Important Survey - Please Participate ×

What Antibiotics have you used that didn't ramp up sx's? Surgery this week

[29...]

[29...]

There aren't many I can take, generally they give me Keflex.  I'm having gallstones removed and a biopsy of a perineal node.  I'm allergic to penicillin, and most sulfa drugs, so wondering what anyone took that didn't cause sx's to rev up?  I looked up Keflex, and many people seemed to have issues with it.

Thanks, MG  :hug:

[29...]

Ellen,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to me.  :hug:  MG

I was able to use Keflex without issues....also the z-pak which was without s/x.  Used both several times during my taper.

I also took Keflex for a minor surgery and had no issues and I have had issues with many other antibiotics, especially sulfur and anything that are part of the Fluoroquinolone family (cipro,levaquin, etc)  :)

[29...]

Lking,

Thanks for responding!  :smitten:

:hug: MG

I also took Keflex for a minor surgery and had no issues and I have had issues with many other antibiotics, especially sulfur and anything that are part of the Fluoroquinolone family (cipro,levaquin, etc)  :)

I just recently finished a prescription for Amoxicillin, for a bad throat infection.  It cleared up my throat infection quickly, and I didn't have any negative affects from it.

I had IV Zocyn when I had my gallbladder out with no problems. May be spelled Zocin. And believe me I was terrified.Biaxin put me into acute. I had taken Biaxin alot over the years with no problems so it was a suprise.