Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Essential Website Maintenance

[Co...]

Essential Website Maintenance

This Monday, 24th July, 2017, we will be performing some essential website maintenance.

The situation is somewhat forced upon us by the webhost scheduling upgrades to their server software. Because of some potential (and indeterminable) software conflicts with BB systems and software, we have elected to preempt the forced upgrade, take a few sensible precautions and manually upgrade. In the event of software incompatibilities, this should allow us to more easily recover.

The forum will be down for at least a couple of hours, but if there are complications, it may take 24 hours or more to complete. Please do not concern yourself about this scheduled outage. It will be temporary.

Maintenance/upgrade scheduled to commence Monday, 24 July, 2017 at 2PM (BST), 3PM (CET), 9AM (EST), 6AM (PST).

Thank you.

[04...]

colin,

is running this website expensive? if yes, where do you get the funds from? if you need funds, i would like to donate. you are welcome to bifurcate this into a new thread or ignore it.

Thanks for the heads-up, Colin. I know many of us, like vineet, would donate if you needed funds to operate the website.

Katz

Hello vineet2 and oregonkatz,

Thank you for your kind offers of help, but I've never taken donations for the upkeep of BB. Although BB is rather large forum, and the costs of running the website has risen over the years, they are still manageable.

Again, thank you.

Colin.

Colin, I wouldn't have survived and held on during my withdrawal without this website. I am convinced it is the only reason I was able to come off Ativan successfully. Please let us know if you ever need help! So appreciative!