Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Need insomnia med opinions for vacation

[cr...]

Please help me with this.  My insomnia is brutal.  I only take a sleeping aid when I have an appt the next day, so about 8 or 9 times a month.  Next month I go on a 2 week vacation and need opinions on what I can take to sleep.  I won't take the same thing every night so I won't become tolerant.  I have Remeron and Doxepin, which don't work  very well.  Last night I tried 50 mg of Seroquel and it took 3 hours for it to work.  I also take Unisom and Trazodone, the Trazodone I tapered down to 100 mg because it lost its effectiveness and I try not to take it when I have to take other drugs because of interactions.  Please suggest some meds I can take, this is so important.  Thank you so much.  Cross

I use an over the counter sleep aid called alteril from Walmart.  It works great.  I do not use it every night, I try to save it for when it is really needed.  Just as a caveat it has gaba in it, I believe.  I have been taking it for 3 years and never had problems.  Didn't know gaba could be a problem until recently so you may not want to try it.  I have had no problems and am almost 23 months off and doing great.