CBC: "Depression eased when ketamine prescribed for pain, U.S. team finds"

[La...]

It's a lot to process Lapis, especially after your having just watched the documentaries.  Now you need to go back and intertwine your family into the story.

It disturbs me to think they were marketing drugs in this way 60 years ago  :o... 

I wonder if thalidomide was the first to be sample-packed. 

I sure am looking forward to Holly Hardman's film coming out too.  Last I heard was late 2017, but around World Benzodiazepine Awareness Day, July 11th seems like a better idea to me.

My hope is that the film makes it into Hot Docs for 2018. There's lots of publicity that goes along with that, including CBC interviews. The 2017 festival wraps up today, and this past week, I've heard many interviews with directors. Anyway, fingers crossed that it all goes well. Obviously, documentary films can touch people in ways that some other media cannot.

I just wanted to say to you both that I think that the moral of the thalidomide story is that you cannot always depend on your doctor to protect you from the worst aspects of the pharmaceutical industry. There are too many unscrupulous people out there for which the bottom line is money. What I find chilling and I'm glad your brother was saved from the worst ravages of thalidomide Lapis, is that we are still dealing with the legacy of the Nazis way into in this new century. Truly disturbing.

I remember a documentary called The Cook Report that came out here in 1988 about the makers of Ativan and this poor woman called Ada who found herself trapped in dependency. In 2017 how much further on have we got?

I hope the Holly Hardman film packs a real punch.

Yes, we've learned the hard way,  that we have to protect ourselves. 

I hope Holly's film makes it to Hot Docs.  We really need some help here to get heard.  It's well past time.  It's crazy that in this time of the internet and social media, with all the experts, journalists and victims that have weighed in and spoken out, all the studies, articles, petitions, documentaries, books, websites, pressure in the UK...that the devastation caused by psychotropic drugs is not yet widely exposed.

Found the show I watched.  It was on CTV's W5:  http://www.ctvnews.ca/w5/the-plight-of-the-thalidomide-sample-babies-who-don-t-qualify-for-gov-t-compensation-1.3176590

It came before John Zaritsky's revelations, so no mention of the Nazi connection.

I can't seem to access either of the docs- No Limits or John Zaritsky on TV without signing up for "free" 7-day trial period with my credit card and could only find trailer on CBC Doc Channel.  :-\ 

Oh darn, benzohno! It looks like they might have taken it down! Shoot! I was lucky enough to see three documentaries there, and I was hoping to watch more. I wonder why! No idea.