Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Thanksgiving holidays

[So...]

Hi all,

Tomorrow it will be Thanksgiving in America. The holidays can be tough.

I am thinking of all you, no matter where in the world, who are suffering.

I am grateful I didn't give in to my despair, for while I still have a few lingering symptoms, I know that I am on my way to full healing. It's only a matter of time. I didn't used to believe this, but now I do.

I am grateful that while I've been enduring the hardest thing I've ever encountered in my life, it's shown me an inner strength I didn't know existed.

I'm grateful that of all the things to be hit with in life, at the very least, benzo withdrawal is something that we heal from, eventually. Many people with other ailments, diseases and life circumstances cannot say the same thing.

Finally, I'm grateful I came across information here and elsewhere that could put my mind more at ease, instead of depending on psychiatrists, who would've been glad to ply me with more medication.

I am free of medication, and soon, hope to be free from withdrawal in its entirety.

I'm wishing the same for all of you. Be well. Hang in there. We are all stronger than we think.

SoCal

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is late, but maybe it could be for the holidays in general.

Thank you, SoCal, for saying what you're grateful for, and I'm so glad you're on your way to full healing! I think gratitude is one of the cornerstones of healing, and I keep a gratitude log and put what I'm grateful for in it. It has made a world of difference in concentrating on what goes well in my life.

I could have put what you said about yourself, except for the medications, unfortunately, but they've helped me through.

Thanks so much for your kind wishes!!!  :smitten: