos.  I fought so hard to do the things I thought would be enhancing my quality of life by getting me off the Benzo only to have a much worse quality of life.  I can’t go shopping, I can’t drive, I can’t talk to my friends on the phone, can’t interact with those I love,  I don’t feel LOVE and we all thrive on LOVE.  Speaking for myself the trade off hasn’t been worth it.  Maybe I made mistakes in this process.  Maybe I’m doing something wrong now, I don’t know.  My journey has been off the charts.  I NEED to believe we do get better, ALL of us NEED to believe that we do get better.  For me, and I’m only speaking for myself and my experience it has not had the benefit that I had hoped.  I feel like I’m running to stand still.

Ditto!

Wow, My CNS system is in Havoc. I hope all the success stories are true and we all can be healed at some point. It sucks that you are having some much sleep issues. It seems the Trazadone is working for me but I am trying ween for that drug. Taking 200mg is too much but it seems at night some shit show breaks out with my family and my broken knee starts throbbing I yearn for sedation and ease.

The Gabapentin I am taking doesn't feel like its doing anything for me but my mind wants it because it thinks it might help with my symptoms. I am weening slowly off them too. Dr says one step at a time.

5-10 years WTF, I so want to drink socially again smoke weed drink multiple cups of coffee not have this non-stop buzzing. Keep fighting that's what I say every day!!!!

I reinstated at a low dose. I wish I hadn’t because it hasn’t got rid of the symptoms and now I have to taper down again.

I would LOVE to have 5 hours sleep!! I could handle ALL the rest of this torture chamber if I could sleep. How long did you not sleep? And when did you start sleeping?

Su,

I have struggled with severe anxiety and depression, but insomnia hasn't been much of a problem for me. Usually, I can fall asleep easily. The problem is then that I wake up very early and might not be able to fall asleep again. I go to bed at 11pm-12pm. Sometimes I wake up at 3 am, at other times at 5 am, and in the good days at 6 am.

I reinstated at a low dose. I wish I hadn’t because it hasn’t got rid of the symptoms and now I have to taper down again.

You need to reinstate the same dose in order to get rid of the symptoms. At a lower dose, symptoms might get better, but never disappear. The brain needs the old dose to work normally.  Also, you might have to wait on a specific level, until the body adjust itself a bit to it.

I hope that your symptoms at least lessened in intensity.

I took me OVER a year to start feeling any better, and even after that, I didnt feel truly well til I had reached my 4th year. Keep in mind that I was on HUGE doses of Klonapin AND Ambian AND antidepressant. AND I went cold turkey, to boot.

Each person is different in how their mind and body handle this WD stuff. Some get lucky and some dont. I wasnt and I guess you arent either. But that does NOT mean you are hopeless in any way. In fact, if you make it through, this could be the absolute best thing that ever happened to you. It was for me. Going through WD was - without a doubt - the hardest and worst thing I have ever done. I didnt think it would ever end, I thought I had gone insane, I thought I was - well, without hope. But I hung on and now it has been 6  years and I feel quite okay. I started feeling better at maybe two years out and it slowly got better and better.

Do not compare yourself to me or anyone else. We are all different. What is true for me wont be true for you.

I would not reinstate. I would just learn to deal with all those crazy symptoms, hang on tight, and let it all unfold as it will. Keep educating yourself. WHY do we have these weird symptoms??? Knowing more about this will help you greatly. It did for me. To me, reinstating is like admitting that benzos control you instead of you controlling yourself.

much love to you, Annie

Annie...I appreciate and give you props for the completion to healing. I would not even entertain the idea of reinstatement if I had no pre existing health issues to be dealing with.

Unfortunately, for as you described me in your comment, I am not lucky. I have just completed a cancer surgery and chemo about one year ago. I may not have 5 years even if I did not have to deal with this. The thought of spending any more of my borrowed time in torture dealing with this kinda complicated the decision process for me. I hope you can understand and possibly relate to where I am coming from.

I wish you many more healthy and happy Benzo free years.

I went through cancer and chemo during raging pain and other things.

I think (just my opinion) that when you stay in acute so long,  over 6 months, it is extreme damaging in your CNS. I mean, people say the pain is healing. No, it’s damage. Tinnitus is not healing, it is damage. And not sleeping past 6 months starts to be very damaging also. If you are lucky enough to start seeing some relief around 5 6 months and sleep return, I think you get a good success with small enough CNS damage to make a full recovery.

You are wrong because you do not believe pain is because the gaba receptor are not working correctly. You have as much time as any of the rest of us who have put in years. To get to the point where we are fully healed. Pain does not damage, tinnitus is not permanent, lack of sleep for years is not damaging and the high anxiety is not damaging. I have lived past all of this hell and you will to. We who have had years of hell and lived to tell about it know time is the healer. Just like the people told me years ago and I believed them. The new ones on here want a quick fix and none exist.

I think (just my opinion) that when you stay in acute so long,  over 6 months, it is extreme damaging in your CNS. I mean, people say the pain is healing. No, it’s damage. Tinnitus is not healing, it is damage. And not sleeping past 6 months starts to be very damaging also. If you are lucky enough to start seeing some relief around 5 6 months and sleep return, I think you get a good success with small enough CNS damage to make a full recovery.

You are wrong because you do not believe pain is because the gaba receptor are not working correctly. You have as much time as any of the rest of us who have put in years. To get to the point where we are fully healed. Pain does not damage, tinnitus is not permanent, lack of sleep for years is not damaging and the high anxiety is not damaging. I have lived past all of this hell and you will to. We who have had years of hell and lived to tell about it know time is the healer. Just like the people told me years ago and I believed them. The new ones on here want a quick fix and none exist.

Love it Rose!!! Way to put me in my place!!! I do pray, sometimes every second of the day and night.  I hope you are right and I/we will all heal. That fact is sometimes hard to hold onto when the torture does not seem to be letting up. I’m sure you can understand. Peace be with you...

Love it Rose!!! Way to put me in my place!!! I do pray, sometimes every second of the day and night.  I hope you are right and I/we will all heal. That fact is sometimes hard to hold onto when the torture does not seem to be letting up. I’m sure you can understand. Peace be with you...

Hold on it is painful till the end but it is worth it. Peace to you also.