Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Off benzos, on opiods....qustions on benzo withdrawals

[An...]

I am about six months off withdrawing from xanax and then valium. I weaned over several months. I am also a long term chronic pain patient on 8 10/325 mg hydrocodone daily. I cannot really stop taking these because of pain issues. I am wondering if they are impeding my recovery from w/d of the benzos? I have severe depression as my main symptom, along with tinnitus, twinges, sleep problems and a few others, but depression is the main one. I never was depressed before while on opiates only. I developed depression while on the benzos and that's why I quit them. I realize I go into withdrawal every four hours from my opiod use, but this used to only produce physical symptoms, not depression so I assume this depression is benzo withdrawal and GABA related. Any info on being on opiods while withdrawing and what is from what would be appreciated. I don't think it would be a good idea to try to get off opiods now even if i could because of the depression and withdrawal of both together. I can barely hang on mentally now. Thanks.

Yup. It's from the benzos. I wouldnt come off the hudro neither. I made a stupid decision to come off suboxone after i came off xanax and ive been almost disabled the oast two years.  Barely able to work and function

Hi, thanks for the reply. How long after you came off the xanax did you get off the sub? Did you eventually recover from both and feel normal again or are you still having issues. Was depression an issue coming off the opiod? Any detailed info you can give me about your withdrawal and how the two interacted with each other would be helpful...i.e: were you still having w/d from the benzo when you started withdrawal from the sub or were you done with your benzo w/d symptoms? What was the difference in the two, or could you even distinguish what was from what? Thanks.