Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

BREAKING NEWS - BRITISH MEDICAL ASSOCIATION CALLS FOR NATIONAL HELPLINE

[lo...]

That was really great.  You did an excellent job Fiona!  Is there a way to listen to this again?  So much crying now, omg.  Just to hear you Fiona...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [lo...]

• [La...]

• [be...]

• [Te...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I was very emotional ... I am very tired, very upset, have lost too much of my life. 

I wish I could have said a little bit more about the doctors saying I was not suffering from withdrawal.

I will listen to it again tomorrow and see what it sounded like.

I am so pleased the radio presenter is being hard hitting.  :thumbsup:

It can be listened to again on the website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/5live

Is that the end of the programme?  It is politics now.  I think it must be.

Fiona  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Okay, I guess that topic is done for now. Well done, Fiona! And thanks again for allowing us to listen live. Too bad I didn't start listening earlier. I was so impressed by the host's attempts to challenge the doctor. We need journalists to do more of that.

P.S. I love the Northern Irish accent, so that was a little bonus aspect of this broadcast.  ;)

Ah, thank you for the link Fiona.  Will listen again tomorrow, got so distracted by it being live.  Yes, a rare journalist unafraid to ask the hard questions.  I think I tuned in when you did Lapis and I thought the very concerns you had just posted (things Mr. Benzohno was also just saying) were being addressed.  Was I mistaken to think he'd experienced benzo w/d himself, or was he reading someone else's letter in the first installment?

Fiona, there was not a lot of time for you to say everything you wanted.  You did great!

benzohno, I REALLY wish our national public broadcaster -- the CBC -- would be asking some of the hard questions too.

In answer to your question, I think he was telling someone else's story. I need to listen to it again as well, because I was so taken aback by the fact that I was able to listen to it live that I didn't catch the first part very well. Anyway, if he started right at 22:00, that means I missed most of it. Thank goodness we can listen to it tomorrow. Yay for the internet! Yay for archived radio programs!

Fiona, you expressed yourself beautifully.  I started crying the moment I heard your voice.  You did what I am unable to do at the moment. I hope you rest well this evening.  :smitten::hug:

Oh thank you so much, Left Behind.  I am so very tired but am still listening.

Some day you will feel well enough to do what you want.

I can hardly keep my eyes open here.

Hugs

Fiona  :smitten:

In a strange twist, Stephen Nolan just mentioned the (crazy) U.S. drug ads that mention all of the possible side effects of a given medication in the span of about 10 seconds. Those ads have created a higher demand for medication, because people are told to "ask your doctor about (name the drug)". Here in Canada, such ads are banned but we get lots of U.S. TV.

Those ads are OF COURSE meant to INCREASE sales. And they do.

It's been interesting to have my head in the UK for most of the weekend. Between the video and the radio program, I feel like the ocean between us has disappeared, and we're all in the same room. The internet has really smashed the borders and brought us all closer together.

It's been interesting to have my head in the UK for most of the weekend. Between the video and the radio program, I feel like the ocean between us has disappeared, and we're all in the same room. The internet has really smashed the borders and brought us all closer together.

Has it ever Lapis.  Feeling the same way here.  Not alone.  In the same room- so true  :smitten:

Now I feel like crying again! I'm so glad you guys/gals are here. Hearing these programs from across the pond reminds me of how large this problem is. It's huge in the UK, huge in Canada, huge in the U.S.....It's huge everywhere. The Jennys and Fionas and Daves are everywhere.

Stephen Nolan said they need to do a whole show on it as he was listening to people's stories and understanding how deep and wide the problem is. Yes, Stephen, please do a whole show on it!