Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Website Outage

[Co...]

Hi all,

I understand that the website was down for about 3.5 hours. Simple answer: we ran out of disk space! BB just keeps growing. It is one of the larger SMF forums on the Internet. Anyway, I didn't realise how tight space was getting. The BB Tech has moved a few things round, but it looks like I'll have to up the hosting plan. No biggie. Sorry for the disruption.

Hi all,

Further to the initial outage yesterday, the site went down unexpectedly for a second time. This time, the reasons were not obvious (there is plenty of disk space - for now - after moving things between partitions). The logs do not reveal what happened.

For now, we are reopening the forum to see how it goes. We looked at upping the hosting plan for more space but for some very technical reasons that's not as straightforward as it usually would be. We will monitor the situation for a few days and then reconsider what to do in the longer term.

Thank you.

Thanks Colin, we are all so Lucky to have BB to come to that is safe and open to us without charge, just the kindness of someone that has never met me, but seems to know what I am and everyone here that are trying to get off of the Benzo's need a place for support and strength. Thanks again getting our site back up. :thumbsup:

No problem WBB and BG. You are welcome. But, really, it is the BB Tech, Nick - volunteering his services - who does the hard work. At one time (when BB was considerably smaller) I used to manage the back end by myself, but these days I am mostly limited to telling Nick, 'oh look, that doesn't work'. :)

I want to thank you Colin and Nick and all the moderators who do such a fantastic job.

Finding Benzo Buddies literally saved my life. I was in tolerance withdrawal and getting sicker with each day that passed. Through this site I found a wonderful benzo wise Dr. and support through my taper. :mybuddy:

A big thank you to everyone that keeps this site up and running and all of us feeling loved, supported and healing. We would be lost without you all!

:smitten:

I missed not having access to the site when it was down. I want to express a big thank you to Colin and Nick for the time, energy, and effort given to make BB possible.

I’m happy to see that a support forum of this size even exists. But at the same time I’m saddened that a problem of this magnitude as regards benzodiazepines/Z-drugs even exists today. BB is a rare gem on the Internet that is of invaluable help/support when found by a weary soul.

Your kindness is evident….again, thank you both as well as to the tireless Moderators, for making this forum possible for so many people. :)

Hi all,

I understand that the website was down for about 3.5 hours. Simple answer: we ran out of disk space! BB just keeps growing. It is one of the larger SMF forums on the Internet. Anyway, I didn't realise how tight space was getting. The BB Tech has moved a few things round, but it looks like I'll have to up the hosting plan. No biggie. Sorry for the disruption.

I appreciate the work. Since I worked alongside with many System Admins over the years, I certainly do understand those issues. Thanks for such quick turnaround!