Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Lee Hardy - Deceptive Practices

[Co...]

Well, well, well...

Rumbled this lady, via some choice questioning - for all to see - whilst working as an Admin elsewhere on another psychiatric drug withdrawal support group, about five months ago or so.

Quite sad really... they really do think that we're all that stupid.

Well not this one, either  ;)

Really!  She has made the rounds, hasn't she.  I'm glad you were able to see through the lies and deception. 

Thanks for coming back to offer more support, it's good to see you on the forum again.

pianogirl

Awwww... thanks, pianogirl... and thanks for your kind reply.

I really should 'pop in' more, I know how important it is to share the hope.

And yes... you're right... she has  ;)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Co...]

• [pi...]

• [1w...]

• [fi...]

This makes me very sad. I worked with Lee and found her to be helpful. I chose to stop because I could no longer afford it. Ethics are so critically important. Sad.

Hi Grandma D (and everyone else who has commented),

Thank you for the information.

I will review this matter within the next few days to see if there is anything else I should do. You might, of course, inform any FB groups to which you belong about this matter. You can link to this thread, but since it is a members-only area of the forum, it will require a BB account/login.

I am going to make the link to the video (in your post) non-clickable. Maybe I should remove it entirely - I'm undecided at this point.

I viewed the video: it is more than a little ironic that hardy is advising her viewers to avoid benzo-support forums, when she has had so many accounts here and (no doubt) elsewhere promoting her dubious services (through the use of 'endorsements' from fake 'satisfied customers'). ::)

Hi Grandma D (and everyone else who has commented),

Thank you for the information.

I will review this matter within the next few days to see if there is anything else I should do. You might, of course, inform any FB groups to which you belong about this matter. You can link to this thread, but since it is a members-only area of the forum, it will require a BB account/login.

I am going to make the link to the video (in your post) non-clickable. Maybe I should remove it entirely - I'm undecided at this point.

I viewed the video: it is more than a little ironic that hardy is advising her viewers to avoid benzo-support forums, when she has had so many accounts here and (no doubt) elsewhere promoting her dubious services (through the use of 'endorsements' from fake 'satisfied customers'). ::)

Ironic for sure, this is someone who has had a plethora of accounts here and who surreptitiously recruited clients using someone else's credentials. It's so dishonest.

Colin, I finally figured out where I got that link to the video from....

Sometime in the past I had "liked" a FB page on benzo recovery and that's where the link came from. But it's from Lee Hardy's FB page!  Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!!!  Would you like me to delete my post with that link? Whatever you decide is fine with me as I sure don't want to promote her in any way, shape for form.

D

No problem, Grandma D. Don't worry about the (now disabled) link. In the context of this thread, it is probably OK to leave it. If I change my my mind, I will remove it myself.

Thanks again Colin!  It's good to know you have our backs. Although I had received her information from Findingmeagan, I had not contacted Lee Hardy at all.

Heathcliff

• 3 weeks later...
Went on to as many site rating sites I could, so anyone looking her up there could like directly to this thread.  I suggest you all do the same!!

Went on to as many site rating sites I could, so anyone looking her up there could like directly to this thread.  I suggest you all do the same!!

FYI This is a members-only part of the forum. So, unless they already have a membership (or join), they will not be able to read it. But you are right, people deserve to know about what Lee Hardy has done.

This is her latest post on her FB page.  I pray no one signs up...

Hi everyone. I hope you are all well. I have been talking with others in the benzo community and it seems that a lot of people would benefit from a support group. I have heard that Baylissa has ended her group due to unforeseen issues. Here's what I would like to do:

I was thinking about having group video support groups. We would be able to see and hear each other. These groups would be small and I would like to arrange them in a way where like minded people are together. For example, put protracted folks in one group, short term users in another, etc.... I would facilitate these groups. I thought about making these free groups, but I would appreciate being paid for my time facilitating and organizing. It would be a reasonable fee of course. What does everyone think? If enough people are interested, I will get this started.

Please share with others too!

Hi everyone. I hope you are all well. I have been talking with others in the benzo community and it seems that a lot of people would benefit from a support group. I have heard that Baylissa has ended her group due to unforeseen issues. Here's what I would like to do:

I was thinking about having group video support groups. We would be able to see and hear each other. These groups would be small and I would like to arrange them in a way where like minded people are together. For example, put protracted folks in one group, short term users in another, etc.... I would facilitate these groups. I thought about making these free groups, but I would appreciate being paid for my time facilitating and organizing. It would be a reasonable fee of course. What does everyone think? If enough people are interested, I will get this started.

What a creep!  Makes me so mad!!!

Unbelievable! Geez...what a sleazy way to make a buck! Thanks for the share, D...we really gotta watch out for these people...she reminds me of one of those TV evangelists who prey on senior citizens.

Thank you Colin for posting openly about this situation so that people here can be warned.  I'm grateful that that video of Lee Hardy was posted.  I had a look and that is the woman that I Skyped with a couple times as a so-called "benzo wise therapist" over a year ago.  I had forgotten her name so it helped to see her face just now.  Initially another member here gave me her contact info as he was Skyping with her for help with his w/d.  It didn't take me long to realize she was a really crappy therapist and didn't have a clue about what REAL w/d is like so I dumped her.  I can't remember the specifics of what turned me off about her.  My friend also expressed concern to me over Lee's invalidation of his w/d experience and he let her go too because of that.  I, at the very least, feel validated that my instincts were right on to fire her so quickly.

