Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Surgery/biopsy Friday, met with Anesthesiologist today, need opinions

[a3...]

[a3...]

He said I needed Fentanyl, along with Propofol.  I had Propofol 2 weeks ago for a colonoscopy and had no problems.  They are doing a biopsy of nodes in my peritoneal cavity that are causing me pain.  He said Propofol is not enough for this laparascopic surgery.  I know Fentanyl is a powerful opiate, has anyone had a setback in sx's or problems with it?

For pain I agreed to Demerol, what have you personally used for I.V. pain relief for a surgery?  I can't have morphine it makes me ill.  I told him just the very bare minimum on Fentanyl & Demerol.

Thanks to all who answer, nervous Nelly here.  :-\

MG :hug:

He said I needed Fentanyl, along with Propofol.  I had Propofol 2 weeks ago for a colonoscopy and had no problems.  They are doing a biopsy of nodes in my peritoneal cavity that are causing me pain.  He said Propofol is not enough for this laparascopic surgery.  I know Fentanyl is a powerful opiate, has anyone had a setback in sx's or problems with it?

For pain I agreed to Demerol, what have you personally used for I.V. pain relief for a surgery?  I can't have morphine it makes me ill.  I told him just the very bare minimum on Fentanyl & Demerol.

Hello,

I had fentanyl before all of my shoulder (3) surgeries. That was used along with propofol. I didn't have any difficulties with it's one time use. Yes, it is a very strong opiate but for surgical purposes you should be fine.

I never had IV pain relief though, just tablets of morphine and oxycodone. I actually never took the morphine, it's still sitting in my medicine cabinet until I can dispose of it properly.

Hey, it's normal to be a nervous Nellie before any surgery.  I'm sending healing thoughts and lots of hugs your way.

PG  :smitten:

[a3...]

Pianogirl,

Thanks so much!  Glad to know fentanyl didn't affect you.  Hoping the demerol won't, seems I read it could on here somewhere, but couldn't find it when I searched.

Hugs!  MG :smitten:

Hello,

I had fentanyl before all of my shoulder (3) surgeries. That was used along with propofol. I didn't have any difficulties with it's one time use. Yes, it is a very strong opiate but for surgical purposes you should be fine.

I never had IV pain relief though, just tablets of morphine and oxycodone. I actually never took the morphine, it's still sitting in my medicine cabinet until I can dispose of it properly.

Hey, it's normal to be a nervous Nellie before any surgery.  I'm sending healing thoughts and lots of hugs your way.

PG  :smitten: