Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

You mean chocolate donuts are not good for you?

[wa...]

I'm writing as kind of a confessional and I wasn't sure where to even post this.  Maybe a blog is in order but I am not good at tending to a blog, I think.  And I don't have a therapist at the moment. There is someone I spoke with on the phone but I owe her money and, well, I think I have to use BB forum as my therapist.  It sure has been more helpful than anything or anyone else.  Except for chocolate donuts.

So less than 2 months off, I'm beginning to see where my habits as a person are now not serving the person that needs help.  I won't get too into this too much -  but I come from a family that left me emotionally scarred and very insecure.  I have run the gamut of ADs and Ativan.  Lunesta was the last.  So now, as a woman in her 50s in the midst of w/d, I have to take care of myself.

I was rather undisciplined before all this with a lot of self-doubt and self-sabotage.  I practice alot of fear-based emotional responses to the brain fogged/sleep deprived state that I know I must survive in spite of the fear I have that it may never end.  I know I am not alone in this.

Of course I am depressed and tired.  "Of course you deserve 6 of these chocolate donuts"  I think.  You can't drink, smoke, drug.  You feel like s**t.  More donuts.  I write because I want to begin taking care of myself.  I mean really want to.  I want to do my little p.t. excercises tired without complaint and quit chasing my beautiful organic veggies with sabotaging chocolate donuts (or other).  They are a kind of metaphor.  I practice self care and dash it with something or some behavior not good for me.  I rebel at self-discipline.  Why must I hate myself?  It's time.  Thanks  WBB

Oh Dear Friend, I hear you loud and clear.  I have been punishing myself off and on for a year now in the same fashion.  I was very caring of my body and mind for a long time, and this last year I've been emotionally eating like nobody's business.  It's not an unusual problem here or in the world.  I know many "healthy" people who do the same thing, though many don't recognize it for what it is or seem to give a crap.

If I don't have something in the house, I don't go looking for it.  For me, this works.  I'm rarely tempted when I'm at work, and I don't seek out donuts or anything unless it's planned and purposeful.  It's not typically some spontaneous thing. 

It does us no good to beat ourselves up.  Know you are not alone.  :hug:

Thankyou, thankyou Sunday.  Hah- I put down my chips when I read your post.  All I needed was someone to say don't beat yourself up and I stopped.  What does that tell me?  I am full of fear.

This process is hell. It goes on for so long.  I've had so much fear so much of my life, to add this w/d experience is so depressing.  Haven't I endured enough?  On days I feel better, I come to face again with that worthlessness feeling that it is now my job to conquer.

I commend you for working.  I don't know how long you were on the clon but it can't be easy working while coming off of it.  WbB

WBB,

I laughed, in a good way, when you said you put down the chips.  Good for you!  I am happy to be your eating buddy if you want.

I was on K for about 10 years when I started the taper.  Work is very hard, but it has been better for me to work than not through this. When things are really bad, I take a day.  I hope things just get better as I go down.  In some ways they have and in others, not so much.  Cheers to us!  And WBB?  If you're going to eat donuts, make sure they're really good ones :)

Ha - haven't had donuts lately but I do feel an uptick in craving carbs.  I got the organic seven grain chips thingys and felt I could go through the whole box.  I think the food is not making sense since I am feeling .0001% better these last two days.  We're going to a Greek restaurant tonight -- I normally would beg off but I'm up for it.  Only sad part is no booze.  Can't do that yet.  WBB

Yep, Marigold - already following your thread.  This evening I'm "acting as if"  I'm a healthy person who prefers healthy food. If I could just keep returning to "acting as if" as soon as the old record starts, I think that will help me.  WBB

Yep, Marigold - already following your thread.  This evening I'm "acting as if"  I'm a healthy person who prefers healthy food. If I could just keep returning to "acting as if" as soon as the old record starts, I think that will help me.  WBB

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Its hard not to eat or do the "bad stuff" as long as we don't know yet what we love and what really makes us happy. It has took me a long time to get to know myself AND the things I can give me to be happy. As you would tell a child: you have to try a lot of things to get this knowledge.

Be curious! Thats fun, - will be fun , soon! :thumbsup: