Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Lamictal

[2f...]

[2f...]

My psychiatrist wants me to start taking Lamictal (25mgs) everyday now since my Klonopin is no longer working (tolerance withdrawal bad), along with my hydroxyzine. Anyone have any experience with this drug? Did it improve you? Does it mess with your taper off benzo's?

Thanks - Sam

Lamictal had a black box warning. I took it for 4 days for anxiety. Ended up with rash in my mouth and throat and was told to stop it immediately.  Rash slowly dissapreard. I see some pleople on this forum are taking it,  hopefully someone with experience will respond. I'm very sensitive.

[2f...]

Lamictal had a black box warning. I took it for 4 days for anxiety. Ended up with rash in my mouth and throat and was told to stop it immediately.  Rash slowly dissapreard. I see some pleople on this forum are taking it,  hopefully someone with experience will respond. I'm very sensitive.

Thanks for your input

Sam, I tried it and had a bad reaction - tremors and shakes. Not as harmful as the Lamictal-Rash Mean spoke of, but still too much for me to be functional.

[2f...]

Sam, I tried it and had a bad reaction - tremors and shakes. Not as harmful as the Lamictal-Rash Mean spoke of, but still too much for me to be functional.

Thank your for your response

[2f...]

I've taken it for 9 years.  I am doing very well as far as mood and energy.  I have little to no anxiety.

Lynn

The only thing that concerns me is that my psychiatrist keeps trying to push these mood stabilizers on me. I've had a bad reaction to two of them already. I'm not a schizophrenic or bipolar nor do I have sezuires. This is the 3rd mood stabilizer he's pushed on me and they don't seem to work.....

Thank you for your response though