What's your favorite gag from The Simpsons??

[Yo...]

Some of those puppets are indeed creepy. Pause it on 13:11. That's one ugly kid.

Supercar's driver reminds me a little of the dad on Modern Family...

[e9...]
Funny stuff; I'll have to find something to share soon...kid does look a little "off" like me in w/d

"Mitch" the monkey is the only reason to watch. I can bring it back to The Simpsons by quoting creator Matt Groening. When asked why there were so many monkey gags on the show, he answered: "monkeys are comedy gold!".

Itchy & Scratchy were definitely an ultra violent take on Tom & Jerry. I look back on T&J and think, "wow, that was a violent, mean-spirited show!". I think we were supposed to root for Jerry, but he was the antagonist to me. I always wanted Jerry to get it, even watching it as a kid!

You might remember The Simpsons parodied this when Bart and Lisa watch an episode where Scratchy's supposed to finally get his revenge, but miss it cuz someone—can't remember who—unplugs the TV!

What was your favorite cartoon aimed at girls HTC? I can remember My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake, Jem, She-Ra...

I admit to watching She-Ra cuz it was related to He-Man. In the '90s my secret pleasure was watching Sailor Moon.  :)

[e9...]
Lord, I'll have to check my memory bank...Cartoons I watched growing up though were Superfriends, The Littles, Ghostbusters (the cartoon), Smurfs, Care bears, Scooby Doo, ...can't think of gender specific-it was a mixed bag for me

Watched all of those, except I'm not sure I've ever heard of The Littles!

Loved the Smurfs. Fave episode is when they trick Astrosmurf into thinking he's on another planet!

[e9...]
You have a good memory; I don't remember that episode...don't remember much lately anyway....I'd have to really think back for that one...

Is that your brain fog?

I'm told I have a memory like a steel trap, so I remember all these silly little things.

[e9...]
I think so; I don't believe you're really in withdrawal....you're far too happy...but that's a good sign that you'll survive this holy hell....Let me see what I can dig up from YouTube to send..

We're supposed to be here to "accentuate the positive", right?

Spreading a little humor is just about the only positive in my day. I'm going to be attempting my second taper soon, and the truth is I'm pretty scared of what other sxs might be waiting.

Of course you'll survive, in part cuz you have a healthy sense of humor too. You'll come out of this a dynamo and you won't be able to stop smiling.  :)

Wow that's a lot of Saturday morning commercial memories!! So hungry for cereal! My fave cereal was probably Lucky Charms, and it was fun looking forward to the new marshmallow shapes they'd add. I think the first one was purple horseshoes!

Right now I have Fruit Loops in the kitchen...

[e9...]
Thank you for the encouragement but I've suffered while on the meds daily (thinking I was in tolerance) and now off..just no windows...I'm glad you have a good sense of humor...and yes, the cereals were great....I always favored Apple Jacks myself..

There's someone I admire over on the dizziness support thread named Lapis. She's in protracted withdrawal and is suffering the tortures of the damned. But every day she shows up and jokes and writes these thoughtful messages and responses. You might wonder if she's for real too. If she didn't admit how terribly she was suffering from time to time, there'd be no way of knowing. She might inspire you.

[e9...]
Thank you...I think that those who take a positive approach come out on top of this and then others, who wallow like I tend to...may find themselves suffering longer or worse....Today has been one of those days for me-the doom and gloom "I won't make another day of this"...praying for better coping skills....I'll have to follow some of her posts...thanks again...and I like the new profile pic

This thread is hanging by a thread anyway. Time to let it go. Join us on the dizziness support group!  :thumbsup:

A positive attitude can only help, but time is the healer. It's fine to wallow and cry...necessary, even. We're not robots, and even they break down!

Anything I say will sound trite and probably ring hollow, but that's kinda why we're all here. To support each other with words and emojis and, yes, silliness.  :yippee:

I didn't read the whole thread, but I loved the one where Homer gets a dui. "Homer, with our help you may never drink a beer again." Homer screams and jumps out of the window, lol. And during the counseling session Homer says to himself, "I'd kill every one of you right now for one sweet, golden drop of beer!"

[3d...]

Hey does anyone remember when The Simpsons had an album and Bart had a song "Do The Bart Man?" I do!!  I had the album, think it was called something like "Sing the Blues" anyway here is a video link...

• 3 weeks later...