Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Anyone else

[nh...]

So you have not taken benzos in almost a year? No alcohol for 5 months? Is that right? What about any other health problems or medications you are on if you feel comfortable talking about it? Lifestyle circumstances? These are all factors. Sorry for all the questions.

Anyone else feel like there is constant adrenaline pumping all day? Feeling shaky and jittery all day for a long time? I can't calm down I have constant anxiety all day every day idk anymore please help

I have had these symptoms a long long time...still searching for a crutch to get me through. I am still on 5mg V.  I'm not vegan but diet is pretty clean.  I don't eat anything out of a can or box.  No artificial anything.  Low glutamate.  Lots of fruit/veggies.  Feeling shaky and jittery begins as soon as I wake up and doesn't stop till I go back to sleep so I feel your pain.  Having this 24/7 is unbearable I know and any kind of distraction doesn't seem to help.  I have been researching this and I'm wondering if this symptom is actually Internal Akathisia.  There is not much info on this but it includes the most severe anxiety with the inability to relax or stay still.  To me it feels like RLS(restless leg syndrome) but in my whole body.  I just want to jump out of my skin.  I'm looking up Medications now because I'm so desperate for some relief.  I know we are getting this because of withdrawal but the medical community has known about this symptom for a long time.  Apparently 40% of people on anti-psychotics develop it also.

So do you think that bc if how hard withdrawal is on our bodies that it causes long term side effects like this? That seems very possible. I keep hearing that we will heal and recover. Is this just a case where recovery is taking longer, or has this caused other permanent problems?:/

I do believe that, when benzodiazepines are taken long term (over 4 months), they stop being just anxyolitics or sedatives, and do actually have anti-psychotic qualities. They dampen down the dopamine levels in the brain, so it's not a surprise that the uptick of dopamine (which is an important chemical in a risk/reward/intuition type thinking) during tolerance, withdrawal, and post withdrawal can cause a lot of creepy symptoms that may resemble some mild psychotic-type reactions. Even Dr. Ashton herself said that the abrupt stoppage of benzodiazepines can cause psychotic reactions.

The head pain is awful. I've noticed that I've been dehydrating myself. Not on purpose..it's weird. At the end of everyday, I realize I've only had a few sips of water for the day. That's not heathy and I know it. I don't know why I keep doing this to myself. Water is so important. Our brains need lots of it.I think that contributes to this pain. Anyone else relate to that?

Head pressure I wish I only had that I get these migraine type things all day every day. All I can feel is my heart racing and my stomach feeling like I did 1000 situps at one time because of the cramping.

I get daily migraines too,but it is not so intense and constant as it was few months ago.

Try put an heating pad over forehead,neck and jaws. Try some massage also.

Epsom salt bath is good too, I used to rub little of the salt on forehead,neck,jaws.

how long have you been off benzos?

Was a drinker and had small instatement last January for three weeks which did nothing but make me worse I'm on my tenth month sober still feel like I'm on my death bed

• 1 year later...

I have had migraines for over 40 years. One thing I do know is that becoming dehydrated will make things worse. I fill up my water bottle a couple of times a day and carry it with me so I am sure to drink enough water. Make it a habit. Dehydration also contributes to muscle aches.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Kr...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Be...]
    • [Fa...]
    • [ba...]
    • [Li...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Em...]
    • [...]
    • [fa...]
    • [...]