Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Any phone support groups here?

[...]

Would ppl appreciate if i set up an anonymous phone line?

Where you call in a general number; no one sees your number. Like a hotline. And we can meet up by phone once a week or so.

Nony,

I'm not sure if the mods/admins are going to allow this thread, given the forum policies about phone numbers and personal information, but if you do get this off the ground, I'd be willing to volunteer to man the help line.  We desperately need something in the US like they have in the UK.  Maybe you can reach out to Colin or Challis. 

Sofa

Nony,

Sofa is correct in that we disallow sharing of personal information on the forum, including phone numbers.

The internet, being what it is, is not always a safe a secure place. Years ago there was a group that set up a phone line off the forum, recruiting members from BB. This was against forum rules and policies.  It didn't work out and those who sought to harm or scare fragile people got involved and the whole project imploded. 

The reason we work to keep everyone anonymous is for their safety and security. There is no way to vet the people involved in a phone line type of situation. 

We can not, out of concern for the security of our members, sanction any such endeavor. 

I will bring this up with Colin and ask him to weigh in with his feelings, opinions.

pianogirl

Pianogirl,

Given what happened in the past, I can definitely see how something like this could go in a bad direction.  How did organizations like BAT and BTP and Baylissa get started without these problems?  Or did they have similar situations arise?

Sofa

Would ppl appreciate if i set up an anonymous phone line?

Where you call in a general number; no one sees your number. Like a hotline. And we can meet up by phone once a week or so.

If you're looking for an anonymous hotline where you can just talk to someone, you can alway call the Samaritans NYC number. They are a well-established organization and are anonymous, as they do not track phone calls. It's a busy line though, so you do have to be persistent. But, I'd give them a try if you want to talk to someone.

http://samaritansnyc.org/

Thanks, pals.

But i was thinking of a line that you can talk on without sharing your phone number. There are these hotlines you can set up online. No one has to see your number, I think. I'm not sure.