How important is diet in recovery?

[Le...]

Lee,

I have started taking gingko bilobo and magnesium for my tinnitus. I have read a few articles that this might help this symptom. The reason I am taking this is because I have nothing to lose and seems this healing takes all the time in the world. I am not one to take supplements and rather get my nourishment from food, but seems gingko is part of the poison ivy family and it will probably hurt to go outside and graze. LOL

Maybe it is a good idea to eat foods that could potentially heal your neurological system. This process of healing takes a long time and eating foods that might help, is only a plus. The only benefit I can guarantee is later you wont be thinking I shoulda woulda ate these foods.

G,

Magnesium is the only supplement I take...I took a shot in the dark....to see if it would help me with sleep problems..and so far so good...it is either a hell of a placebo or it works..either way...I am sticking with it :) I hope it works for you too...

TC

What MG you taking for sleep TC?

I am taking 300-400mg of magnesium for sleep.....the pills are 100mg each..and I usually take 3.....

I have tried getting more through food.....although that is hard to keep track off.....I just try to eat foods that are listed as high in magensium....

I have read in a few places that it is not good to supplement more than 350 to 400mg of magnesium...I have no idea what the danger would be....but I try to keep it in that area..just in case....benzo withdrawal is hard enough without complicating it any more....but...it seems to help alot with sleep...

TC