People you Like Distraction thread

[wa...]

I first saw him in "Happiness" - and knew he was going to be successful. - an he was.  Went to New York to seem him with John C. Reilly in True West.  OMG -- gutted when he died.

http://i39.tinypic.com/dz7drl.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [wa...]

• [Yo...]

• [Be...]

• [be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

And I'm acquainted with Benzo Buddies member Cantfly, who was an extra in one of my favorite movies, The Thin Red Line...which makes him famous in my book. Though he can't find himself in it. lol

Cool

I can't find myself, either.

I sort of met Bob at a Apocalypse Now wrap party in NYC one hundred years ago just after he finished Raging Bull (he didn't look so well and was curiously alone and not talking to anyone)

http://i39.tinypic.com/296n4ue.jpg

That's much cooler than meeting Mark Hamill at a fan event and paying through the nose.

"Bob" still had all the weight he put on for Raging Bull? Became almost unrecognizable.... He's not much of a talker at all is he.

How'd you get into the party?

My bfriend at the time remained friendly with a previous girlfriend.  Her new befriend was a chiropractor who was on the set of the production -- some strange thing like this.  We were kind of crashing it - it was at someone's large posh apartment on the upper west side.  Lots of people.  I was sitting in the kitchen, of course, Bob Deniro standing in the door of the kitchen taking in the scene in the living room.  The phone rings in the kitchen - one of those old wall kind.  Some girl comes in to answer it.  The person on the other end wanted to speak to someone named "Dave".  She looks at Deniro and asks, "Are you Dave?".  He gives her that classic smirk.  "No, I'm not". and then she recognizes him and says, "No you're not Dave".  I just waved at him after seeing the whole thing.  (This is how I remember it, anyway)

He was another one - when you see his first film -early one anyway -- Mean Streets  - I knew he would be a huge talent.  Actually, that movie he made with Philip Seymour Hoffman was really good, I thought -- where Bob had a stroke. 

:laugh: Good story!

Now lemme tell you how I got into a long line and had to wait hours to meet Hamill....

The only time I remember being in a fan line was for Adam Ant -- but I was the first in line -- and the only reason that happened was because I was late -- and they switched last in line to first.  I was in shock. -- I ended up shaking his hand.  Most women would slobber all over him but I was too awestruck.  I thought if I had to wait, I'd leave because the whole thing  kind of felt weird -- paying to meet someone.  But I got a pic with him to prove I met him.  And I sniffed my hand for 2 days -- didn't wash it even.  I became a hopeless fan that night.  I'm seeing him next week in New York (in concert only).  He just cancelled all his Fla concerts and hightailed it up to Georgia. 

He was another one - when you see his first film -early one anyway -- Mean Streets  - I knew he would be a huge talent.  Actually, that movie he made with Philip Seymour Hoffman was really good, I thought -- where Bob had a stroke.

I met Richard Dreyfuss recently so I was researching him and found an interview from '74 in which he said "Bobby" was probably the best actor of his generation, even then.

So what did Adam's hand smell like? I really like his song "Wonderful".

Adam's hand smelled like cologne.  He does not divulge what he wears but it sure wasn't Electricshave. 

I like Dreyfuss.  Pray tell how you met him.  I met Bill Murray in an elevator and actually talked with him the whole ride since his old roommate was a friend of mine.    He was really nice.  Jane Curtain was in the same elevator (NBC) but wouldn't speak.  I think they may not have liked each other.  SNL wasn't so great for women talent at the time.

https://media.giphy.com/media/13e9VS2XEJAvxm/200.gif

Met Richard at another fan event. He was in a good mood and we had a nice little chat. He didn't get along with Murray, as you might've heard. An intense disliking for him is more accurate. Probably the only Oscar winner I'll ever meet.

Were you a page at NBC or something?

(hey, what's wrong with Electricshave....  :-\)

And I'm acquainted with Benzo Buddies member Cantfly, who was an extra in one of my favorite movies, The Thin Red Line...which makes him famous in my book. Though he can't find himself in it. lol

pmsl... Its kinda sad as I was quite close to camera in a few scenes.. Not that I have paused it and looked... Just shows, -an Extra is only an extra...

-Best Job eva!! Woody hung out with the extras a bit, and loved playing nasty jokes on Sean Penn...

