Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

What Antibiotics have you used that didn't ramp up sx's? Surgery this week

[db...]

[db...]

There aren't many I can take, generally they give me Keflex.  I'm having gallstones removed and a biopsy of a perineal node.  I'm allergic to penicillin, and most sulfa drugs, so wondering what anyone took that didn't cause sx's to rev up?  I looked up Keflex, and many people seemed to have issues with it.

Thanks, MG  :hug:

[db...]

Ellen,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to me.  :hug:  MG

I was able to use Keflex without issues....also the z-pak which was without s/x.  Used both several times during my taper.

I also took Keflex for a minor surgery and had no issues and I have had issues with many other antibiotics, especially sulfur and anything that are part of the Fluoroquinolone family (cipro,levaquin, etc)  :)

[db...]

Lking,

Thanks for responding!  :smitten:

:hug: MG

I also took Keflex for a minor surgery and had no issues and I have had issues with many other antibiotics, especially sulfur and anything that are part of the Fluoroquinolone family (cipro,levaquin, etc)  :)

I just recently finished a prescription for Amoxicillin, for a bad throat infection.  It cleared up my throat infection quickly, and I didn't have any negative affects from it.

I had IV Zocyn when I had my gallbladder out with no problems. May be spelled Zocin. And believe me I was terrified.Biaxin put me into acute. I had taken Biaxin alot over the years with no problems so it was a suprise.