This is pretty maddening in several ways.  I remember MoreChocolate's posts from way back and frequently found that the experience she was reporting here on BB of w/d was almost nil.  Frankly it was really irritating to read how she put people down that were actually really suffering so bad and outright attacking people here.  She has no idea what people can experience in w/d so how can she specialize in benzo w/d coaching or therapy?  OMG.  :tickedoff: 

Secondly ... I am so freaking embarrassed that I PAID to talk to that specific woman about the resulting PTSD I have from the entire w/d experience!!  :crazy:  Cripes, I am well and truly mortified!!

Whoopsie ... you're being way too hard on yourself..think of all those folks who aren't on here and getting the information we do, that think she's genuine and are paying for her 'therapy ' .. at least you had the gut instinct to stop.

I think when we are in benzo withdrawal we are very vulnerable to all things like this really. Anything that can help ..or we think can help .. what a long process this is !!

Thank you Colin for posting openly about this situation so that people here can be warned.  I'm grateful that that video of Lee Hardy was posted.  I had a look and that is the woman that I Skyped with a couple times as a so-called "benzo wise therapist" over a year ago.  I had forgotten her name so it helped to see her face just now.  Initially another member here gave me her contact info as he was Skyping with her for help with his w/d.  It didn't take me long to realize she was a really crappy therapist and didn't have a clue about what REAL w/d is like so I dumped her.  I can't remember the specifics of what turned me off about her.  My friend also expressed concern to me over Lee's invalidation of his w/d experience and he let her go too because of that.  I, at the very least, feel validated that my instincts were right on to fire her so quickly.

This is pretty maddening in several ways.  I remember MoreChocolate's posts from way back and frequently found that the experience she was reporting here on BB of w/d was almost nil.  Frankly it was really irritating to read how she put people down that were actually really suffering so bad and outright attacking people here.  She has no idea what people can experience in w/d so how can she specialize in benzo w/d coaching or therapy?  OMG.  :tickedoff: 

Secondly ... I am so freaking embarrassed that I PAID to talk to that specific woman about the resulting PTSD I have from the entire w/d experience!!  :crazy:  Cripes, I am well and truly mortified!!

Hi Whoopsie,

Listen, don't beat yourself up about looking for help.  Lee's "credentials" and I use the term very loosely seem at first glance to be first rate.  Of course, most of us choose to believe in the honesty and forthrightness of others, so why would you question Lee's information. 

Pat yourself on the back for seeing her for what she really is, a crappy therapist. 

Yes, MoreChocolate's posts really represent who and what Lee really is.

It's OK whoopsie!

PG  :smitten:

Thank you for the kind words Bozobertie and Pianogirl.  You're both right that it wasn't me that was in the wrong.  I feel bad for others that have been drawn in to give her "crappy benzo therapy" a try.  What an awful person to be taking advantage of vulnerable people.

Thanks again you two, you made me feel a lot better.  :smitten:

Wow, I am almost got deceived by Lee Hardy. I am glad a very nice member pointed me to read this thread. Just right on time, so glad.

Tracy

Wow, I am almost got deceived by Lee Hardy. I am glad a very nice member pointed me to read this thread. Just right on time, so glad.

Tracy

I'm glad too.  :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I have noticed strange behavior in this forum lately. For example people who say horrible things to frighten in difficult times.

An example is when I commented that the benzodiazepine causes me allergies and DAO or histamine disorders, and someone told me "beware antihistamines cause brain tumors". It's something I did not need to know at the time.

And recently someone told me that I was taking "2,000" mg of vitamin C per day, that is impossible and probably dangerous.

I have noticed strange behavior in this forum lately. For example people who say horrible things to frighten in difficult times.

An example is when I commented that the benzodiazepine causes me allergies and DAO or histamine disorders, and someone told me "beware antihistamines cause brain tumors". It's something I did not need to know at the time.

And recently someone told me that I was taking "2,000" mg of vitamin C per day, that is impossible and probably dangerous.

Hi celespsycho,

Did you mean to post the above in reply to this thread?

In any case, please use the 'report this post' function at the bottom-right corner of any post which causes you concern and one of the team will look at it for you.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there anyone still here who remembers a woman named Jana? I don't know if she's still using that name, or if she has set up a new website after closing down BDR (Benzodiazepine Recovery, I believe). I recently heard she's still active and her new site is locked, i.e. no public access.

Beware of this person.

aweigh

Is there anyone still here who remembers a woman named Jana? I don't know if she's still using that name, or if she has set up a new website after closing down BDR (Benzodiazepine Recovery, I believe). I recently heard she's still active and her new site is locked, i.e. no public access.

Beware of this person.

aweigh

Hi aweigh,

Although I have some serious disagreements with Jana, I do not think it fair to conflate her actions/activities with those of Lee Hardy. Irrespective of how I (and some others) might feel about Jana, I think it fair to say that Jana's actions were well-intentioned.

Having said that, my criticism of her 'method' are serious - I have detailed them already. Several posts, from here, onwards:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=72390.msg973423#msg973423

And a couple of posts to this thread too:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=159823.msg2137482#msg2137482

• 3 weeks later...
[b3...]
Nobody has contacted me.  Apparently I haven't introduced myself so I am not receiving any help with my request and desire to taper.  Maybe you think I might be another version of this person.  I can assure you that I am not.  But I would like it is someone would answer my messages.  I am not sure what is going on.  Please help.  Thank you..  :-\