Sorry... as you were...

Asides all that movie stuff... -Glen Richards (Band -Augie March), who sings "One Crowded Hour" is kinda close... :)

Lic1DcpDdmBf4YcE2PBZGNvFfM7SmsqVzoU8XRcwKCwCY4q7ckeecRN0l5viIU-fc8KibOQ7LDd8uQKDBgUFUdSGbryS8rtsOkTq6VfxLO2bV9Pa5HueoqMpKc7Y8YTXwlLlPBu220yuuI820t-MVTmlDBRhNdx9Pas=w313-h470-nc

I was going to pick Mark Twain but somebody beat me to it. Anyway, I love the great author from my own state~~CT. Her 2nd book, The Shipping News, won a Pulitzer Prize. She also wrote Brokeback Mountain which is a great flix, despite that cantfly is not in it. lol. She is just as sassy as her former neighbor, Kate Kepburn. CT residents are very proud of both of them.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyK5HkSTfTctYrgaQSIuOo2ImOtjgLt6LDwfm0naqkyQW6nvn_

WOw - she has written many books.  I loved the movie Brokeback.    I want to read her Accordion Crimes just because the title seems interesting and I try to play the accordion. 

Yes - 100 years ago I worked briefly at NBC - very bottom rung, though.  Bets has MUCH better anecdotes than I do, BTW  WBB

Oh I have a lot of stories. Most I want to forget. Anyway, I just finished reading Annie's latest book, Barkskins. It is very long and very interesting. The Times gave it a good review. The cool thing about Annie is she moves to whatever place she wants to write about. In the case of The Shipping News, she lived in Newfoundland. For Brokeback Mountain she lived in Wyoming. But she always returns to Norwich CT. She is very against what is happening to nature and rightly so. She once said she is glad she is old and ready to die because she does not want to see what will happen to Mother Earth. Naturally, she has her own opinions on our current president. I would suggest you give Barskins a read.

I was going to pick Mark Twain but somebody beat me to it. Anyway, I love the great author from my own state~~CT. Her 2nd book, The Shipping News, won a Pulitzer Prize. She also wrote Brokeback Mountain which is a great flix, despite that cantfly is not in it. lol. She is just as sassy as her former neighbor, Kate Kepburn. CT residents are very proud of both of them.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyK5HkSTfTctYrgaQSIuOo2ImOtjgLt6LDwfm0naqkyQW6nvn_

They only had "Fluffer" positions available... -I passed... :)

I had a few interesting people charter my boat, but its probably a bit wrong to discuss... -One mentioned he earnt 10k/hr (Dr) and was still on call 120mile out to sea in a foreign country...

-I guess there are downsides to everything...

One of my favourite characters is "Darryl Dixon" -The Walking Dead... And Actor would be Woody Harrelson...

Shook, do you know who played Captain Staros? In The Thin Red Line?? -Real nice Guy..

Sorry, dont want to hijack thread...

Cantfly,

I think it was Elias Koteas. He's from my hometown, Montreal. He also played Casey Jones in the first TMNT movie, your avatar might be interested to know.  ;)

Cantfly,

I think it was Elias Koteas. He's from my hometown, Montreal. He also played Casey Jones in the first TMNT movie, your avatar might be interested to know.  ;)

Im pretty hopless hey... But yes, Im sure that sounds right... Prehaps because I have been out of TV reception most my life??

-a monthly video box on the mail plane...

There was a scene he was reassuting us green scared kids on the ship (aka under a pub)...

He was telling me about his Great Dane and asking about the area... -Real nice Guy...

-I didnt realize at the time, but it was a huge cast of the best...

Can you list them... lol

There was the big red head from Romeo n Juliett -The murder spree one...

I have a 9/11 story about Patti Smith -- I was able to get a ride with her from an event back to her home in NYC.  She told us all about what it was like to wake up in a city that was under siege.  She knew when the phone rang that early in the morning that it would be something terrible.  I was basically able to hang out with her and her sister the whole day and I was able to ask her about all the concerts I had seen her in and her brother, husband -- regular stuff.  She was really interesting, a bit humorless which I expected but I felt so lucky for the chance to hang out with her.    WBB

http://i43.tinypic.com/6p98bl.jpg