Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Kidney Problems during Benzo Withdrawal/Recovery?

[Bu...]

Has anybody had any kidney problems (stones/infections) while tapering or in recovery from Benzos?  I've been having urinary tract/kidney area pain and tests showed it isn't a UTI.  Nurse Practitioner suspects kidney stones/sludge and ordered an ultrasound to see if there are any.  Could benzo withdrawal/recovery cause this or make an unknown pre-existing problem like this worse?  Thanks!

I had this!!! I've never heard of anyone else having this symptom. On and off for months I would feel burning and urgency. 4 months after I started taking the Xanax nightly, I actually ended up in the ER for what I believe had to be a kidney stone. There was nothing. They even scoped bladder and again, nothing. They cultured my urine and again... Nothing. Going through withdrawal my urinary tract always felt painful, but it doesn't anymore. With everything I was going through, I never put thought into it, until I read your post!

Glad you don't have these symptoms anymore gettingthere!  Sounds like all this could be another "lovely" benzo related symptom... :sick:  That's interesting that you started having the symptoms after being on these drugs-I never had this issue (that I know of), before taking xanax for a couple of months...ugh!  Crossing my fingers that no kidney stones show up on the ultrasound.  Take care!

Crazy what these drugs do! Praying all goes well with your tests! It is ironic that we both started symptoms after a few months. I'm going to have to say we discovered another side effect!

• 1 month later...
I have small traces of blood in my urine. Need to go for further tests.. Never had this issue until WD, so I am going to cross my fingers that it's just that. Hope all is well.  :smitten:

I hope your tests go well klonofree.  I was diagnosed with interstitial cystitis after being on Xanax for 2 months-never had those sxs before-I'm thinking it may be just another lovely benzo symptom...ugh.  Take care!  :)

I hope your tests go well klonofree.  I was diagnosed with interstitial cystitis after being on Xanax for 2 months-never had those sxs before-I'm thinking it may be just another lovely benzo symptom...ugh.  Take care!  :)

Ty love.. I will keep you posted. Xoxo