Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Anyone have a Massage set off a Wave?

[ed...]

Was feeling nice and stable. Went for a 75 minute massage. 60 minutes in a wave was set off and internal vibrations and chills took over. Possible that the muscle/nerve stimulation set this off?

Many thanks,

Ed

Absolutely! Too much stimulation. my main issues right now are neck and jaw pain and my doc wants me to keep going to massage and PT, not understanding how it can cause issues, my counselor was explaining how the body is very hypersensitive and easily excitable during withdrawal (I am 13 months off today). My yoga teachers touch reiki and that is beneficial. Best Wishes.

I did just have a massage and saw my chiro and feel like death. However, what are we supposed to do? We need to get massages and move on with life.

I did just have a massage and saw my chiro and feel like death. However, what are we supposed to do? We need to get massages and move on with life.

Ha! That massage sent me into a horrendous wave from which I am only now recovering. It'll be a long time before I make that mistake again.

• 2 weeks later...

Totally!!! I have had massages that made me feel sick and anxious.  Once it was because the pressure wasn't firm enough, I felt awful.  Another time it was too intense. 

I finally found a therapist who understands what's happening to me and adjusts pressure and focus accordingly.  Massage done correctly is actually very good.

Totally!!! I have had massages that made me feel sick and anxious.  Once it was because the pressure wasn't firm enough, I felt awful.  Another time it was too intense. 

I finally found a therapist who understands what's happening to me and adjusts pressure and focus accordingly.  Massage done correctly is actually very good.

I'll take your word for it!  ;D  I'm good with massage until I'm nice and healed.  I DO appreciate your input though.  Hope you're having a good night.

Best,

Ed

I still have a coupon for a free massage at a clinic five minutes from here and can't go.  Pre-benzo's, I used to get massages all the time and most times they felt good and I enjoyed the touch.  Now I don't want anyone touching me at all. 

I still have a coupon for a free massage at a clinic five minutes from here and can't go.  Pre-benzo's, I used to get massages all the time and most times they felt good and I enjoyed the touch.  Now I don't want anyone touching me at all.

I'd be willing to bet that many of us echo your sentiments.  ♫ If I could turn back time....  ♫