Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Need insomnia med opinions for vacation

[cr...]

Please help me with this.  My insomnia is brutal.  I only take a sleeping aid when I have an appt the next day, so about 8 or 9 times a month.  Next month I go on a 2 week vacation and need opinions on what I can take to sleep.  I won't take the same thing every night so I won't become tolerant.  I have Remeron and Doxepin, which don't work  very well.  Last night I tried 50 mg of Seroquel and it took 3 hours for it to work.  I also take Unisom and Trazodone, the Trazodone I tapered down to 100 mg because it lost its effectiveness and I try not to take it when I have to take other drugs because of interactions.  Please suggest some meds I can take, this is so important.  Thank you so much.  Cross

I use an over the counter sleep aid called alteril from Walmart.  It works great.  I do not use it every night, I try to save it for when it is really needed.  Just as a caveat it has gaba in it, I believe.  I have been taking it for 3 years and never had problems.  Didn't know gaba could be a problem until recently so you may not want to try it.  I have had no problems and am almost 23 months off and doing great.