Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Is Buspar ok to take with lorazepam?

[...]

My doc just proscribed my Buspar to help me get my anxiety under control without increasing my Ativan dose. Has anyone else used Buspar? Is it ok to take? Thank you.

My doc just proscribed my Buspar to help me get my anxiety under control without increasing my Ativan dose. Has anyone else used Buspar? Is it ok to take? Thank you.

Lorazepam is a benzo so it's fine to use both. But it's best not to take them at the same time.

The good news is buspar is a very safe med, and will not interact with your benzo in ny way.

The bad news is buspar is a very mild anxiolytic and is of not effective for folks who have already been using a benzo.

There is really no reason not to try it, but its unlikely it will provide much relief.

Thank you for your advice. I am really struggling to stabilize my anxiety so that I can start to taper again. (I haven't tried to taper for a couple months). I had a huge increase in anxiety after some family and health issues that I can't get under control. Bad judgement, I know, but I increased my ativan dose for a couple of days and have now decided that 2mg per day is probably where I have to stay with it :(  (I was at 1.25mg prior to this added family and health stress). If I just stick with this 2mg for a couple of weeks will my anxiety most likely ease up a bit? I haven't had much trouble tapering over the past 8ish months from 4mg to 1.25, so I'm not really sure how everything usually works. When you make a cut does your body generally take awhile to adapt to that new dosage? Or am I just stuck with horrible anxiety for the rest of this process because I messed up by increasing my dose? I'm so scared. The 2mg a day is not helping much with my anxiety, and the idea of adding the Buspar was to get control of this new anxiety without increasing the ativan. I want to get back to tapering as soon as possible...especially since had a setback by increasing my Ativan dose before knowing the potential repercussions. What the doctors don't tell ya, huh? I often wonder how I was so naive to get myself into this mess in the first place :(

Anyone have a positive experience with Buspar?

It was helping with my anxiety a little bit but gave me headaches so not taking it right now (ignore my signature, haven't updated it)