Please Please Please support PETITION to SCOTTISH PARLIAMENT

[lo...]

So the ideal is you sit with the journalist/broadcaster for at least an hour, you tell them your story and mention the likes of Malcolm Lader, Heather Ashton, Joanna Moncrieff, Peter Breggin, Peter Gotzsche...........etc., etc. You refer them to the relevant research and they record this info faithfully and accurately. Some time later and the article/programme comes out and it is absolutely everything you could hope for. Back in the real world...........well, you know what happens in the real world!!

You did your best Fiona in the short amount of time you had. We need the publicity for the petition. Don't know what else can be done. I can barely string a sentence together, I wish I could do half as well as you do. The interview was always going to be on their terms. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [lo...]

• [be...]

• [...]

• [...]

Thanks, pris, you are very supportive and I do appreciate it.  The last time I was interviewed was better.  Even three minutes is better than one!!  A little bit of explanation ...  they didn't even get a statement from the Scottish Govt though it would just have been the same old statement.  Guess I am just fed up.  :( :( :(  Been  a bad day!!  >:( >:(>:(

Hugs

Fiona  :smitten:

I am hoping this petition brings action in Scotland.  It will help all of us.  It is full of excellent comments.

It is.  I am so pleased we have some psychiatrists on our side.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It gives our arguments much greater credibility. 

Petitions Committee will meet in June and then we will see where it takes us.

Thanks for everyone's support.

Fiona  :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

People might want to know that the Petitions Committee meeting at the Scottish Parliament re prescribed drug dependence and withdrawal is to be held on the 29th June at approximately 9.45am. The link to the Parliament TV is:

http://www.scottishparliament.tv/Home/Index/cc33a648-0571-48fc-ac79-b26d264c950b

Anyone wanting to follow proceedings live will need to make sure they are on the webpage for Committee Room 3.

For those not able to follow the proceedings live the video recording is archived and usually published within a few hours on the Parliament TV website under 'archive'. Here's hoping for good things!

Thanks, pris.  Folk might be interested in reading the written evidence too.  Patient accounts are harrowing so avoid if likely to upset you.

People might want to know that the Petitions Committee meeting at the Scottish Parliament re prescribed drug dependence and withdrawal is to be held on the 29th June at approximately 9.45am. The link to the Parliament TV is:

http://www.scottishparliament.tv/Home/Index/cc33a648-0571-48fc-ac79-b26d264c950b

Anyone wanting to follow proceedings live will need to make sure they are on the webpage for Committee Room 3.

For those not able to follow the proceedings live the video recording is archived and usually published within a few hours on the Parliament TV website under 'archive'. Here's hoping for good things!

Thanks, Pris, would like to catch this live.  Can you confirm 9:45am - which country/time zone?

Hi abcd,

The big event is happening in Bonnie Scotland and the time zone is Greenwich Mean Time. I'm relatively sure I was told 9.45am but I will get back to you on that one or perhaps Fiona can confirm. Sorry, I have a memory like a sieve. Great if you can follow proceedings.

PS. I should add that in British Summer Time civil time is advanced one hour of Greenwich Mean Time. I hope you get all that!

Yes. 9.45 a.m. British Summer Time ... meeting lasts half an hour.

Thanks, Fiona.  So that's 4:45 a.m. EST

Chances of me being up then, not out of the question. :idiot:  Would be cool to watch it live ... I don't get out much these days. :laugh:

Me neither, abcd.  But you can watch it any time if you are not up.  This is just the first meeting, then the summer break.  Fingers crossed. 

For those not able to follow proceedings live, the video recording is archived and usually published within a few hours on the Parliament TV website under ‘archive’ and also on the YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/playlist….

The papers will be published here on Monday, 26 June:http://www.parliament.scot/…/Curre…/petitions-committee.aspx.

Thank you very much.  The interview went well, it wan't a problem for me to do it.  It will be broadcast on BBC Scotland news tomorrow night so sorry it is not available to anyone overseas.  One of the psychiatrists who is supporting our petition, Dr Peter Gordon from Scotland, is being interviewed for BBC Radio tomorrow morning.  The petitioner, Marion Brown will be interviewed tomorrow as well by BBC TV and will be on the news with me.  So we hope something good will come from this.

Very well done Fiona, so far so good. Will watch out for the BBC interview, I'm glad things went without a hitch. Lets hope for something positive from tomorrow.    :thumbsup:

Benzohno - That link should be as follow.  That is for the paperwork for the Committee members.

http://www.parliament.scot/parliamentarybusiness/CurrentCommittees/petitions-committee.aspx

This is for the live proceedings tomorrow morning, 9.45 British Summer Time, one hour ahead of GMT.

Link to Parliament TV: http://www.scottishparliament.tv/Home/Index/cc33a648-0571-48fc-ac79-b26d264c950b

Just make sure you are on the webpage for Committee Room 3.

The video recording is archived and usually published within a few hours on the Parliament TV website under ‘archive’ and also on the YouTube Channel:

Hope it goes well.

Thanks, pris.  Fingers crossed for tomorrow.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thank you very much.  The interview went well, it wan't a problem for me to do it.  It will be broadcast on BBC Scotland news tomorrow night so sorry it is not available to anyone overseas.  One of the psychiatrists who is supporting our petition, Dr Peter Gordon from Scotland, is being interviewed for BBC Radio tomorrow morning.  The petitioner, Marion Brown will be interviewed tomorrow as well by BBC TV and will be on the news with me.  So we hope something good will come from this.

:thumbsup::smitten: