Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

ADHD Med

[V1...]

Anyone had an ADHD med prescribed to counter the depression? Doc just prescribed me a very tiny dose of something called Viyannase ...my fingers are so crossed!!  He has no idea if it will help but is trying everything he thinks potentially might(which I appreciate at this point)

From someone who took Vyvanse for fun while on benzos in a past life, it's basically like speed if you don't have ADHD. I can remember taking extra doses of benzos to help with anxiety when using it. You'll know after one pill how you feel.

Thanks for feedback, Goodness, I hope it helps with depression but doesn't ramp me up that much.

When I say baby dose doc is having me dissolve a 10 mg (smallest they come) capsule in water & drink half so 5mg...smaller dosage than they even make....hopefully may help but not over rev. Yup I will see.

Here's a link to further info: http://www.vyvanse.com/

Please read the precautions and side effects thoroughly.  Personally, I wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole during the withdrawal and recovery process.  Here's an excerpt that particularly causes concern:

The most common side effects of Vyvanse reported in ADHD studies include:

anxiety

decreased appetite

diarrhea

dizziness

dry mouth

irritability

loss of appetite

nausea

trouble sleeping

upper stomach pain

vomiting

weight loss

The most common side effects of Vyvanse reported in adults with moderate to severe BED include:

dry mouth

trouble sleeping

decreased appetite

increased heart rate

Just my two cents...I'm not a doctor.

• 2 weeks later...