Cheryl's Taper

[su...]

Hi,

Yes, get the 7.5mg tablets. You could aim to reduce your dose by 7.5mg every two weeks, and see how it goes. What would be probably better though is to reduce by half a tablet every week, that's 3.75mg. You will have to reduce the size of these reductions after a while though. Having said that, the 3.75mg (half-tablet) reductions are quite small, so you should be able to make these reductions for some time. You can begin to make smaller reductions as soon as you feel then need.

Restoril (Temazepam), has a half-life of just two hours. It would be better to withdraw from the shorter acting benzos first.

Hi,

Don't know what I was thinking of there. Restoril has half-life of 8-22 hours. You should still be tapering of Restoril first. Valium's half-life is 36-200 hours!

Hi Colin...

Somewhere along the line of this thread I got it in my head the Restoril should be the first one to go...I think Therese may have told me...So I guess after I see my pdoc tomorrow I will be good to go....I am stabilizing on the Restoril since I only took it here and there but on a regular basis..so today my body is talking to me....It is complaining mostly  :laugh:

Thanks ! C

Well I am back....

Colin, I am adding to this thread and am wondering if it should be moved over to another area since I have started the taper off of Restoril ???

Well, I am nervous because I am refilling my 10mg of valium which I have been off of cold turkey (see above posts  :) :))....

I am going to pick it up today so that I can stabilize while I am tapering off of Restoril...I usually just take the full 10mg (and then some many times) during the day...

I am thinking the I should maybe cut it in half, taking it 2 times a day...I am thinking that this will help control myself of craving more of the medication ? 

Any ideas ?

Thanks so much !  (on the same note I am happy that I am able to get back on it to stabilize.. ;D)...Cheryl  :wacko: