Alcohol binge during withdrawal. Feeling horrible

[Be...]

It's been 3.2 weeks since I drank 5.5 beers, while living with a busted, jacked up fifth toe with two fracture and possible soft tissue damage. I had to join lifetime fitness and start swimming with a pull buoy and using a stationary bike and using machines for weights to reverse a sickening depression. I feel toxic overload from taking too many drugs as well and had to start tapering everything again after a bad experience from increasing gabapentin to 1800mg and phenibut to 3g. I'm taking about 100mg of tianeptine sulfate too. I'm lowering everything now and started an anti-inflammation/cancer diet that is ridiculously clean. Basically, fighting for my life here it seems. I can't blame it all on the beer but it pretty much destroyed me and led me down this path and gave me horrific symptoms that felt worse than the acute I felt when I first jumped off benzos back in October....I shit you not....way worse. Everything became nightmarish after drinking the beer: my toe developed a positional deformity and seems like it isn't healing, I started smoking more cigarettes until I had a nervous breakdown and quit a week ago, started taking more meds but lowered them after it made me feel worse and sicker. The gym and this diet will put me in the right direction though but this is going to take an intense effort on my part. I feel like I'm running out of chances here. I don't want to take synthetic drugs anymore or meds. I just want to recover. I have flumazenil coming in the mail though along with the IV ports. I have to quit tianeptine before I can try it because I'm not taking a chance since flumazenil interacts with TCAs like amitriptyline. I need to get healthy first too before I attempt it and that will probably take a few weeks or longer. There is a thread in other meds called Flumazenil and Pain that I will update once I'm ready to give it a go more than likely within the next 30 days. I want to take a more aggressive approach to getting off gabapentin and phenibut asap. I feel like I just need to lower the dosages because it feels toxic. Hopefully eating better and swimming will save me.

Hey everyone still doing well. I believe taking nyquil has set me back a little. Seems like im internally jittery and feel anxious and twitchy. Hopefully it will subside. CBD oil has been my saving grace. That and intense strenuous exercise.

I don't think you guys have had as bad withdrawal as me. I have even a sip of beer and I'll go into an extreme wave for months. This group sucks  >:(

I don't think you guys have had as bad withdrawal as me. I have even a sip of beer and I'll go into an extreme wave for months. This group sucks  >:(

So sorry you're suffering Hootie99.  This group does not suck, I think it's very informative and helpful to others who are going through the same thing.  I also believe that declaring one's withdrawal as much worse than that of other people is very unfair.  Many of us suffer very severely, but opt not to complain and look for the positive.  Hope you feel better soon.

Hootie, it could also be that your CNS is just very sensitive to alcohol. Mine may be as well (almost a 3-month alcohol-induced wave), but I'm not going to test those waters again to find out. Unlike yourself, though, I have to be very careful with eating sugar, chocolate, or even the slightest amounts of caffiene. Just a few sips of regular coffee will send me into a wild tailspin of anxiety. I'm also pretty certain that having sugar-loaded treats last week and over the weekend sent me into yet another wave this week.

But hey......we're all in this together. I most certainly don't wish any of this crap onto anyone else, but I do find it somewhat comforting to have you guys along on this crazy ride.

Trust me I can't tolerate any sugar either. I can tolerate tiny amounts but the second I have cookie or something I feel like absolute hell. Dizzy, blurred vision, anxiety, nauseous. I'm wasting away. I can't eating anything. Everything says how sick I look. Maybe I have cancer. This is hell.

I felt decent yesterday because I ate like a bird. I had a window for about half the day but then I had an apple and started feeling like crap again.

Well, we'll eventually get over to the other side. If you think there's something going on other than withdrawal, though, please get it checked out. At 64, I've been having a ton of unusual heart palpitations - some very frightening strong ones - so I'm currently wearing a holter monitor along with having some other tests done. It's more than likely due to withdrawal, but I just need the peace of mind that I won't be keeling over and dropping dead anytime soon.

Update* I'm almost back to normal but I have this weird muscle spasm tremor going on in each foot. It comes and goes. Anyone else. It's like a little electric shock like someone hooked up a small 10watt battery to my foot

Hootie, was yours involuntary muscle twitches? Like my hand or foot muscle will kind of flex on its own really quickly but only once. Like a little zap. That and my forehead muscles moving every once and a while and those are my last symptoms.

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE***

Hey everyone. Ive been doing pretty good. Still have the occasional forehead muscle twitch thing and have cognitive issues which is my main thing im dealing with. I feel like I cant find words to say and I forget things I should be remembering. Anyone have a time frame for when you start remembering things again? I know its different for everyone. Anyways thanks for everyone help!

• 1 month later...
UPDATE***** So ive been doing ok then i had a really bad stomach flu thing and my anxiety is back in full force. Im having bad gas pains and bathroom problems. I believe it is anxiety induced IBS. Im going to doctors tomorrow for my yearly checkup. Hopefully they can shed some light but we all know how doctors are about our benzo withdrawal issues... Ugh i just want to feel normal. Its been 5 months and i had a few alcohol setbacks but its "better" Ill let everyone know how it goes tomorrow.